• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 11 - The Civil ConFLiCT

bruin

Yeah, especially when a B1G team doesn’t make the playoff.

Bummer really. 4 is perfect.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I still don’t understand the love for fewer teams being included. It’s pretty obvious the playoff didn’t diminish the importance of going undefeated like some feared. In my opinion it’s made college football more enjoyable to watch in some respects. 6-8 teams would be ideal to me, to me.

Obviously some teams get the benefit of the doubt, like OU or Ohio State, Clemson etc. But to me that is more reason to expand to me, because then more deserving teams still get a shot to make it in.

Whatever, can we just abolish the use of resume in cfb?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I still don’t understand the love for fewer teams being included. It’s pretty obvious the playoff didn’t diminish the importance of going undefeated like some feared. In my opinion it’s made college football more enjoyable to watch in some respects. 6-8 teams would be ideal to me, to me.

Obviously some teams get the benefit of the doubt, like OU or Ohio State, Clemson etc. But to me that is more reason to expand to me, because then more deserving teams still get a shot to make it in.

Whatever, can we just abolish the use of resume in cfb?
I agree. There are 128 or so teams in FBS right now, and if you want to put 8 in a playoff it's fine with me. It's not like it is 1988 and 16 teams are making the playoffs in a 21 team NHL.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Eh Clemson has the 3rd ranked schedule on Sagarin. I hate defending those douchebags. But Clemson is right where they should be.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Don't care. Wait until the games are played and the final rankings are in, then bitch. The committee has no problem changing the rankings up in the final week. Ask TCU and Baylor.

coogrfan

Don't care. Wait until the games are played and the final rankings are in, then bitch. The committee has no problem changing the rankings up in the final week. Ask TCU and Baylor.

So you're cool with the committee playing a shell game with these rankings in order to make ESPN happy? Fuck that.

coogrfan

As long as there's a human element the process will always be fucked up.

As long as the human element consists of people who have a direct financial interest in seeing certain schools/conferences succeed, the system will always be even more fucked up than what we had before.

Soonerfan09

Wouldn't a duck hunt be bad in this instance?
Not necessarily.

hunt
hənt/
verb
gerund or present participle: hunting

1. pursue and kill (a wild animal) for sport or food.
    "in the autumn they hunted deer"
    • (of an animal) chase and kill (its prey).
      "mice are hunted by weasels and foxes"

2. search determinedly for someone or something.
    "he desperately hunted for a new job"
    • (of the police) search for (a criminal).
      "the gang is being hunted by police"
    • pursue and capture someone.

3. technical
    (of a device or system) oscillate around a desired speed, position, or state.
    • (of an aircraft or rocket) oscillate around a mean flight path.
    • (of an automatic transmission in a motor vehicle) keep shifting between gears because of improperly designed shift logic.

4. BELL-RINGING
    (in change-ringing) move the place of a bell in a simple progression.

Dude is a clown, but Oregon does have a top five class right now.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Rutgers got points!

16134010-mmmain.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ohio State is murdering Michigan State. About to be 28-0 with 10 minutes left in the first half.

Wolfman21

BC dominating this game if they just give it to Dillon every down

Weve got the dumbest head coach in all of college football. Havent made a field goal over 25 yds in forever and hes trotted bambard out for a 53 yarder and a 36 yarder

Wolfman21

They are who we thought they were

Everyone was so pumped after beating fsu and louisville and those might be the 2 worst teams on our schedule...lol. what a fucking sham this season is. 6-1 and will prolly end up 7-5 if we are lucky