• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2045 Off-season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I dunno because it seams weird to have a team belong to a country and not a city like everyone else, but it's cool. Your call.

Let me know if you want a logo.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
All this talk about picking a city made me wonder what in hell a False Bay was.

Found out.
2457102497_81fd86ee1c.jpeg

jdlikewhoa

All this talk about picking a city made me wonder what in hell a False Bay was.

Found out.

For the uninitiated:

"There is a small granite island in the bay (not discernible in the image above) called Seal Island, which is one of the main breeding sites for the Cape Fur Seal. (Seal Island can be seen in a scan in the article on The Cape Flats). The seals attract many Great White Sharks and some of the biggest sharks ever seen have been spotted in these waters. These sharks are famous for the manner in which they breach the surface of the water while attacking seals, sometimes jumping entirely out of the ocean."

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@OU11

I noticed another of these "phantom" players that just seem to show up after looking at the website and seeing it say some random guy I'd never heard of from my team was among the tallest guys in the league. Hmmm. So I did some digging in the game, and found dozens on my team alone. I'm releasing 53 guys and moved probably another dozen to various ML teams.

seRKaY8.png

I found them by going to list all WBL players, ticked the minor league box, and sorted by team. There could easily be this many guys for each organization- that could be a thousand players, 900 of whom are worthless.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It looks like they are players that got too old for the complex, but weren't manually promoted. They are all international signings. When they get too old for the complex they are supposed to just go to A automatically. It seems like they are going to some purgatory :laughing:

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
@OU11

I noticed another of these "phantom" players that just seem to show up after looking at the website and seeing it say some random guy I'd never heard of from my team was among the tallest guys in the league. Hmmm. So I did some digging in the game, and found dozens on my team alone. I'm releasing 53 guys and moved probably another dozen to various ML teams.

I found them by going to list all WBL players, ticked the minor league box, and sorted by team. There could easily be this many guys for each organization- that could be a thousand players, 900 of whom are worthless.

Look for the guys who say "URTEAM WBL ML" instead of "URTEAM INT INT" and then the unfamiliar names on the WBL team. (edit - not directed at Karl, directed at other GMs)

It looks like they are players that got too old for the complex, but weren't manually promoted. They are all international signings. When they get too old for the complex they are supposed to just go to A automatically. It seems like they are going to some purgatory

I believe these are the IC players that we or the AI cut. I know for a fact some of these guys I manually cut. I mentioned one earlier in the season.

It's got to be a bug in the game. These players should be going to MLFA or getting deleted but aren't. Good find KH.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Look for the guys who say "URTEAM WBL ML" instead of "URTEAM INT INT" and then the unfamiliar names on the WBL team.

I believe these are the IC players that we or the AI cut. I know for a fact some of these guys I manually cut. I mentioned one earlier in the season.

It's got to be a bug in the game. These players should be going to MLFA or getting deleted but aren't. Good find KH.

Yeah, I recognized maybe 2 or 3 names out of all of them that were IC guys. Most all are cuts, I'm pretty ruthless about clearing my complex out.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well they were all IC guys at some point, that's for sure. They are cuts since not all of them are 20+. Maybe it has something to do with at what point during the year they were released from the complex? I am not 100% sure, but they definitely aren't just phantom players.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Yeah, now that I know where to look for them, I know what they are. Before, I would just see them referenced with the factoids, or at the bottom of the prospect list. As long as the number of players isn't going to impact file size or anything, it's not a big deal.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I just went through and manually re-released a few of these guys.
(a) Confirm they show up as MLFA now.
(b) Wonder if maybe you can only cut IC during off-season for it to "take."
(c) Wonder if the commish @OU11 can occasionally purge the bottom of the MLFA list to keep file size reasonable?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
File size stays reasonable. What helps file size is getting rid of past scouting reports, holla at me when you'll are okay with that

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't have it checked to delete guys who never make it to the big leagues.

I had zero of these guys though, but I cut all the guys who aren't doing well at 18

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I had zero of these guys though, but I cut all the guys who aren't doing well at 18

You have way fewer than I did, but I glanced at your list and still saw Esteban Calderon, Laurent Didier, Bill Dumont, Roger Muldoon, Bill Stewart, Timo van Wijk, and Xie-Li Yei.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I also cut them at 18 or 19 and I assume a lot of the list was made up of those guys. I went in and released all mine save a couple. I normally cut anyone before they hit 20, so my initial guess of them all being rollovers was wrong. Some might be.