• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Beaux Pelini to Wisky. DONE DEAL @goblue96

The entire state of Nebraska is on suicide watch. October 10 very well could be the end of world of Nebraska futbol.

Nebraska hires a coach who runs the fly sweep in order to get Oregon State to hire Wisconsin's coach in order to get Wisconsin to hire Bo Pelini who can't defend the fly sweep. Maybe Shawn Eichorst is the smartest ginger on earth.

Or maybe he's just a regular ginger that doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. :dunno:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Well if that happens, Bo Pelini to Pitt would be really interesting. Doubt it happens because Steve Pederson is the AD there but right down the road from Youngstown, already has an in on the recruiting in that region. He'd be a hell of a fit there.

Still going to hold out hope that Pelini goes to Wisconsin just because part of me wants to see the world burn and Nebraska fans would spontaneously combust.

Chase

Pitt is the most apathetic college football program/fan base in a power 5 conference. If Chryst accepts the Wiscy job (which he would be a moron not to), a typical Pitt retread hire would be Paul Rhoads.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Hot damn, now I dunno who I want and where. Beaux in Wisky would complete the holy trinity/circle jerk. Like I said, October 10 would be a very interesting day in Lincoln (Wisky comes knocking). Ooooh the story lines.

the Pitt story line to would be fun. Two of the 3 clowns that gashed Nebraska futbol for wat it is in Beaux and Pederdick combining God like minds in a moderate cess pool. I wonder if 9 wins would be too mediocre for Pederdick?

R2D2

I wonder why the young Matt Campbell of Toledo hasn't been considered for a bigger job. 25-13 in four years at Toledo. Maybe Pitt will look at him.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Pitt is the most apathetic college football program/fan base in a power 5 conference. If Chryst accepts the Wiscy job (which he would be a moron not to), a typical Pitt retread hire would be Paul Rhoads.

Rhoads is a good corch, but Iowa State is probably the toughest job to succeed at in D-1. They're the little brother in an already small state.

Rhoads is a good corch, but Iowa State is probably the toughest job to succeed at in D-1. They're the little brother in an already small state.

Definitely one of the toughest "Power 5" jobs (along with WSU, Wake Forest, Vandy, and maybe Northwestern). I don't think you can say it is the toughest in FBS though because Eastern Michigan (and Buffalo, Miami of Ohio, New Mexico State, etc.).

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I am the only one that's meh on Chryst? He hasn't done anything at Pitt. Granted, it's Pitt, but Wisconsin also didn't drop off a cliff when he left. Jury is still out on him as a head corch in my book. Definite downgrade from Anderson, and likely a downgrade from Pelini.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I am the only one that's meh on Chryst? He hasn't done anything at Pitt. Granted, it's Pitt, but Wisconsin also didn't drop off a cliff when he left. Jury is still out on him as a head corch in my book. Definite downgrade from Anderson, and likely a downgrade from Pelini.
I concur with the assessment

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Definitely one of the toughest "Power 5" jobs (along with WSU, Wake Forest, Vandy, and maybe Northwestern). I don't think you can say it is the toughest in FBS though because Eastern Michigan (and Buffalo, Miami of Ohio, New Mexico State, etc.).

Yeah, I didn't think about those kind of programs. P5 for sure, though.

coogrfan

Joseph Duarte
@Joseph_Duarte

Source: Former Florida head coach Will Muschamp has interviewed with University of Houston officials about vacant head coaching job

:Straight-Face: ... :thinking:... :scared:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/12/will-muschamp-houston-cougars-interview

"According to SI.com's Thayer Evans, TCU offensive coordinator Doug Meachem (Houston's offensive coordinator in 2013), Texas A&M running backs coach Clarence McKinney, Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman, Bowling Green head coach Dino Babers, Texas A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital and New York Jets assistant Thomas McGaughey have also all been linked to the Cougars' search."

Renegade

Charge on!
If Muschamp has learned his lesson OCs/not trying to change the offense a team is built for, could be a great hire for UH. He'll recruit, and you'll play better defense. He just needs to bring in an Air Raid guy and stick with it though.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Multiple offenses in college suck. No way you get enough time or have players with developed enough football IQ to play multiple schemes.

coogrfan

If Muschamp has learned his lesson OCs/not trying to change the offense a team is built for, could be a great hire for UH. He'll recruit, and you'll play better defense. He just needs to bring in an Air Raid guy and stick with it though.

Muschamp found a way to lose to Georgia Southern despite having a roster full of SEC level recruits. To think he's going to get better results with the 2-3 star level players available to UH is wishful thinking.

This can't be happening. I'm going to wake up any second now, I just know it.

Wooly

Muschamp found a way to lose to Georgia Southern despite having a roster full of SEC level recruits. To think he's going to get better results with the 2-3 star level players available to UH is wishful thinking.

This can't be happening. I'm going to wake up any second now, I just know it.

Joseph Duarte
@Joseph_Duarte

Source: Former Florida head coach Will Muschamp has interviewed with University of Houston officials about vacant head coaching job

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/12/will-muschamp-houston-cougars-interview

"According to SI.com's Thayer Evans, TCU offensive coordinator Doug Meachem (Houston's offensive coordinator in 2013), Texas A&M running backs coach Clarence McKinney, Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman, Bowling Green head coach Dino Babers, Texas A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital and New York Jets assistant Thomas McGaughey have also all been linked to the Cougars' search."

They should hire Babers or Baylor's OC and get on with it.

Craig7835

Joseph Duarte
@Joseph_Duarte

Meachem is a good fit for them

coogrfan

Meachem would be awesome for Houston. Already runs the air raid.

I'm not sure if he is a viable candidate, there has been some talk here that his departure for TCU last year may have been less than amicable.

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
Fuuuuuuu was really holding out Fisher offered him DC at FSU. Oh well back to Charles Kelly and not being prepared every single game in the 1st qtr.

PSUEagle

Fuuuuuuu was really holding out Fisher offered him DC at FSU. Oh well back to Charles Kelly and not being prepared every single game in the 1st qtr.

Was that based more on fantasy or was there legit scuttlebutt?

From what I've seen of Fisher over the last few years, he seems to be pretty loyal to his assistant coaches (certainly more so than Saban). He'll probably rationalize the slippage of FSU's defense this season to all of the NFL defections/youth playing and give Kelly another year. If they're still in the 40's next year though...

Lightningwar

Administrator
It was fantasy based on Muschamps and Fisher being really close friends off the field. They own a vacation house together. And their familes spend a lot of time in the Summers together.

I think there can be something said about the amount of talent this team has lost to the NFL. And yes this defense is really young. I dont think there is a single Senior starting. And a lot of 2nd year sophs, redshirt freshman, and true freshman are playing. But I would buy into that if every game didn't start off with us looking completely clueless. When guys are wide open down field, or players are way out of position. That is a scheming and preparation issue.

mcnoles

I wonder which first school will be one who pay an assistant coach 2 million per year.

Last edited:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
His buy out was negotiated.

His buyout was written into his contract, like all buyouts for termination without cause are.

For Muschamp, the buyout for termination without cause is $2M/year for the remaining three years of his contract plus the prorated amount for the rest of this month and the month of January 2018. That's what got him to a little over $6.3M, paid over 5 installments, the first of which comes next month and is 50% of his buyout. The remaining 4 installments are 12.5% paid annually on the effective date of his firing. No mitigation clause exists anywhere in the contract. I have no idea how there are still college programs agreeing to contracts without a mitigation clause in it.

Compare that with Bo Pelini's contract, which not only has a mitigation clause but requires Pelini to mitigate the damages. He has to find a job in order to continue receiving his buyout, which is $150K/month for the duration of his contract, less the base monthly salary at his next job. If Bo Pelini had gotten the same salary Will Muschamp is getting at Auburn, Nebraska would barely owe him anything.

Will Muschamp has an amazing agent to get a contract that coach friendly. Better than Charlie Weis' agent and that's saying something.