• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Presented by FALK

Wolfman21

All undefeated teams deserve to play in the title game because it's extremely difficult no matter what your schedule looks like. This is why 3 of the teams that are apparently clearly better than UCF lost to Iowa State at home, Pitt, and mother fucking Syracuse.

Playing power conference level talent week in and week out is alot tougher than getting SMU, Uconn, Temple, ECU, etc

CJ_24

Lol, thats just a guesstimate.

An undefeated AAC team does not deserve to be in the final 4 over 1 loss teams from power conferences. UNLESS they schedule a legit power team in OOC and beat them, then run the table in their conference.

You still haven't answered my first question. How do you know that AAC is significantly worse than a Power 6 conference, so that an undefeated AAC team is less deserving than a Power 6 team with one or two losses?

Your answer will be: the power 6 teams have more talent. And my question is: How do you know that? What proof do you have that UCF would be Wake Forest if UCF played an ACC schedule?

Brick

Teams that have finished their pre-bowl schedules undefeated this decade:

2016: Alabama
2015: Clemson
2014: Florida State
2013: Florida State
2012: Notre Dame
2011: LSU
2010: Auburn, Oregon, TCU

That barely fills two playoff brackets. Good thing they are keeping those pesky mid-majors out of the playoffs because it looks so easy for them to go undefeated any given year!

So what there are 120 FBS teams on average participating in any of those seasons or something. So approximately *.008%* of teams have finished their schedules undefeated.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah but they do deserve to beat the Buckeyes in the Cotton Bowl or the Bulldogs in the Peach

They gave up as many points to USF as San Jose State did. More than Stony Brook, Cincy, Tulane, Houston, UConn, and Tulsa.

They would get trashed by anyone in the top 10. Except Miami, probably.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Miami probably doesn't belong in the top 10 either, but they are just 2014 FSU that lost a couple games early

Brick

Borck with the horrible “if you’re undefeated, you must be good” take again. That 2014 FSU team sucked and took away a spot from a better TCU or Baylor team.
I'm not arguing they must be good. I'm arguing they had the best season so they should be rewarded for it and given a chance over any team that lost to a shitty team. It's incredibly rare to go undefeated. What is the worst case scenario? They get crushed like tOSU did last year? So?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Split up FBS. Been saying it for years. Boise State from last decade proved that no matter how good a season you have, you're never within realistic distance to a BCS game/playoff berth.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Borck with the horrible “if you’re undefeated, you must be good” take again. That 2014 FSU team sucked and took away a spot from a better TCU or Baylor team.
giphy.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm not arguing they must be good. I'm arguing they had the best season so they should be rewarded for it and given a chance over any team that lost to a shitty team. It's incredibly rare to go undefeated. What is the worst case scenario? They get crushed like tOSU did last year? So?

I have no interest in watching UCF get assraped by Alabama. Give it to someone who will actually put up a fight.

UCF has far more in common with 2007 Hawaii than the Boise, TCU, or Utah teams.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It's almost like every game isn't played in a vacuum under the exact same circumstances.

Did USF pull their starters in any of those games? No? Okay

They’ve been a shitty, inconsistent offense all year and UCF made them look like a juggernaut

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
24 points is an impressive offensive output to you in 2017? Especially with a ROBO QB? Lol. Maybe if you’re watching a RECRUITS CLICK offense

Lol at using total offense too. They’re average at yards per play, but they run a million plays a game to make trogs think they have a good offense.

Wolfman21

uh missed this wat? Flowers is one of the best players in the country, they're #12 in total offense, they never scored fewer than 24 points. Such shitty, much inconsistent.

Sure helps playing that shitty competitipn week in and week out

Brick

Minnesota, who ranks 90th in scoring offense, is averaging 24.1 PPG.

Look out for that offensive juggernaut!
Uh I simply said their lowest point total was 24. Oklahoma easily has the best YPP of any team since at least 2008 and they scored 31 in a game this year. So?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I mean, you clearly haven’t watched USF all year if you’re actually arguing their offense has been consistent and impressive

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo.../ucf-usf-2017-war-on-i-4-rivalry-history-name

USF’s 7.17 yards-per-play rate last season was sixth in the nation. This season, that is down to 5.92, 46th nationally. USF is on pace to exceed last year’s number of plays (928 in 13 games), as they’ve already ran 835 in just 10 games. Usually more plays tax defenses. But USF doesn’t have the punch, particularly in the red zone. The Bulls are seventh in red zone attempts, but 87th in scoring percentage there.

Most of USF’s opponents were never going to make that deficiency truly matter; the Bulls’ strength of schedule has been dead last in FBS.

Scoring at least 24 a game on the worst schedule in the country is real impressive, doe

Wooly

No, you dont. Maybe schedule a big boy in the OOC schedule though. Then when you go 11-0 people wont look at you as a borderline top 15 team. Maryland aint cuttin it
"Big boy" teams usually don't want to schedule good Power 6 teams, like UCF. It will not get any easier for UCF to get a game with a good power 5 team after this year either.