• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 10 Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Presented by nobody.

Top 25 matchups on tap this week:
  • Florida State - Clemson (3:30 ABC) is probably the last big test for Clemson
  • TCU - Oklahoma State (3:30 Fox) is a knock out game for the college football playoff, because do you really think a one loss Big 12 team will make it over an SEC team?
  • LSU - Alabama (8 CBS) is a game that probably doesn't matter if Alabama wins, might knock Alabama out if they lose.

Some other interesting games:
  • Duke - North Carolina (Noon ESPN2) is interesting if you care about the ACC title race. So, not really interesting.
  • Iowa - Indiana (3:30 ESPN) could be the game where Indiana finally beats a decent team, like they've been threatening to do all year long, but it will probably disappoint.
  • Navy - Memphis (7 ESPN2) are both 4-0 in the AAC. If you're a school like Maryland, you've gotta take a look at Ken N, right?

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Cowboys are undefeated when outscoring their opponents. I think that streak continues Saturday afternoon. Go Cowboys! I might make it to that game, got a free ticket.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Cowboys are undefeated when outscoring their opponents. I think that streak continues Saturday afternoon. Go Cowboys! I might make it to that game, got a free ticket.

This game is flying under the radar. Two undefeated teams that should be top 10.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't get how Oklahoma State is undefeated and still ranked 12th. I mean, I know why it's the case, but do you really think Florida, Iowa, or MSU are better than Oklahoma State?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't get how Oklahoma State is undefeated and still ranked 12th. I mean, I know why it's the case, but do you really think Florida, Iowa, or MSU are better than Oklahoma State?

I don't know if you've noticed, but the pollsters are generally retarded.

Bdub

Utah better watch out. Seattle at night and the Huskies are playing well. Think low scoring and team who doesn't turn the ball over wins.
Utah will probably lose. Washington is really starting to get hot, Utah not so much.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
You can't lose in the Big 12 and still win.
But can the refs help out our paper tiger d?
This game is flying under the radar. Two undefeated teams that should be top 10.
Absolutely. I don't think many people believe OSU is legit because we were 6-6 last year, but here we are. The team is legit if you ask me, regardless of how close some of these games have been.
Because we were 6-6 last year and began the year unranked, plus the fact we've not really been impressive in our wins. However, we do boast a top ten scoring offense (that seems to be coming together) and an exceptional defense by Big 12 standards.

"But they gave up 46 offensive points to Texas Tech!!!"

Sure, yeah, but there's more to it than that (there always is). You can look at yards per play, yards allowed, whatever. The fact is we played a horrible first half: the worst since allowing KSU to score 28 in the first half. This team makes some great second half adjustments defensively, allowing 10 points per game in the second half, including a second half shutout of UT, holding KSU to 6 points in the second half, and holding Texas Tech to 15 points in the second half (with a third quarter shutout). The second half score was 42-15 in favor of Oklahoma State, which is pretty impressive.

While 15 is still a lot, especially for a single quarter with a defense I've claimed to be "exceptional" or "elite," that's still pretty impressive considering we were without our two best corners, our best linebacker, and one of the Big 12's best defensive ends. With a two score lead late in the fourth, a bunch of crucial players missing, and the game seemingly in hand, we went into a conservative approach on defense. Of course you want to stop the opp but making them drive the length of the field and chewing up clock is acceptable all things considered.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game:

It sounds as if we'll have Kevin Peterson, Ashton Lampkin (both corners) and Jimmy Bean (DE opposite Ogbah having a good season) all back for this one which is important. This will be the best defense TCU has faced all season, especially when it comes to pass rushing, rush defense, and team speed. Boykin, Doctson, Listenbee, Turpin, and Green will all make plays, but the key is limiting those plays and keeping Boykin in the pocket, and our own offensive success.

I'm expecting a great game. Something like 38-28 wouldn't surprise me going either way, but I'm going to homer and say we beat them by two or three scores, assuming our defensive starters are all good to go.

If we win: watch out. In my opinion, the TCU game is our biggest obstacle. Baylor is going to be playing a true freshman QB on the road in what would probably be a night game should both teams be undefeated. OU has looked better against inferior opponents, but are their issues really solved? There's a lot to find out about these four teams over the next couple of weeks.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
BYU plays at San Jose State this weekend. Even though it's a sure loss for my Cougs, my wife grew up attending SJSU games with her family (so she's not a bandwagon fan who came on when they became dominant). And her birthday is Sunday. So we're going to Provo to attend the taping of the pre- and post-game shows for BYUtv. They'll then show the game on a big screen with pizza and cookies at halftime. Given that kickoff in Utah is at 9:30, I don't think I'll get home until about 1:30 the next morning.

At first I was amazed no one had talked about this game yet. Then I remember no one talks about obvious blowouts. It's gonna get ugly for my Cougs, I'm afraid.

:(

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
big 12-2-2+2 is going to be fun to watch this month. OU prolly gonna lose out after iowa state but the TCU-Baylor-OSU round robin should be bananas.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
We play TTU, so we'll have to outscore them on O. Ill be there getting drunk to mask the pain.

Oh wait, we only put up 10 points on a team missing 8 defensive starters last week.

10838416823_5140d9a227_m.jpg

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
When you go 211-1 in your last 212 regular season games, you can do shit like this at practice.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Tough loss for Toledo as that's now 6 in a row to NIU.

PJ Fleck's Boat Rowers now control their own destiny with regards to the MAC West division race.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Sounds like Jimmy Bean, DE, may have torn his ACL. Just a rumor from some asshole on twitter but there might be merit to it.

Fuck. At least we have capable guys behind him. That's two experienced seniors (potentially) lost this season.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
App State taking on Arkansas State tonight in a battle of the two remaining undefeated Sun Belt teams. I'm sure the Boone locals are loving these Thursday night games.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Baylor reminds me of Oregon last year. Ridiculous offense, horrible defense. Against their pathetic schedule they are ranked 55th in total defense.

nofx94

Yes, I do think Michigan State and maybe Iowa and possibly Florida are better than Oklahoma State. And because I want TCU to win, they probably won't. Boykin will just throw another 400 yard game that goes undiscussed.

I want LSU to win but I'm afraid the Tide will roll.

I want Clemson to win but it's been a while since they've gotten the better of the Noles.

Was that a joke about Maryland hiring Navy's coach? Like Ken N instead of Justin F? Not that I wouldn't like to see another triple option squad in a major conference, I'm just genuinely uncertain. Lol

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Baylor reminds me of Oregon last year. Ridiculous offense, horrible defense. Against their pathetic schedule they are ranked 55th in total defense.

Wat.

Baylor is holding their opposition to 62 YPG under their season averages. Better than Ole Miss, Virginia Tech, Texas, Kansas State, and in the same range as Stanford...all teams that are known for above average defenses.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/NOV15/DBNov04.html

-YTC

Brick

so DAK getting no recognition this year after the heisman hype machine last season. dude has an 18/1 ratio, improved in almost every category, has rushed for 418 yards. has MSU at 7-2.

bruin

Palmer mentioned late in the game he should be back in the race. Unless Fournette has back to back 50 yard games or something, is there really comp?

I mean, reely how isn't Corey Coleman the front runner?

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Coleman's numbers are ridiculous

I think he set Baylor's single season receiving touchdown record in their 6th game...

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Coleman has a good shot to break Troy Edwards' single season TD record. Except they'll be playing actual teams now so probably not.

Brick

not saying DAK should be in the heisman race, i don't really care about the awards, but he hasn't been brought up much this year. he is their leading rusher by 200 yards and isn't getting a ton of help. dude is a great college QB.

bruin

yeah he's not good.

it's friday night cfb, but funny how much a downgrade it went to from Carter Blackburn/Kanell to Flemming/Mack.