• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

NML

Morris definitely had higher upside than Wondo - he had 14 goals and five assists as a 21 year old (winning rookie of the year), then despite a sophomore slump in MLS, scored the GC winning goal last summer.

I don’t disagree that he’s limited, but Wondo is a poor comparison. Morris would be in the top four or so of our current forward pool (pre injury). More like Charlie Davies - hopefully he recovers better

NML

I don’t think Davies was so skilled that I’d say Morris is “less.” He was pretty limited too.

As for the GC expansion, it’s probably good for the US since they’ll have an easier group stage matchup, and it’s already a three round knockout tournament anyways.

And it looks like we will have “meaningful” games starting in September. The CONCACAF League will have prelim matches in September, October, November, and March to determine who’s in what league and who qualifies for the GC

Snorky's Shame

Turning DC United from an MLS dynasty to a laughing stock in 2000 should have been a clue that this guy has no idea what he’s doing.

NML

Rongen is a complete clown. I shared a story earlier about what a joke he was as the U20 coach. He butchered the Subotic situation. To my knowledge, his only accomplishments are piggy backing on the Rowdies and then Arena in DC

NML

Hey we play tonight!

People I want to see: Weah, Antonee Robinson, Weston McKennie, Novakovich, Saief

Who I’ll unfortunately see: Hamid, Lichaj, Nagbe :vomit:

NML

giphy-downsized-large.gif

NML

Steffen, Miazga, CCV, and Adams all have looked the part when I’ve seen them. Can’t believe McKennie isn’t playing at all, must be hurt.

Fucking 28 year old Nagbe is still around somehow

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Why does our attack look competent

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Someone is going to have to get rugby tackled for this ref to stop play lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wood hasn't scored for his club team since August. Why is he on the roster?

NML

Novakovich with the classic Turkeys “no angle shot when a lay off pass is a tap in” there at the end

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The US called up/played a 21-year old in the Eerste Divisie? Woof.

He actually looked pretty good, until he failed to roll a ball by the keeper or chip a cross over for a tap in. He's pretty fast for a tall guy.

Snorky's Shame

United States, Mexico, China, Japan and Qatar invited to Copa America 2019. “A” team will go to the Gold Cup while the “B” team will go to Brazil.

One more team will be invited to the 16 team tournament. Probably Portugal, Spain or Wakanda.

NML

I think it’s Charlie Davies. 2007 U20 World Cup

My only concern with bio banding is the maturity level. On a U14 team, are you going to have 12 and 16 year olds? They are on such differently levels of their emotional development. You’ve got kids thinking about college playing with kids who are in middle school

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Wonder what happens to Lynden Gooch with Sunderland being relegated. Definitely too good for League 1. Think Antonee Robinson starts getting into the mix for 2022 qualification? Supposedly he was pretty good for Bolton (on loan) down to stretch to keep them in the Championship, and he will probably end up better than whatever 26 year old Santos Laguna lifer we have at LB.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
This callup for Bolivia is also TTUfap.gif

GOALKEEPERS (3): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 5/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0)
DEFENDERS (8): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG; 2/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 14/1), Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG; 5/1), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United/ENG; 0/0), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City/ENG; 0/0), Antonee Robinson (Everton/ENG; 0/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 16/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 2/0)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Joe Corona (Club Tijuana/MEX; 20/3), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 3/0), Julian Green (Stuttgart/GER; 8/3), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana/MEX; 0/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 1/1), Keaton Parks (Benfica/POR; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 20/9), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana/MEX; 5/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 1/0)
FORWARDS (2): Andrija Novakovich (Reading/ENG; 1/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 0/0)

It's debatable any of them ever play for their teams, but that EPL backline of Robinson-CCV-Mizaga-Olosunde looks cool on paper. EPB is good as well but zero chance he ever sees the field for City

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Do they really list caps AND goals for keepers? hahaha

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I pulled that text from reddit because the official announcement was naturally spread out over 4 tweeted images, but yeah

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Should be an interesting game tonight

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Bono; Lichaj, Zimmerman, Palmer-Brown, Robinson; McKennie; Weah, Corona, Pulisic, Rubin; Sargent.

Subs: Hamid, Olosunde, Miazga, Carter-Vickers, Novakovich, Green, Villafaña, Gooch, Parks.

Rubin as a LM? Jesus. Two more European matches after this. Pulisic in middle is very interesting.

NML

Average age of the midfield is 20.6. Swap out Tyler Adams for Corona and it’d be 19. Got a ton of great young talent there, more than ever.

Bono starting is weird. I don’t rate him and he’s basically just the starting keeper for the best team in MLS.

I can only assume Zimmerman is starting because he’s not going on the European friendlies, where Miazga and CCV will start.

So pumped to see Sargent. I was extremely impressed with him last year but haven’t seen him since.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can't stand strong and holden but not sure I can deal With Balboa's AP Spanish accent

doh

I can't stand strong and holden but not sure I can deal With Balboa's AP Spanish accent
Strong and Holden blow. Thank god TNT got Champions League or we would've been forced to hear them call every big match the next 8 years.

doh

Bono starting is weird. I don’t rate him and he’s basically just the starting keeper for the best team in MLS.
Who else is there? He's pretty good, Toronto played Friday vs. most MLS teams played on Saturday and I don't really think there's a huge difference between him and other MLS similar age group goalkeepers.