• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup Group B (Spain/Netherlands/Chile/Australia)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I want to Spain to come back, just so we don't have a pair of meaningless games on the last day with this group. A Chile-Netherlands game with something other than 1st palce to play for sounds fun to me.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I want to Spain to come back, just so we don't have a pair of meaningless games on the last day with this group. A Chile-Netherlands game with something other than 1st palce to play for sounds fun to me.
They'll both play their best players if it comes down to the final match day. A win would (most likely) means avoiding Brazil in the Round of 16 which si huge.

NML

Yeah you want Brazil on the other side of the bracket, so they will still go all out.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
They'll both play their best players if it comes down to the final match day. A win would (most likely) means avoiding Brazil in the Round of 16 which si huge.

Yeah you want Brazil on the other side of the bracket, so they will still go all out.

Will be funny if Brazil finish second in the group, which is very possible (and really, they would be in second now if not for some ridiculous offside calls).

I see your point, but I'm guessing they'd go at it more if qualification was at stake.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Will be funny if Brazil finish second in the group, which is very possible (and really, they would be in second now if not for some ridiculous offside calls).

I see your point, but I'm guessing they'd go at it more if qualification was at stake.
Group B will play before Group A that day so the teams will have no idea who finishes first so maybe they might give their stars a rest.

If Group A played first and Brazil finished second, I wonder how both teams would approach the match. Would be very interesting to see but instead Group B finishes first for some reason...

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
@NML, @DeadMan and @doh, San Jose State will be fine. They will not die a horrible celebrity death because they aren't celebrity teams like Florida State and Alabama. Period. Relax, the three of you.

Doge.gif

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
In fact, I consider Stanford to be more of a celebrity team than San Jose State. Dionne at me, bros.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
@pavel, M-Town =/= San Jose
That's why I replaced the Spartans with the Magi in my now-retired dynasty. Kick a random also-ran out, bring a perennial title contender in, etc.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Also, what do you clowns care anyway, my main real-life college football team is Hawai'i. Rainbow Warriors uber alles.
:Tongue::Tongue::Tongue:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Would have been better to list Spain players who looked good, actually. Iniesta has had a nice game...

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm talking some solace in the fact that Spain is back to being Spain in tournaments. They'll probably win 6-1 against Australia like in 1998. All we need now is reports of some infighting between the Madrid and Barcelona players.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
In that sense, DeadMan, Hawaii is also a powerhouse program. But I like my Magi to schedule/play my Warriors, not replace them. Hate on, haters. Keep drinking that haterade till that pitcher needs to be replaced with more tears. Go on, chop chop.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Also, if you call SJSU the GOAT, @Orlando and others, fine. I did. And I have no regrets because in my dynasty, Madoka rules. Madoka is greatness. End of story, haters. Suck it. Next.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Come visit my Pony Dynasty, @Karl Hungus. It's up and running. Also, @DeadMan, they do play in the same league/conference, and division, so there's that.
Amazing how this thread has turned into another college football thread. That's why I love this place.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It feels weird watching a good goalkeeping performance after the crap we've had in this tournament. Bravo has been great.