• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Before you guys start investing in in-form cards, I recommend holding 20k at all times in cash reserves so you can spend money on normal trading and building/swapping squads when you get bored.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Someone is probably trying to price fix him. Watch for a crash between now and Wednesday and then scoop him then.

DanishDonut0

Finally started up FUT. Don't really have the time or patience for all of @Travis7401 's nonsense, so I'll just play until I have enough coins to set up a few decent teams. Maybe get lucky on one of the 40 packs that came with the game.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=dKdv5v4IbEep:360

Eventually planning on a basic EPL & UK squad. McCarthy, Ramsey, Toure, Tiendalli, and Motta all came in starter packs. Rest of the players were all 300-350. Except Gayle because I have a boner for him and paid 700. If I can I'd want to start a silver squad around him.

osick87

Community Liaison
I remember FUT 13 where BPL American goalies were a good time. Buy for 800-900, sell for 1150-1200

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Am huge trog, spent $5 on 3 packs because I didn't want to grind from 700 coins. Pulled two cards worth 4kish each so gon be lookin to trade. Gignac is my flipper at the moment

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is it better to sell guys during europe's daylight? I think I remember that being a thing last year. I got some silver shikabalalalala who has a 5900 value on futhead but sells around 4500 in reality.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm going to share my latest trading strategy with you guys. I tried it out last week and broke even because I dicked up on one player, but now I've got the pattern.

Basically what happens is if a player gets an IF card, the demand for that players' normal card typically goes up during that week for two reasons. First, people want to try the regular card to see how good the player is, second the normal cards aren't in packs that week so the supply is diminished. This is a tried and true trading strategy, and people try to invest in players they think will make TOTW. You can try to do that method if you'd like, but I think there is an even better opportunity.

Recognize the investment strategy of others and cash in on the run up as players invest in people they think will get an IF card. Last week, Lacazette scored a hat trick and then was selected on futhead.com as a "lock of the week" for an IF card. There was rampant speculation in his card that literally almost doubled his value, and then the market crashed when he actually got an IF card and people tried to sell them off. I bought too high in the run up and lost a little money on those trades (made it up on Naldo, fortunately). Take a look at Lacazette's graph from last week.
http://www.futbin.com/player/3392/alexandre-lacazette
If you buy early on sat/sunday during the run up you could easily see +50% profit in a day on a player like this that gets a prediction for TOTW, basically I was too late last week.

So this week, I watched the games and picked out one player that I think will see a huge rise in price due to IF investment speculation. For this week that player is Szcezny. Poland beat Germany in an international match and Szcezny got a perfect 10.0 rating from whoscored. http://www.futbin.com/player/19792/wojciech-szczesny as you can see, his prices have been dropping for 2 weeks but now he's starting to see the beginning of a run up as people begin investing in him. If you buy him now for 2,000 coins or less you should be able to flip him for like 3,000 or more on monday if Futhead puts him in their predicted team of the week.

Basically, find a guy who had a great game today in a statement victory and buy a bunch of him... then sell him when he gains 25-50% in value. (don't be too greedy, that was my problem with lacazette last week).

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I bought that non IF Lacazette for 6k I told you about and sold him today for 6700. Not a huge profit but he was being priced pp fixed to 7000

DanishDonut0

Had to make a Turkish FUT team after the Eboue outbreak. Been trying to figure out a good formation to get both Ba and Emenike on the field but Eboue is the main star.

3rd game in Eboue might've had my best goal so far, a match winner too. EA changed their online hub so I'm not the proper way to link it now. But it's the second most video, first one is a hilarious shanked shot that worked perfectly as a cross

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/game-data/media/DanishDonut0/fifa15-xbox360

EBOUEEEEEEEE:emo:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That link wants you to log in. If only you had a PS4...

chibob

I actually like long range shots this year.

Scored a screamer with Gibbs a while back, was similar to Kellas, but better because I did a fake shot and put it onto his right foot.

DanishDonut0

UGGGGGH why did they even change it, you should be able to log in seeing you had an account... Eboue 35 rip off the cross bar, probably would've needed some goal line technology.

To seal another gold tournament championship Emenike just stiff armed a poor defender and chipped the keeper while hurdling him.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
When you use protect ball with Ba, the defenders don't even get near him. Maybe he smells. I hate how insanely ineffective that move is with smaller guys, I've seen Aguero do it plenty of times (admittedly he is strong, but also short) in real life but in this game it's just nope, defender runs you over. Sometimes it does generate a foul though.

jdlikewhoa

When you use protect ball with Ba, the defenders don't even get near him. Maybe he smells. I hate how insanely ineffective that move is with smaller guys, I've seen Aguero do it plenty of times (admittedly he is strong, but also short) in real life but in this game it's just nope, defender runs you over. Sometimes it does generate a foul though.
In an online match the guy i was playing used the protect ball button to run out injury time. My defenders couldn't get within 2 feet of the guy. They just kept running but it's like they were stuck up against an invisible wall

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hold L2+R2. That frees you up from any "scripted" movement and queued up actions in the game. You can then run around in 360 degrees like an asshole.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Run around like an asshole gameplan might be more effective than ever, but I'm really enjoying playing through a target man this year. Now that I can actually give my players the instructions I want, the big mong striker actually sits in the right spots and then players make cutting runs around him while he holds the ball up.

Pubers don't know how to handle the BA. They can't break through his force field while he's holding the ball up, so they call second man press and pull both CBs up, leaving this huge hole for a runner to cut into.

On fut I've been using Gignac in that role because he's also a great passer (where ba fails).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm going to share my latest trading strategy with you guys. I tried it out last week and broke even because I dicked up on one player, but now I've got the pattern.

Basically what happens is if a player gets an IF card, the demand for that players' normal card typically goes up during that week for two reasons. First, people want to try the regular card to see how good the player is, second the normal cards aren't in packs that week so the supply is diminished. This is a tried and true trading strategy, and people try to invest in players they think will make TOTW. You can try to do that method if you'd like, but I think there is an even better opportunity.

Recognize the investment strategy of others and cash in on the run up as players invest in people they think will get an IF card. Last week, Lacazette scored a hat trick and then was selected on futhead.com as a "lock of the week" for an IF card. There was rampant speculation in his card that literally almost doubled his value, and then the market crashed when he actually got an IF card and people tried to sell them off. I bought too high in the run up and lost a little money on those trades (made it up on Naldo, fortunately). Take a look at Lacazette's graph from last week.
http://www.futbin.com/player/3392/alexandre-lacazette
If you buy early on sat/sunday during the run up you could easily see +50% profit in a day on a player like this that gets a prediction for TOTW, basically I was too late last week.

So this week, I watched the games and picked out one player that I think will see a huge rise in price due to IF investment speculation. For this week that player is Szcezny. Poland beat Germany in an international match and Szcezny got a perfect 10.0 rating from whoscored. http://www.futbin.com/player/19792/wojciech-szczesny as you can see, his prices have been dropping for 2 weeks but now he's starting to see the beginning of a run up as people begin investing in him. If you buy him now for 2,000 coins or less you should be able to flip him for like 3,000 or more on monday if Futhead puts him in their predicted team of the week.

Basically, find a guy who had a great game today in a statement victory and buy a bunch of him... then sell him when he gains 25-50% in value. (don't be too greedy, that was my problem with lacazette last week).

EA took the piss out of me when they put up a huge "happy hour" deal that caused player prices to drop by like 50% across the board. As such, I just sold off my last szcesny card at $2100. Bought 40 of them for 1700-1900 and about shit my pants when they dropped to 1300 the next day. Eventually they recovered and sold for 2100-2200. Not terrible, but not as good as I was hoping. :(

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is one of my current hybrid squads to take advantage of some IF players:

14938404154_dec3fcacfb_o.jpg

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Ligue1.png
This was my starter squad. Won me division 10, Michy Bat was a great starter striker.
Varane.png
Need a player to sell and then I'll try this. I might go for Pepe and Carvajal once I have a bit more coins.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Looks like a tough team to play against with all that speed. I tend to play a more defensive style without a high line so I don't need as much speed from my CBs, so I tend to choose better defenders instead of faster guys. I'd probably replace caceras since his "phys" is low and he might get bossed by stronger strikers. As long as a CB is like 65+ pace I'm good with them in a 4 back formation. In a 3 back the outside players need to be faster.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Don't get me wrong, I don't always play defensive style, but I usually start out that way until someone proves that they aren't a puber. Puber through balls to 90+ pace players are a lot less effective when you've got a deeper defensive line. Now if the player is actually good at moving the ball around in front of a deeper defensive line, then I'll change tactics to something more pressing. Mostly though, I find just being patient, keeping shape, and letting people make mistakes is the best defense. If you go diving in or rushing around and pulling your defense out of shape then you'll give up a lot more goals.

I know it is a lot harder for me to break down a defense that keeps its shape. 90% of my goals come because someone panics and moves a second defender toward my guy, which opens a lane for someone else to be through on goal.

HuskerHomie

Looks like a tough team to play against with all that speed. I tend to play a more defensive style without a high line so I don't need as much speed from my CBs, so I tend to choose better defenders instead of faster guys. I'd probably replace caceras since his "phys" is low and he might get bossed by stronger strikers. As long as a CB is like 65+ pace I'm good with them in a 4 back formation. In a 3 back the outside players need to be faster.

Yeah, I really like having a lot of speed, especially against high pressure opponents. A lot of my players do get pushed around. Playing against Lukaku and similar players is a nightmare. Gonna try to buy Chiellini soon. I will occasionally have Menez or Higuain up top as well, which helps.

WingedHelmet

These are the two teams I've been messing around with:

I bought a few IF cards as investments and made a team using all of them. I'm hesitant to spend 50k+ (or even 15k+) plus on a regular gold player, but have been struggling to not buy Pogba. Team cost ~230k, but less than 30k on the non-IF guys. Chiellini is the best defender I've played with, and would be surprised if he isn't the best in the game. Lukaku is amazing too. Can't believe people spend twice his value on Aubamayang.

Wanted a team with Henry (one of my favorites of all time) and Yedlin. MLS has no RMs. I've only played a handful of games with this team, but have been wildly impressed with Bendtner. Which makes no sense. Yedlin is quick but underwhelming. I play De Bruyne in place of Holtby a good bit, although despite having 10 chemistry he has the ball inexplicably bounce off his foot out of bounds a good bit when in this team.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you can't beat em... join em.

I bought IF Obamayang and he scored 17 goals in 8 games. High pressure puber defense is no match for puber speed counter attack. The best part is that I can suck in so many defenders with him that I can lay it off for an open shot for FAT RONNY.

Here is my current team with the "Concept Player" addition of IF Lahm, who I will pick up tomorrow. Fat Ronny is playing in that slot now, but it will be nice to have a player who is quicker and dribbles better while keeping the high passing stats. Traore and elia, even though they are only 76 OVR, are both really nice wing players. They have great dribbling and speed and they both have 4 star skills so I can do the only skill move I'm any good at (Chop).

15619282296_ec881b98bc_o.jpg

I actually think I'll switch this to a 4-3-3 at some point to make the counter attack cheese even more potent as both Elia and Traore will stay further forward, but the 4-1-4-1 has been fun to try out. Luis "Greasy" Gustavo is such a Boss playing in front of ur CBs.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
These are the two teams I've been messing around with:

I bought a few IF cards as investments and made a team using all of them. I'm hesitant to spend 50k+ (or even 15k+) plus on a regular gold player, but have been struggling to not buy Pogba. Team cost ~230k, but less than 30k on the non-IF guys. Chiellini is the best defender I've played with, and would be surprised if he isn't the best in the game. Lukaku is amazing too. Can't believe people spend twice his value on Aubamayang.

Wanted a team with Henry (one of my favorites of all time) and Yedlin. MLS has no RMs. I've only played a handful of games with this team, but have been wildly impressed with Bendtner. Which makes no sense. Yedlin is quick but underwhelming. I play De Bruyne in place of Holtby a good bit, although despite having 10 chemistry he has the ball inexplicably bounce off his foot out of bounds a good bit when in this team.

I also made an MLS style fitness squad so that I could use Teflon and Beasley and my IF MLS players (Keane, Donovan, Martins). I'm using the silver Rapids player Vicente Sanchez at RM and he's great. Fast, 4 star skills, 4 star weak foot, and has technical and speed dribbler traits.

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/5058/vicente-sanchez/

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
what the hell is this concept player nonsense

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
what the hell is this concept player nonsense

You just put the player in your squad for planning purposes and when you click on them it searches only that specific version of the card in the transfer market. It is actually really useful because it is the only way to search for a specific IF version of a player.

WingedHelmet

I didn't get in on IF Naldo early enough, and his price is at its high point. The difference in quality isn't worth the extra 20k.

I've started buying/selling as I play to avoid losing out as the market crashes. This is the team I'm currently playing with:

Every time I play I buy Costa, Busquets, and Rakitic (the only players on the team worth enough to significantly depreciate), and when I'm finished I sell them off. Repeat the next day.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I didn't get in on IF Naldo early enough, and his price is at its high point. The difference in quality isn't worth the extra 20k.

I've started buying/selling as I play to avoid losing out as the market crashes. This is the team I'm currently playing with:

Every time I play I buy Costa, Busquets, and Rakitic (the only players on the team worth enough to significantly depreciate), and when I'm finished I sell them off. Repeat the next day.

That's basically what I do with my "profit squads." I buy players with 7+ contracts and play until they have 1 contract and then sell them and buy a new one. You are basically getting free contracts that way and it also helps you avoid depreciation.

It looks like Naldo might get a second IF, btw so I'm selling mine at a slight loss (bought at 23k, selling for 22K) to avoid a larger loss if he does get a second IF.

I honestly wish I'd never used Obamayang at this point. I don't know why he's so ridiculously good, but he is. He's got some magical ability that other fast players don't have (Martins) he's always in the right place to make a run and then he dribbles starts/stop so much more fluidly than any other player I've used. Then when he gets inside the box it is a 100% auto goal because of his finishing. I'm afraid he's crippled my ability to use realistic players :laughing: