• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
That was a weird fucking game. They got it done though. State is historically terrible @Clemson so I'll take a win of any sort.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Kentucky can be beat.

No one thought Villanova had a chance against Ewing and Georgetown back in 85 either.

Brick

they gon lose to one of these HARD WORK WORK mid-majors with a bunch of white kid seniors and everyone gonna smarm about Calipari's recruiting methods. watch.

THEY JUST DON'T *EXECUTE* LIKE THESE EXPERIENCED TEAMS DO

one vote for eliminating "execute" and "utlilize" from sports lexicon @DeadMan

bruin

Kentucky would run Gonzaga or Virginia off the floor.

If they're going to lose, it's going to be to a power 5 school in the Elite 8 or something.

Brick

gonzaga, virginia, and nova seem like such shit #2 and #3 #4 teams. at least i think those were their rankings last week. i haven't watched a lot this year, but enough to think there aren't many grade A teams.

i really hate wisconsin but i think they are the team that will be the favorite to take it if UK gets knocked out. they play by the BYU white boys can be as obnoxious as they like and just get called "competitive" rule. fuck those guys.

Brick

You definitely haven't watched much this year
i mean in comparison to kentucky. none of the usual contenders like UNC/louisville/michigan state/kansas/florida state seem to have one of those teams with 3/4 NBA guys on them.

there are not many atholete teams this year. i don't see the atholete column in the kenpom.com rankings.

in the top ten

virginia
villanova
wisky
gonzaga
wichita state
utah

meh. those teams have to UTILIZE EXECUTION in order to pull off strings of wins in the tourney. can't get by by atholetes alone.

now i know how it feels to be one of those hot take ESPN guys. i used to have educated opinions about college basketball. no longer.

Brick

i'm basketball hipster. "analytics" is so 10 years ago.

i was the guy printing out kenpom.com team profile pages in college to make my tourney picks when there wasn't a pay-wall.

go back to ur trog stats, basic bitch media. i am charles barkley.

but like 10 years ago, jay bilas still isn't funny.

bruin

give me Vitale over Bilas. Srsylly. At least Vitale enjoys the game. Bilas complains non stop the whole fucking game. Yes, we know it's a bad product. But come on mang.

SQUARE.

Walton shits all over em.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
25th anniversary of the death of Hank Gathers. Tremendous player on a team that was must see TV. I loved college basketball in the 80's and 90's.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...membering-hank-gathers-25th-anniversary-death

A better article from the Philly Daily News: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/Hank_Gathers.html

That Dobbins Tech HS team was just stacked with six, possibly, eight players playing D1 ball. Simmons, Overton, and Kimble all had a cup of coffee in the NBA too.

The NCAA gave them a nice plush tourney draw too. As an #11 seed, they got to play the first two rounds in Long Beach and then in the regionals in Oakland where they lost to UNLV. Ran defending champ, Michigan off the floor in the second round. Jeff Fryer and Per Stumer hitting threes from everywhere. LMU 149 Michigan 115...in regulation.

All that said, Paul Westhead got a shitty deal from Lakers in the early 80's when Magic ran him off the team because he didn't like the offense even though they just won the NBA title. The guy has his system and it ran against the grain so the mainstream didn't like it. It took the right group of people to run both in the front office and on the floor. I loved it. Much better television than the shitty four corners style of offense which did nothing but bleed clock.

goblue96

give me Vitale over Bilas. Srsylly. At least Vitale enjoys the game. Bilas complains non stop the whole fucking game. Yes, we know it's a bad product. But come on mang.

SQUARE.

Pasch and Walton shit all over em.

Bilas has a punchable face too.

Brick

bilas thinks he's smarter than he really is. he emphasizes every obvious point ad nauseam and acts like it's a novel concept. he is ultimate "IS IT ONLY ME OR...." guy. no, it's not.

if he called footbaw games, i can't imagine what he'd be like explaining replay rules.

a2f9f50b4a02f9094430292888716a57.png

lol it's funny because he's white. get it?

he probably spends all day looking up star wars memes online cause he "so nerdy".

if you made a feature length film just white guys walking/dancing in slow motion to rap music, he'd die of a laughing seizure.

goblue96

bilas thinks he's smarter than he really is. he emphasizes every obvious point ad nauseam and acts like it's a novel concept. he is ultimate "IS IT ONLY ME OR...." guy. no, it's not.

if he called footbaw games, i can't imagine what he'd be like explaining replay rules.

It's that Duke entitlement. Amirite @Wuf

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Bilas also bitches about referees all the damn time. Yes, refs are bad, we get it. It's basically a part of college basketball at this point. You don't need to harp on it for the entire freaking broadcast.

bruin

he tweeted out the N word and ESPN didn't even suspend him

Imagine Jalen Rose saying he's gotta go to work with these crackas/

What's up with that @Reel

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
are there any teams that play like the old Loyola Maramount teams?

would really like to see that in today's game with these athletes

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
i mean in comparison to kentucky. none of the usual contenders like UNC/louisville/michigan state/kansas/florida state seem to have one of those teams with 3/4 NBA guys on them.

there are not many atholete teams this year. i don't see the atholete column in the kenpom.com rankings.

in the top ten

virginia
villanova
wisky
gonzaga
wichita state
utah

meh. those teams have to UTILIZE EXECUTION in order to pull off strings of wins in the tourney. can't get by by atholetes alone.

now i know how it feels to be one of those hot take ESPN guys. i used to have educated opinions about college basketball. no longer.

Virginia is better than you think. They go 8-10 deep and have real athletes in the front court and a heady PG in Perrantes. They score in the 60's because it's their style under Bennett, but they are legit IMO. On your list I also think Wisconsin is legit, but I agree that Gonzaga and the rest are very MEH.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
A better article from the Philly Daily News: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/Hank_Gathers.html

That Dobbins Tech HS team was just stacked with six, possibly, eight players playing D1 ball. Simmons, Overton, and Kimble all had a cup of coffee in the NBA too.

The NCAA gave them a nice plush tourney draw too. As an #11 seed, they got to play the first two rounds in Long Beach and then in the regionals in Oakland where they lost to UNLV. Ran defending champ, Michigan off the floor in the second round. Jeff Fryer and Per Stumer hitting threes from everywhere. LMU 149 Michigan 115...in regulation.

All that said, Paul Westhead got a shitty deal from Lakers in the early 80's when Magic ran him off the team because he didn't like the offense even though they just won the NBA title. The guy has his system and it ran against the grain so the mainstream didn't like it. It took the right group of people to run both in the front office and on the floor. I loved it. Much better television than the shitty four corners style of offense which did nothing but bleed clock.

If you are looking for a good sports book give this a read

3363d8e147a9d0fe638e36be3de766fb_crop_north.jpg

Really fascinating look about the birth of the showtime Lakers (the real "father" of it was Jack McKinney) and the 80's Lakers. As a fan of the era I couldn't put it down.

Westhead was ran off by Magic and Jack Kent Cooke because he started calling more plays and the Lakers ran less than when he first took over as Head Coach. Magic was sulking and wanted to be traded - so they shit canned him and brought in Riles.

Brick

Virginia is better than you think. They go 8-10 deep and have real athletes in the front court and a heady PG in Perrantes. They score in the 60's because it's their style under Bennett, but they are legit IMO. On your list I also think Wisconsin is legit, but I agree that Gonzaga and the rest are very MEH.
not only because of their style. they still aren't 1337 on offense. believe me, i'm very familiar with his teams at wazzu when they played the same style. they had 3/4 guys who could score hisselfs.

Brick

Pasch Walton alert in espn2

"did you see gronk on jimmy Kimmel last night? Jimmy Kimmel is a genius."

bruin

*ESPN blurb shows UCLA on the first 4 out*

Walton: If UCLA continues to play Washington, Washington State and USC, they'll win the championship.
Pasch: .........Arizona up by 14.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Reading some of my posts over the course of this season...lawd I am a fucking headcase. Should be institutionalized.

I'm going to be traveling all day the first Thursday of the NCAA tournament and predisposed with wedding shit the rest of the weekend. Didn't realize this until today and now I am very upset. Sent an angry text to the groom.

Gonna have to take off Thursday next week for the ACC Quarterfinals at this rate.

goblue96

Reading some of my posts over the course of this season...lawd I am a fucking headcase. Should be institutionalized.

I'm going to be traveling all day the first Thursday of the NCAA tournament and predisposed with wedding shit the rest of the weekend. Didn't realize this until today and now I am very upset. Sent an angry text to the groom.

Gonna have to take off Thursday next week for the ACC Quarterfinals at this rate.

Shouldn't you just need to take Wednesday off? NC State should be eliminated before the quarters. :trollface:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
State is going to be playing in the night games so it doesn't even matter, and I just require at least one full day of March basketball to watch without hunching over a goddamn laptop.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Of course Syracuse plays State after they get the gauntlet thrown on them. Boeheim gon come hard and pissed and win by 10 at least

Wolfman21

ugh, this game has gotta be ugly to watch. 11-11 with 9 minutes to go in the first half? Thank goodness i'm not watching.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Strong 9-0 "surge" to end the half. Ralston needs to show up in the second

Wolfman21

looks like they've continued that surge to start the second half. 12-2 run to open 2nd half. NC State up 38-27

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I know State is capable of blowing any lead, but hot damn they look good

Wolfman21

gametracker attributed him with 3, thts why i was wondering.

Pack puttin the pedal down. 55-36 with 10 min remaining.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The energy to start the half is gone, 9 straight for the Cuse. Missing open shots.