• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 11 Thread - November Rain

Mame YO

slings rocks
gonna be a big shakeup after oregon and TCU lose this weekend.
Is warshington finally going to make Oregon pay for their shaky DB and OLB play? Maybe, probably not! Honestly the DBs have been looking better but the unit still looks a lot thinner in the nickel package.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
BOONE

this game more HARD NOSED than most SEC games

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
MACTION gr8 so far tonight. gonna be a shootout?

CJ_24

What the fuck is am Illini? It's not a Native American, I can tell you that much.
"Illinois" is the modern spelling for the early French Catholic missionaries and explorers' name for the Illinois Native Americans, a name that was spelled in many different ways in the early records
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois
The Illiniwek, Illinois Confederation, or Illini, were made up of 12 to 13 tribes who lived in the Mississippi River Valley.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_Fighting_Illini

For the record, I am generally a fan of otters. I am just unsure of the species connection to the State of Illinois

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Matt Barrie is a terrible pbp guy

Mame YO

slings rocks

Is this good?

I realize what @Brick was saying about rush TDs in particular being a stat padford situation BUT I have been seeing sentiment like this pretty much across the board. We’re talking about DA HEISMAN not “who da statistically most dominant qb” and as long as NIX keeps racking up those TDs the voters aren’t going to be thinking “those are just stat padford TDs” they’re going to be making comparisons to Cam Newton lol. I know this trog game, I’m telling you’ll.

(Please help me forget about the Nazi for a while)

Mame YO

slings rocks
I have to admit, I am very drunk and I might have a Nazi rep soon. It’s ma’wife’s birfday this weekend. We have reservations at a really fucking cool sake bar and I’m going to miss most of the warshington game. This will be the game that Oregon loses if they’re going to lose. I blame myself.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_Fighting_Illini

For the record, I am generally a fan of otters. I am just unsure of the species connection to the State of Illinois

Literally from that Wikipedia article though.

Many NCAA and High School mascots bearing reference to first nation people have changed their names, however, the University of Illinois maintains its position that the Illini nickname does not refer to the first nation inhabitants of the same land.

It's worth noting however, that the Alma Otter is unofficial. There has been talks now and then about introducing an animal mascot. If they did that I would probably only settle for the Kingfisher.

CJ_24

Literally from that Wikipedia article though.

It's worth noting however, that the Alma Otter is unofficial. There has been talks now and then about introducing an animal mascot. If they did that I would probably only settle for the Kingfisher.
I am dubious of the truthfulness of the statement that the "University of Illinois maintains its position that the Illini nickname does not refer to the first nation inhabitants of the same land." Because of the history of Illinois' logo and mascot:

1200px-Illiniwek_logo.svg.png

793d53b6-d033-41ba-b344-3d64f4ad4e90.jpg

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I am dubious of the truthfulness of the statement that the "University of Illinois maintains its position that the Illini nickname does not refer to the first nation inhabitants of the same land." Because of the history of Illinois' logo and mascot:

1200px-Illiniwek_logo.svg.png

793d53b6-d033-41ba-b344-3d64f4ad4e90.jpg

It just the statement they have to make given that the Illiniwek nation is dissolved and the teams still has the name "Illini."

It's just kind of a shitty situation. Given the chance the Univeristy of Illinois would absolutely honor the Illiniwek nation.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
ESPN's televising of this is so bad lol, keeps stuttering and the audio sounds like it's over the radio half the time

GJGE Disney, really seems like a company we should let own everything

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol two timeouts in the 1st quarter

And people want this PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH to get hired