• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Wolfman21

The University of Louisville basketball team will now be able to go back to Kentucky and further perfect their craft:

metselaar44.gif

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
Wish Tennessee would finally win the SEC Tournament for at least once in my lifetime.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Wolfman21

I'd like to just make it TO kentucky. Just when I thought this team had turned a corner and would be competitive, coach k shits in my cornflakes.....again.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I didn't expect to win, but show up for the occasion. But I feel dumb for even considering that as a option. I should know better.

Wolfman21

I'm not sure what's worse. This massacre or the time jj Redick hit about 7 3's in a row to overcome a double digit lead in the 2nd half of the championship game

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
That was definitely worse. We were up 15 with 8 minutes to go. One of the most heartbreaking losses I've had in my State fan career. This team blew dick and conceded early. I'm already over it.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I think I recall Christian Laettner occupying spots 1-5 on a list of "Top Ten most hated Blue Devils players." :laughing:

Meh - I never really hated him. He was Bill Laimbeer without the toughness.

Yeah, Laettner was a "wantabe hard/cheap shot artist."

This part of the Awful Announcing review is another reason why I'll be watching.

As mentioned earlier, I think the one thing that may overshadow the film to some degree is just how much this era of college basketball is missed. With superstars staying mostly for 4 years, it made for amazing television as March Madness was on steroids. We all watched intensely at LeBron’s four years with the Heat either rooting for or against him and that’s really the only thing I can compare Laettner’s time at Duke to. Continuously through out the film, I found myself floored with the amount of big time memorable games he went through and thinking if there is anything close to an equivalent in college basketball today.

Yes, there was the Kentucky shot, but do you remember Laettner’s other tourney buzzer beater which came in OT no less? How about not one, but two Final Four or championship clashes with UNLV? Two showdowns with the Fab 5? Laettner’s Dukies even had two showdowns with Shaq and LSU. Nowadays the majority of us (casual fans) can’t name one or two players on the majority of Top 25 teams. Back then, you knew the stars because they didn’t jump to the NBA after one year so college basketball was more or less bursting at the seams with memorable talented teams with chemistry, personality, battle scars, and rivalries. I can’t bemoan the right for young athletes to make a living if so inclined and the opportunity exists, but for me personally my biggest reason to hate Christian Laettner is that this film unintentionally put a melancholy note on what college basketball has lost.

The 1992 Tournament is a perfect example of this. The final four:

Duke (Bobby Hurley, Laettner, Grant Hill)
Michigan (Fab Five)
Indiana (Calbert Cheaney, Damon Bailey, Alan Henderson)
Cincinnati (Nick Van Exel, Corie Blount, Anthony Buford)

The teams they knocked out in the regional final:

Duke - Kentucky (Jamal Mashburn and a bunch of walk-ons/borderline scholly players)
Indiana - UCLA (Don MacLean, Tracy Murray, Tyus Edney, Ed O'Bannon)
Michigan - Ohio State (Jim Jackson, Lawrence Funderburke, Chris Jent)
Cincinnati - Memphis State (Penny Hardway)

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Funderburke is such a fantastic last name.

Brick

Walton just keeps getting better. I think Pasch this season is finally playing into the shtick and enjoying it. I felt two years ago he got legitimately mad at him. Haha.

Brick

I like this team..HARD WORK WORK group picking up the slack for the dismissed rapists. Solid group of 8.

Carolina Blue

Really wanted another shot at Duke in the ACC Championship, but oh well. F those clowns.

No idea what to expect tonight. Could be the best Pi Day ever.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Yeah, Laettner was a "wantabe hard/cheap shot artist."

This part of the Awful Announcing review is another reason why I'll be watching.

The 1992 Tournament is a perfect example of this. The final four:

Duke (Bobby Hurley, Laettner, Grant Hill)
Michigan (Fab Five)
Indiana (Calbert Cheaney, Damon Bailey, Alan Henderson)
Cincinnati (Nick Van Exel, Corie Blount, Anthony Buford)

The teams they knocked out in the regional final:

Duke - Kentucky (Jamal Mashburn and a bunch of walk-ons/borderline scholly players)
Indiana - UCLA (Don MacLean, Tracy Murray, Tyus Edney, Ed O'Bannon)
Michigan - Ohio State (Jim Jackson, Lawrence Funderburke, Chris Jent)
Cincinnati - Memphis State (Penny Hardway)

Yep. College basketball, once upon a time, was almost as exciting and engrossing as college football. Now it's nearly unwatchable. Outside of the Top 25, the overall level of play is shit. Here, if I turn on some local college game like Cal State Long Beach against UC Irvine, it's like watching mediocre high school basketball.

Brick

god it will be so refreshing. the espn college basketball gameday crew has always been so fucking unbearable. eat a dick rece and jay.

OH THE FIGHTING CORCHES NAMES!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
All other teams bitch ass marks go ud

Brick

walton already calling the refs legends and talking about some kind of ref wesbite. haha

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Fuck off Yale. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on my fucking watch. May you not get selected by the lesser dances you scumbags!

Go Harvard.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear College Insider Tournament, College Basketball Invitational and NIT Selection Committees.:

DO NOT SELECT HAWAII. I REPEAT, DO NOT SELECT HAWAII. That is all.

Signed,

The Hachiko.

P.S. Fuck Irvine and fuck the Big West Conference for another down year of men's hoops. Such a diabolical dumpster of a league.

Bdub

Utah limping into the tournament way off their game. Probably going to get upset in the first round.

Brick

Cauley stein should score 200 points per game in college. Sad caliapri went back to corner the LOVES TO DUNK atholete market as he did in Memphis. Team is boring as fuck to watch

Imconvinced calipari selectively breeded these dudes 20 years ago and had the parents sign contracts

Bring back Anthony Davis and boogie.

Die big ogre mongs die

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Goddammit Dick Vitale just fucking croak already

I concur. Please die Dick Vitale. Stop yelling about simple fucking BB plays. "Willie Caulie Stein with the Dunk BABY!!!"

Yeah he's 7'14, it's really not a big deal that he can dunk.