• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Michigan Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
FWIW Michigan is claiming that they didn't approve the promotion by Coca-Cola.

Of course they don't because in the Pizza Salesman's mind it "cheapens the brand" but so does sending out emails from the athletic department selling $40 tickets for the Utah and Minnesota games.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Of course they don't because in the Pizza Salesman's mind it "cheapens the brand" but so does sending out emails from the athletic department selling $40 tickets for the Utah and Minnesota games.

What are normal ticket prices for Michigan games? cheapest in the house i mean.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
$75. "Marquee games" which I think this year is just PSU - $95.

Thanks. So there is no dynamic pricing? Rutgers cheapest seat for Tulane is $45. Same seat for Michigan is $110. Wisconsin is $95. Indiana is $45. Not sure what Penn State was but I'm guessing it was above the Michigan price.

goblue96

Thanks. So there is no dynamic pricing? Rutgers cheapest seat for Tulane is $45. Same seat for Michigan is $110. Wisconsin is $95. Indiana is $45. Not sure what Penn State was but I'm guessing it was above the Michigan price.

Theres dynamic pricing. But the price never falls below that number unless it's part of a "special offer"

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Dave Brandon is your Steve Pederson. I just learned that he was the last CEO of Domino's before they got rid of their shitty cardboard pizza and turned it into something semi-edible. What in the actual fuck qualified this guy to be an AD in the first place?

goblue96

Dave Brandon is your Steve Pederson. I just learned that he was the last CEO of Domino's before they got rid of their shitty cardboard pizza and turned it into something semi-edible. What in the actual fuck qualified this guy to be an AD in the first place?

The Pizza Salesman makes Petercunt look competent.

Most of the time, I laugh at the comments on the message board linked below but this guy makes a lot of sense.

http://umgoblue.com/talk/fb.ashx?m=257058

Last edited:

goblue96

@bighuskermav : Did Petersen do shit like this?

Brandon's predecessor, Bill Martin, introduced Personal Seat Licenses to the Big House, but only after the nation's next 19-biggest stadiums had already done so. Even then, the PSL program was relatively moderate, he spared the fans in the endzones, and he lowered ticket prices after the 2008 recession. Even after the team finished 3-9 in 2008 and 5-7 in 2009, Michigan's wait list remained robust.

"Just because you can charge them more," Martin told me, "doesn't mean you should. You're not there to ring up the cash to the nth degree. It's a nonprofit model!"

In Brandon's first four years, he has increased the operating budget from $107 million to $147 million. That does not include the building program, most recently estimated at $340 million. In Brandon's defense, he has generated a $5 million surplus (down from $9 million a year ago) and the buildings will benefit all Michigan's teams, not just football and basketball. But his budget also includes his $1 million salary, almost three times what Bill Martin paid himself -- and yes, the AD does pay himself -- plus Brandon's $300,000 annual bonus, which contributes to a 72-percent increase in administrator compensation; not to mention an 80-percent increase in "marketing, promotions and ticketing"; and a 340-percent increase in "Hosting, Food and Special Events."

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Well, The "seat license" at Nebraska was around long before Pederson...probably dating back to the 90's. Of course, it's not called a "seat license", but a mandatory "donation" to the booster club. But, it wasn't as controversial here because they grandfathered older season ticket holders in. If you had season tickets before it was implemented, then you aren't required to give a donation....even to this day. There are some blue hairs that have had season tickets on the 50 yard line for 30+ years and they aren't paying a dime above the face value But, I'm OK with that. With the recent stadium expansion, it also bottomed out the minimum donation level for many seats. Some endzone seats went from having a $750/seat donation to $150 or none at all in a few cases.

The worst thing Pederson did was fire a decent coach and give us Callahan after a badly botched coaching search. He definitely was an ego-maniac hell-bent on establishing his own legacy rather than continuing the legacy we already had. He pissed on a lot of traditions (changed the Herbie Husker mascot, took down all photos of previous All-Americans/Hall of Famers in the coaching offices and replaced them with pictures of current players, shut out former players from visiting, etc.). Nobody in the state liked the guy after he fired Solich...he was voted "enemy of the state" in a Sports Illustrated poll right after the Callahan hire. It's amazing he held on for 3 years after that. But, if Callahan had won games, all of that may have been overlooked.

But like Pederson, I don't think Brandon is gonna make it out of Ann Arbor on his own terms. His coach ain't winning and he is fucking up in too many other areas.

goblue96

Last edited:

Lloyd Carr

Michigan is bad and everyone involved should feel bad.

I hope to wake up tomorrow or Monday morning to find out everyone has been fired.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I once peed in Michigan stadium while we set up the ice boxes there. It's nothing compared to the football team who takes a shit in it every other week.

Ugh, that joke is awful

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I would advise all big ten fans to just give up. It's time to secure interest in a premier league team. 2030, college football is dead in the Midwest

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
"'I think this team can still win a championship," he said. "I really do, but we've got to play much better and we have to support each other as we do it.'"

Has anyone ever been more delusional? You've never even won a division there but yeah, I'm sure after this start your team will put it together and win a championship.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Lots of clamor over Hoke leaving Morris in with what appears to be a concussion. The announcers were going nuts. I'll be mildly surprised if we don't hear more about this.

Bdub

"'I think this team can still win a championship," he said. "I really do, but we've got to play much better and we have to support each other as we do it.'"

Has anyone ever been more delusional? You've never even won a division there but yeah, I'm sure after this start your team will put it together and win a championship.
What did you want him to say?
God we are awful. We are giving up and won't win another game.

WingedHelmet

I'd prefer a bit of self-awareness. There is a space between "winning the Big Ten Championship” and "giving up." He could have said "We're struggling but we'll continue to work to get better." Claiming to still genuinely believe the team that lost a combined 61-14 to Notre Dame and (no offense to any Gopher fans) fucking Minnesota can win the Big Ten is a joke. Hey Brady, you're not fooling anyone.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
I can't believe how terrible Michigan is this year. We were talking about it around the tailgate today before the Nebraska game...you guys are about where Nebraska was in 2007. Fucking awful...hope you feel better soon? :eek:

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
There is coach speak then there is flat out lying. Hoke talking like that to us/media is demeaning imo, like were dumb and can't see the truth.

Chase

Whichever Michigan poster on here who said Brady Hoke has 'stabilized the program' when they were down four touchdowns to Notre Dame.

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator

That last sentence (bolded) tells me he's at least lost the team.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Whichever Michigan poster on here who said Brady Hoke has 'stabilized the program' when they were down four touchdowns to Notre Dame.

That was me. Lawd do I look like more of a dumbass than usual.

I still think there's a decent set up for a new coach. RichRod absolutely decimated the roster when he was here. His recruiting classes weren't great, and he ran off half of them. Hoke has had really well ranked recruiting classes, and the players are still on the roster. So a new coach is going to have players to work with. Hoke arrived with a decent senior class but nothing behind them. The new coach will arrive with a decent senior class plus at least a reasonable amount of players. The cupboard isn't bare right now.

Brick

dickrod destroyed the roster so much that hoke won a sugar bowl with his his leftovers the next year, and hoke's teams have gotten worse each year, culminating with now when he has a full roster of his own "better" players?

this is why i don't follow recruiting.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is why I watch the prem and bail at noon for other things

Reactions: bjc