• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048 WBL Season Thread (FREE AGENCY IS NOT OPEN YET)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Good Grief. @doh, all three of our games were decided in the 9th or 10th innings.
Yeah my bullpen has a 1.60 ERA on the year but shit the bed vs. you. Pretty happy with how things are going... out scored Berlin 34-5 in the four game series after dropping 2 of 3 to Kabul. It's just 24 games in but I think this is my best UBL/WBL team.

doh

I'm biased because I like him but what a trade by @Gooksta to get a 1st and Hong Hong for nada. HH has a 1.007 OPS v RHP thus far. IMO he could be a really good DH for a couple years.

Gooksta

I'm biased because I like him but what a trade by @Gooksta to get a 1st and Hong Hong for nada. HH has a 1.007 OPS v RHP thus far. IMO he could be a really good DH for a couple years.
Iam Putting Barnes at DH, i Just called him up, and moved hong to 2nd.. most likely not resigning Hong after this year.. sorry to burst your bubble there.. but I did it for the additional 1st and his bat does help me out for this year.. but I do think Barnes, Wiggins, James and Rocha should all be up with the team this year.

Ill be looking to build around those guys offensively and look for speed and defense primarily around those guys

doh

Iam Putting Barnes at DH, i Just called him up, and moved hong to 2nd.. most likely not resigning Hong after this year.. sorry to burst your bubble there.. but I did it for the additional 1st and his bat does help me out for this year.. but I do think Barnes, Wiggins, James and Rocha should all be up with the team this year.

Ill be looking to build around those guys offensively and look for speed and defense primarily around those guys
Well yeah I knew you didn't make the deal because you like Hong Hong but if he keeps hitting like this you should be able to spin him for a little more.

Gooksta

Well yeah I knew you didn't make the deal because you like Hong Hong but if he keeps hitting like this you should be able to spin him for a little more.
yeah.. his power can be a difference maker for a winning team down the stretch. we will see.

Wolfman21

Yeah my bullpen has a 1.60 ERA on the year but shit the bed vs. you. Pretty happy with how things are going... out scored Berlin 34-5 in the four game series after dropping 2 of 3 to Kabul. It's just 24 games in but I think this is my best UBL/WBL team.

Yeah. If Humphrey had just gotten me 3 outs in that game 2 that he blew. I feel your pain on the bullpen there. I'm with you though, I feel like this is the best overall team i've had.

Schauwn

How do I cancel a move I made if I didnt export?

I tried closing OOTP and reopening and I tried to redownload the file, but it said there wasn't a new one.

Do I have to delete the WBL folder and re download?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
How do I cancel a move I made if I didnt export?

I tried closing OOTP and reopening and I tried to redownload the file, but it said there wasn't a new one.

Do I have to delete the WBL folder and re download?
Delete the file @Wendell Gee tells you too. I cant remember which it is

Its in the settings folder iirc. Something with the extension .cpf or .cfg. It starts with c.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Maybe it's league download time.cfg? Just look for something like that and delete it with reckless abandon

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I know its the cfg file and i think most of them are dat files so it really should be easy to isolate. Something having to do with league time or league download

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
My brother's PC is broken apparently.

I might be able to float him a spare computer I have, I'm debating. Both dudes are quite good at fantasy baseball so it could work. But no teams available so whatever, let me know I guess.

osick87

Community Liaison
Considering how many people lose their shit when anything changes around here, I'm going to venture a guess that expansion will be a no go until @bruin228 shows he's going to stick with it.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Success! Thanks.

online_league_file_time.cfg for anyone else interested

Yes, that's it. I rename it with a .bak extension because I'm like that. It is the flag that OOTP looks at to determine if the savefile on the server is newer than what you last downloaded. If there is no league time file on your computer, it downloads whatever is up.

osick87

Community Liaison
I'd probably be game for an additional smaller, more relaxed sim schedul custom league, if you wanted them to get used to the game @Mr. Radpants.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My brother's PC is broken apparently.

I might be able to float him a spare computer I have, I'm debating. Both dudes are quite good at fantasy baseball so it could work. But no teams available so whatever, let me know I guess.
PM nml and ask him if he's for sure done. I'd like to have him back but if he knows he's done your buddy can have Australia if he gets on the board and talks as much shit as you do

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Considering how many people lose their shit when anything changes around here, I'm going to venture a guess that expansion will be a no go until @bruin228 shows he's going to stick with it.

I'm still here, I've just been really busy with school this past week. In a week, I'll be free.

Wolfman21

I fully expect this season to take a turn for the shitter soon. But I'm enjoying the ride.

Did notice a cool thing in the second game of the Buffalo series. Buffalo brought in a righty reliever to face RHB Tony Rosales. I platoon Rosales vs lefties and Wilson vs Righties. So my manager pinch hit Wilson for Rosales. Wilson gets a single which moves Chavez into scoring position so that Ramos could drive him in for the winning run. Pretty good stuff there.

And holy shit...Tien Thu with a 484 foot mammoth homer in THIS games second inning against Buffalo. Longest i've seen. I'm sure there have been longer though.

Last edited:

Gooksta

I fully expect this season to take a turn for the shitter soon. But I'm enjoying the ride.

Did notice a cool thing in the second game of the Buffalo series. Buffalo brought in a righty reliever to face RHB Tony Rosales. I platoon Rosales vs lefties and Wilson vs Righties. So my manager pinch hit Wilson for Rosales. Wilson gets a single which moves Chavez into scoring position so that Ramos could drive him in for the winning run. Pretty good stuff there.

And holy shit...Tien Thu with a 484 foot mammoth homer in THIS games second inning against Buffalo. Longest i've seen. I'm sure there have been longer though.
Statcast it to find out

doh

Quick version of the Dowher Rankings one month into the year.....

1. Las Vegas -- Biased but the best RD in the NL and a team 2.73 ERA which would be the best for a team in WBL history.
2. Amsterdam -- I see the top 3 very tight and the Tulips come in second. Dynamite offense, solid pitching which could be enough this time around in the playoffs.
3. Helsingborg -- Defending champs have one of the best offenses I've seen in the WBL on pace for around 1000 runs.
4. Seoul -- See a drop from 3 to 4 with Seoul and Moscow basically the same. Incredible rotation, solid bullpen and a lineup with very fixable holes.
5. Moscow -- No big holes in the lineup or rotation but not the star power of some of the teams above them. Still a very good playoffs chance.
6. Berlin -- Kinda see them as own their own between playoff teams and lower teams. Too many holes to compete but probably a 70-72 or so win season.
7. Dublin -- The youth movement is here with the rotation stocked with young talent. Needs to upgrade lineup significantly which I think they can do in FA.
8. Istanbul -- Good lineup, horrific pitching. Like what he's doing at least.
9. Lisbon -- Traded away their best player... still far away from competing.

1. Kabul -- Best RD in WBL and is absolutely rolling. Again question for me in playoffs is do they have enough elite SP?
2. Cairo -- I see 2-5 all very tight. Scott Bell is on the shortlist of best players in the game. Deep rotation but lack elite SP.
3. False Bay -- Things are coming together and they have some serious young talent.
4. Buffalo -- Decided to mostly stand pat this last off-season after losing a couple big talents. Have guys who are getting older/starting to regress.
5. Buenos Aires -- Had them as my pre-season #1. Unfortunately, Kasib mightve gone from "best in games no one is close" to "best in game but others are close".
6. Key West -- Big drop off from 5 to 6 although if Key West made a couple moves, they could sniff the playoffs.
7. Baton Rogue -- Bottom 3 are all really bad/way below the rest. I applaud Reel for trying to get decent but the defense and offense are both horrific.
8. Australia -- Old team that isn't good.
9. Little Rock -- Long ways away. Trade Maurice.

doh

Eh I wouldn't say I like you're tanking because you weren't far away at all from the playoffs. That said: I think you've done it right by getting as much as you could get. I especially think you've done it right by blowing out IFA and holding onto semi-valued guys like Bernal, Aguirre, Duarte, and Imarika instead of just giving them away. I still think you could get something for those guys.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Quick version of the Dowher Rankings one month into the year.....

1. Las Vegas -- Biased but the best RD in the NL and a team 2.73 ERA which would be the best for a team in WBL history.
2. Amsterdam -- I see the top 3 very tight and the Tulips come in second. Dynamite offense, solid pitching which could be enough this time around in the playoffs.
3. Helsingborg -- Defending champs have one of the best offenses I've seen in the WBL on pace for around 1000 runs.
4. Seoul -- See a drop from 3 to 4 with Seoul and Moscow basically the same. Incredible rotation, solid bullpen and a lineup with very fixable holes.
5. Moscow -- No big holes in the lineup or rotation but not the star power of some of the teams above them. Still a very good playoffs chance.
6. Berlin -- Kinda see them as own their own between playoff teams and lower teams. Too many holes to compete but probably a 70-72 or so win season.
7. Dublin -- The youth movement is here with the rotation stocked with young talent. Needs to upgrade lineup significantly which I think they can do in FA.
8. Istanbul -- Good lineup, horrific pitching. Like what he's doing at least.
9. Lisbon -- Traded away their best player... still far away from competing.

1. Kabul -- Best RD in WBL and is absolutely rolling. Again question for me in playoffs is do they have enough elite SP?
2. Cairo -- I see 2-5 all very tight. Scott Bell is on the shortlist of best players in the game. Deep rotation but lack elite SP.
3. False Bay -- Things are coming together and they have some serious young talent.
4. Buffalo -- Decided to mostly stand pat this last off-season after losing a couple big talents. Have guys who are getting older/starting to regress.
5. Buenos Aires -- Had them as my pre-season #1. Unfortunately, Kasib mightve gone from "best in games no one is close" to "best in game but others are close".
6. Key West -- Big drop off from 5 to 6 although if Key West made a couple moves, they could sniff the playoffs.
7. Baton Rogue -- Bottom 3 are all really bad/way below the rest. I applaud Reel for trying to get decent but the defense and offense are both horrific.
8. Australia -- Old team that isn't good.
9. Little Rock -- Long ways away. Trade Maurice.
Nothing I do is ever good enough for you people