• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dr. Sad presents Week 2 2015

DanishDonut0

Oregon is a underdog for the first time since 2011 this week, when they were 3 pt underdogs to Stanford in 2011 (won the game 54-30).

That was such a glorious game. I remember turning to my friend sometime in the first quarter. He magically had a full 30 rack of beer and was tossing them around to everyone in the section. That and the Stanford tears on the train ride back.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm making fun of Penn State's OL.

I think Hackenberg has talent, but I also think his shitty OL has completely ruined him. I would be curious to see what happened if you put him behind a decent OL. I think he'd still be bad because he's been hit so much. He's Devin Gardner 2.0, except more damaged.

Simo77

I'm making fun of Penn State's OL.

I think Hackenberg has talent, but I also think his shitty OL has completely ruined him. I would be curious to see what happened if you put him behind a decent OL. I think he'd still be bad because he's been hit so much. He's Devin Gardner 2.0, except more damaged.
This a thousand times. Doesn't matter how talented he his. He's been wrecked behind that OL. Will never be even as good as he was as a freshman.

Freeman

That clip looks like most the o lines on Hudl involving 4th graders. The one guy just looking around helplessly is a classic 10U move.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
IMAGINE A MIKE LEACH OFFENSE WITH TEXAS RESOURCES/RECRUITS.

It's called Baylor/TCU/SMU.

I love that these smaller colleges in Texas are just pillaging UTA for recruits, and now UTA is a piece of dogshit program and historically pathetic Baylor is a premier program, lol.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
9.17.22 at Pitt then 9.24.22 at VT

Taking that whole week off so I can let Pitt know in person that they each shit, then turn around and just tell VT to go fuck themselves because fuck VT and Corch Goiter.

PSUEagle

Art Briles is amazing.

It's fascinating seeing how his offense has evolved over the last dozen years.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
@Rutgers Mike gimme that Rutgers breakdown.

Laviano is getting the start at QB. Not sure if that's the right decision because I liked what Rettig showed in game 1, and I think he has more upside, but whatever.
Rutgers is gonna be run first this year. They have a good trio of backs with Paul James a guy who would get more acclaim if he could stay healthy. Carroo is as good as any receiver in the country. Ben McDaniels is the OC now, so I think you are gonna see a lot of stuff similar to what the New England Patriots do.

Defense - I like the front 7. Kemoko Turay is a great athlete at DE and is getting close to 100% health. Darius Hamilton is still out with some kind of injury and who knows when he'll play, but we have Julian Pinnix-Odrick at the 3 tech right now taking his spot and I like what he provides. LBs are good with Longa and Gause both in their 3rd year starting, plus Kaiwan Lewis started a decent amount at South Carolina. Secondary is a big concern, especially this week. When you lose 4 of your top 5 CBs between the end of spring practice and now, you're really up against things and of the 4 CBs listed on the depth chart, 3 are true freshman, and then one RS Freshman. Safety is a little better, but we did lose our starting FS from last year as he was kicked off the team too. Anthony Cioffi will get the start at FS, he started 10 games at CB total the previous 2 years. Strong safety should be okay with Davon Jacobs and Miami transfer Kiy Hester as the main guys.

There is a lot of turmoil around the program due to all the arrests, emailgate, etc. Is Flood in danger of losing his job due to these incidents? I don't think so, but you never know. Rutgers kicked off another player today who was involved in the home invasion stuff, but he was a walk-on FB.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@Rutgers Mike

James will roll big on Saturday, Portland State ran well against Wazzu which is all you need to know. It'll be a shootout if their offense pulls their heads out of their asses and actually plays to their potential. This team was supposed to have the best Cougs line in years and yet they couldn't punch into the end zone in short distances. Skill players are all good. Falk went out against PSU but I think he'll be back for Saturday. Defense is still largely a joke.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
@Rutgers Mike

James will roll big on Saturday, Portland State ran well against Wazzu which is all you need to know. It'll be a shootout if their offense pulls their heads out of their asses and actually plays to their potential. This team was supposed to have the best Cougs line in years and yet they couldn't punch into the end zone in short distances. Skill players are all good. Falk went out against PSU but I think he'll be back for Saturday. Defense is still largely a joke.

Did Mike Leach kick the whiners off the team yet like he said he was gonna do?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Also, I think the game is gonna be a shootout either way. Rutgers may get their points on the ground and throwing to Carroo, Patton, Grant, but the DBs are gonna get torched.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Also, I think the game is gonna be a shootout either way. Rutgers may get their points on the ground and throwing to Carroo, Patton, Grant, but the DBs are gonna get torched.

The secondary is just as bad as last year so Carroo is gonna go beast mode. He is really good.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
FAU-Miami thoughts.

FAU's RB breaks off a long run down inside the 5, and then they decide to throw it in the rain. Keep trogging it up Owls.

Wooly

Watching USU-UofU game.

They need to change the rules such that any pass behind the LOS is a live ball, so if it's dropped it's a fumble. You shoudn't get the protection of a dead ball on a forward pass...when it's not really forward. They are not taking a real risk, but getting the benefits as if they are. It skews the risk/reward of passing too much. This is especially true on shovel passes, but it should apply to screens and anything else behind the LOS.

Bdub

Ugh Wilson hurt again. Just when they finally find an offense. Going to be a long year if he is out for a long period of time.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Well fuck. That was way too easy. This is a team that struggle to score against Weber State. That better be an aberration or this will be a long game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Dave Baldwin already wreckin'.

Of course, that freshman QB could have easily thrown 2 picks on that drive. Oregon State is not good, and struggled with a bad 1-AA team last week. If Michigan loses, it's really bad.

Brick

First game under new corch. They didn't struggle last week. Held Weber to under 200 yards and outgained them by 200. QB had a huge game. He looks like Chuckie Keeton from Utah State 2.0. He embarrassed Auburn on the road his first game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
First game under new corch. They didn't struggle last week. Held Weber to under 200 yards and outgained them by 200. QB had a huge game. He looks like Chuckie Keeton from Utah State 2.0. He embarrassed Auburn on the road his first game.

:laughing: Yeah, okay.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Leaving for Knoxville. Glad I'm not missing any other good games today. What a shit slate of games.

Brick

DeadMan is denial with fanboy tunnel syndrome since Baldwin struggled against MAH TEAM. C'MON, Nebraskaman.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
DeadMan is denial with fanboy tunnel syndrome since Baldwin struggled against MAH TEAM. C'MON, Nebraskaman.

No, actually, because I know what happened in that game against Weber State. 13-7 going into the 4th quarter. Collins struggled passing. I expect something similar. Collins will probably be really good at some point. In his second game, he shouldn't be that good.

You're blinded by your man crushes on Anderson and Baldwin. Give them 2 or 3 years and this team will be better. This year will be rough. They also return 2 starters from a bad defense. Michigan should handle them. If they don't turn the ball over, I expect a 14 point win or so.

Brick

Michigan shouldn't handle anyone. You're blinded by Harbaugh. That offensive line is getting wrecked homos.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan shouldn't handle anyone. You're blinded by Harbaugh. That offensive line is getting wrecked homos.

Yeah, if the OL struggles with this defense - entire DL is undersized - I'm not going to be as optimistic about the season. The strange thing is that the OL improve all last year, and had a good game against Ohio State.

Brick

You cray. To me not to me.

Only other games id want to watch are tonight. LSU msu and Msu uo.
Those two and ur game are pretty good for week two. Unfortunately they are all on at once. This OSU/Michigan game is interesting for an opener. And USF/Flazzu. Good mroing.