• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
They already play roughly 5 fifs then halftime then 5 mo fifs. 10 tenths. It's basically a quarter type TO every 4 min. Unless they changed it to 5m, I'm not positive. We had 4 min official TOs in D2.

It's still 4 minutes, I believe. 16, 12, 8, and 4 minute marks for official timeouts.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I get that the game is already being stopped for official/tv timeouts and it would transition fairly easily to quarter play.

I like it better that the official/tv timeouts happen on game stoppages, and they arent forced stoppages by a 1st quarter clock expiring.

Bucksin04

The tournament is awesome for the most part, even if the majority of college teams can't run a simple offense or make easy shots. It often makes for ugly, unentertaining basketball. In that respect, the NBA is better, even though the regular season is too long. The NBA also has RUSS, so there is that.

I also think college would benefit from going to quarters (10 or 12 minutes), upping the foul-out to 6 instead of 5, and doing away with the 1-and-1 and possession arrow. 20-minute halves is so outdated and makes the game seem longer than it is.

Go Buddy.

Cosign on all of this.

But my larger point was that it's ludicrous to point to a team turning the ball over four times in 44 seconds and blowing a 12 point lead as proof that its better than professional basketball. Exciting? Sure. But I don't see how that's "better". If we're going to cherry pick, Game 6 of the 2013 Finals was just as crazy as last night on a much, much bigger stage.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I get that the game is already being stopped for official/tv timeouts and it would transition fairly easily to quarter play.

I like it better that the official/tv timeouts happen on game stoppages, and they arent forced stoppages by a 1st quarter clock expiring.

I'm on your side, it wasn't clear but we already have the quarter stoppages and then some. We have 4 media TOs and then the Corch TOs. Doesn't need to be longer, court could be bigger though. That would be absolutely terrible for players running preseason sprints, but it would give more room to work.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I'm definitely for a literal jump ball instead of the possession arrow bullshit, and I'd consider the ball advancing to half court when a timeout is called. Quarters would take some getting used to.

I don't think the 5 fouls would be a problem if the refs didn't call dumb fucking fouls all the time.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Best part about UNI-A&M last night was at the end of the first OT. Jesperson, the guy who banked in the half court shot to beat Texas tries to recreate that moment except there's 3.5 seconds left and he could've easily pulled up for a realistic 3 or maybe even get to the basket. Just missed it so badly and there was still time left after it bounced off the backboard. I was in tears from laughing so hard at that. And I knew UNI was fucked from that point.

Bucksin04

Women's college basketball moved to quarters this year without an iss...OK I have no idea what effect it had on games, but there is at least a precedent for college games being quarters rather than halves.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Women's college basketball moved to quarters this year without an iss...OK I have no idea what effect it had on games, but there is at least a precedent for college games being quarters rather than halves.

yeah, and i'm pretty sure the men's game is the only level still playing halves now

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Best part about UNI-A&M last night was at the end of the first OT. Jesperson, the guy who banked in the half court shot to beat Texas tries to recreate that moment except there's 3.5 seconds left and he could've easily pulled up for a realistic 3 or maybe even get to the basket. Just missed it so badly and there was still time left after it bounced off the backboard. I was in tears from laughing so hard at that. And I knew UNI was fucked from that point.
He shot it so early A&M got the rebound and shot their own full court buzzer beater.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I'm definitely for a literal jump ball instead of the possession arrow bullshit, and I'd consider the ball advancing to half court when a timeout is called. Quarters would take some getting used to.

I don't think the 5 fouls would be a problem if the refs didn't call dumb fucking fouls all the time.
This

We had a vote to see if we wanted to advance the ball after a timeout in late game situations. I think it got shot down

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
ACC > everyone in basketball. But the Big 12 is no slouch, recent tourney performances notwithstanding. Will be interesting to see if he can take the perennial doormat and make them competitive.
Risky move but I admire his balls. I think he had definitely hit his ceiling at Pitt.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Went to the regional in Des Moines, had a blast. Only sat in our shitty seats for the IU-UK game, spent most of them in the lower section. Best seats were about 10 rows behind the bench during the KU-UConn game.

pzaKaJ9.jpg

We shut bars down Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. Also ate late night slices of pizza on the way back to the hotel. I'm too old for that shit, and still feel like I'm dragging ass today.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, this was a huge get for OSU. Corching stable in the Big 12-2 now:

Bill Self
Tubby Smith
Lon Kruger
Bruce Weber
Bob Huggins
Shaka Smart
Steve Prohm
Scott Drew
Jamie Dixon
Brad Underwood

pretty stout

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Lon Kruger was such a great hire for OU.

As long as he doesn't get OU in trouble with the NCAA like Sampson and Capel did, he's cool in my book. He's about to have most likely the consensus national POTY on top of back-to-back Sweet 16s, plus another pretty good recruiting class coming in. Can't really ask for much more at a footbaw school like OU.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing

Gottfried is definitely losing everybody now. I was aware of his flaws and figured he would never "take us to the next level", but there's a transfer every off-season, and usually it's a playing time thing, but the Martins played plenty.

That's 8 scholarship players now, he desperately needs to get some late commitments for the fall. If he doesn't, I don't see how it's a tournament team even with Dennis Smith. I think it's possible he would get another year after that, but certainly feels like the program is imploding on itself once again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It would be fun to watch OU beat Duke but then I'd have to watch Duke again and OU would probably lose anyway. I'm Duckpants for this one. That Allen kid makes me nauseous. Plus OU-UO would be a lot more fun to watch.

CJ_24

These games are disappoint. There's good ball being played, but not enough by both teams--in both games.

Brick

Duke is a 2 person team. No clue how they got this far. Thornton is such a spaz with the ball. Kennard is a tool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Who was the fucker calling the game with lundquist?

He kept sounding like duke was one play away from turning shit around when they were consistently down 11-13.

Brick

Would rather almost lose to Duke than Oklahoma tho. They fit in the Tennessee and Nebraska realm of worst fans. Leggggo

Soonerfan09

Would rather almost lose to Duke than Oklahoma tho. They fit in the Tennessee and Nebraska realm of worst fans. Leggggo

Lol, Oregon fans.

Will say, while I think there were more Duke fans there of the 4 teams, Oregon was easily the loudest, and it wasn't even close.