• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Presented by FALK

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I was entertained for sure. I think there were more points and yards in that game than Tennessee had all year.

I'm just saying I can remember watching better games this season.

CJ_24

Why doesn't UCF deserve a spot in the playoffs? Because they did not play in a conference where they would play powerhouse teams like Rutgers, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kansas or Oregon State?

Wolfman21

Why doesn't UCF deserve a spot in the playoffs? Because they did not play in a conference where they would play powerhouse teams like Rutgers, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kansas or Oregon State?

Sure, take the bottom teams out of each conference. Theyd be a 4 loss team playing in a good conference

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Don't forget Baylor. And none of those teams are in the same conference, unlike Tulsa, Cincinnati, UConn and ECU

CJ_24

Sure, take the bottom teams out of each conference. Theyd be a 4 loss team playing in a good conference

How do you know that?

Don't forget Baylor. And none of those teams are in the same conference, unlike Tulsa, Cincinnati, UConn and ECU

Do you have evidence that proves that those three teams are so significantly worse than Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Vanderbilt that UCF should (potentially) be omitted from the playoff in favor of a 2 Loss SEC team?

The circular conclusions that "(Non-power 6 team) does not deserve to go to the playoffs because they're not as good as a power 6 team because they're not a power 6 team" is such a pedantic trope.

Brick

Or Pitt or Syracuse.

CJ_24

Most seem to agree that if Miami beats Clemson, Miami will go to the playoffs. I've watched a solid amount of Miami footbaw this season, and I feel comfortable saying that UCF is a better team than Miami. Certainly a much better offense.

Brick

They still have to beat Memphis. But if they do, I think they should be in. Get those ACC teams the fuck out of there. Syracuse lost to Middle Tennessee State. Youngstown State took Pitt to OT. No team that loses to either of those two should sniff the national title.

Wolfman21

Most seem to agree that if Miami beats Clemson, Miami will go to the playoffs. I've watched a solid amount of Miami footbaw this season, and I feel comfortable saying that UCF is a better team than Miami. Certainly a much better offense.

Playing a bunch of scrub teams every week must be real tough on UCF. Theyd be a wake forest in the acc. Remind me alot of wake actually.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Since I got nothing due to FSU stinking up the joint this year.

23795088_1465101400275830_6860990650552896994_n.jpg

Brick

Playing a bunch of scrub teams every week must be real tough on UCF. Theyd be a wake forest in the acc. Remind me alot of wake actually.
Actually it is really rough. Go back this decade and list the teams that went into bowl season undefeated.

CJ_24

Your premise assumes that every team in the ACC (or SEC, B1G, etc.) is significantly better than every team in the AAC. How do you know that is so? Because 'crootin'? I think that method is a false positive for any number of factors. Or shall we cross-compare results, because Missouri kicked the shit out of Florida the same way they kicked the shit out of Tulsa, and Missouri isn't that good. So, based on that logic Florida = Tulsa.

How can you be so certain that UCF would not go 10-1 against Miami's schedule, or 9-2 against Auburn's? I don't know whether they would or not, and there is only one legitimate way to find out. Meanwhile, the arguments that are so certain that UCF is not good enough are based on logic that does not seem to withstand scrutiny.

Didn't we play this game with Boise State and Utah some time ago? And didn't they go into multiple bowl games and beat power 6 teams? So, why do we continue to make these assumptions?

Wolfman21

If we were in the AC C, we'd recruit ACC talent. So tired of this shit like we have much choice in our conference.

No, you dont. Maybe schedule a big boy in the OOC schedule though. Then when you go 11-0 people wont look at you as a borderline top 15 team. Maryland aint cuttin it

Wolfman21

A lot more than the mythical record you've prescribed to UCF if they were in another conference.

Lol, thats just a guesstimate.

An undefeated AAC team does not deserve to be in the final 4 over 1 loss teams from power conferences. UNLESS they schedule a legit power team in OOC and beat them, then run the table in their conference.

Brick

Lol, thats just a guesstimate.

An undefeated AAC team does not deserve to be in the final 4 over 1 loss teams from power conferences. UNLESS they schedule a legit power team in OOC and beat them, then run the table in their conference.
All undefeated teams deserve to play in the title game because it's extremely difficult no matter what your schedule looks like. This is why 3 of the teams that are apparently clearly better than UCF lost to Iowa State at home, Pitt, and mother fucking Syracuse.