• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014-15 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This pass from Miralem Pjanic. Damn.

MajorGrayAidi.gif

Snorky's Shame

Congrats to Western Sydney and ES Setif for winning the Asian and African Champions' League respectively.

Scottish League Cup semifinal draw:

Celtic-Rangers
Aberdeen-Dundee United

Old Firm and New Firm.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
ArsenaLOL. 3-3.

Good lord. How is that possible? More to the point, how does it happen every year?

Snorky's Shame

Manchester City, you want a top seed in the UCL? Stop being so shit in it. Hope UEFA doesn't change its seeding system because of them.

ZeekLTK

Just in case you were wondering whether Van Persie is better than some 10 year old kids...

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
2-0. Gotta get a 3rd before collapsing

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ramsey's second goal was pretty sweet, even if it was a bit of a hit and hope (@chibob). Also, Zelalem got in for the entire second half.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The volley? I'd say it exceeds "pretty sweet" territory.

I only saw one angle on it (the worst one in that highlight, haha). That is ridiculous. Definitely a hit and hope (@chibob), but incredible. I love goals that are still rising when they hit the net.

NML

Actually thought Liverpool played quite well, maybe their best performance since Spurs. Dominated the second half despite playing most of it with 10 men. Red card was extremely harsh, but Markovic is a dummy. Dat Gerrard free kick doe

Would've been nice to make the knock out stages, but it would've just meant two more games and one paycheck. Cup half full - wining the Europa league is probably Liverpool's best chance of making it back to the Champions League next year.

NML

Don't think I said they would. I think they have better chance of that than getting in the top 4 doe.

But you have to give them a pretty good shot, especially if it becomes their sole focus - and by mid Feb they could definitely be out of the running for CL spots. Zenit and Schalke would be the only CL teams I'd put above them (and even that's debatable). No one from Europa is scary - maybe Everton?

Sturridge should be back by then. I think Liverpool have showed signs of the pieces being there, it's just putting it all together. Lovren had far and away his best game yesterday. Markovic was extremely positive in his 15 minute cameo before the horrible red card. They win the midfield in almost every game - last time I can think they got overrun would be Madrid (at Anfield) back in October. They need consistency from their back five (Mignolet has been spotty at best) and someone to start scoring some damn goals.

I'm guessing, but I'd say their goals against average is better this year than last - but their scoring rate has dropped off a cliff. I think they could use someone a little more creative than Mario or Lambert.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Nah, they definitely have a better chance at the top 4. PL is trash this year - all it will take is a month or two long good run to be in the top 4 at the end of the year. Liverpool has some big problems, sure, but they're also only 6 points off the top 4 right now.

Meanwhile, if there are even a half dozen teams better than Liverpool in the EL, their chances of winning are extremely slim. And there are easily that many teams better than Liverpool in the competition (every Spanish team plus every German team, as a rough back of my hand calculation).

Snorky's Shame

Pot 1: Atletico, Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, Dortmund, Madrid, Monaco, Porto
Pot 2: Arsenal, Basel, Juventus, Leverkusen, Manchester City, Paris, Schalke, Shakhtar

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Arsenal have a 50/50 shot at drawing one of Bayern, Barca, or Real. But they also have a decent chance at drawing Monaco or Porto, which would be amazing.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
River Plate won the Sudamericana over Nacional. Funny that they were relegated a couple of years ago. Forgot to mention it, but Cruzeiro won the league last week, for their 2nd in a row. Bet they're going to lose some guys to Europe (Ribeiro, and Lucas Silva has one foot in Real Madrid)

Snorky's Shame

River Plate won the Sudamericana over Nacional. Funny that they were relegated a couple of years ago. Forgot to mention it, but Cruzeiro won the league last week, for their 2nd in a row. Bet they're going to lose some guys to Europe (Ribeiro, and Lucas Silva has one foot in Real Madrid)

Speaking of teams that bounced back after get relegated, I give you Gamba Osaka:

2012 - Relegated from the J-League
2013 - Win J-League 2
2014 - Win J-League, Emperor's Cup and League Cup

Urawa pissed away the league though, they were six points ahead with three games left I think.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Paris v Chelsea

Manchester City v Barcelona

Leverkusen v Atletico

Juventus v Dortmund

Schalke v Madrid

Shakhtar v Bayern

Arsenal v Monaco

Basel v Porto

Shits fixed. At least Arsenal got an easy draw though.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So, did Arsenal draw the easiest team left in the Champions League? It's gotta be between Monaco and Shakhtar, right? Maybe Leverkusen?

Snorky's Shame

Monaco's the worst team left. Porto didn't look that good at home against Benfica yesterday though. Not impressed with Schalke either.

Snorky's Shame

Young Boys v Everton

Torino v Athletic

Sevilla v Moenchengladbach

Wolsfburg v Sporting

Ajax v Legia

Aalborg v Club Brugge

Anderlecht v Dynamo Moscow

Dnipro v Olympiakos

Trabzonspor v Napoli

Guingamp v Dynamo Kiev

Villarreal v Salzburg

Roma v Feyenoord

PSV v Zenit

Liverpool v Besiktas

Tottenham v Fiorentina

Celtic v Internazionale

The EL winner goes to the UCL next year.

Last edited: