• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 1 Thread 2015

DanishDonut0

Woke up just in time to see Utah score, not shocked by the scoreline at all. Am shocked that brick chose Michigan in this though

CJ_24

Rudock was the 3rd best QB in the Big Ten last year. An average QB would have given Michigan an 8-4 season last year. That's all he needs to be. Stanzi and Tate were actually both pretty good and would be a huge improvement over Gardner last year.

His completion % was a whopping two tenths of a point higher than Gardner's. From what I can see, the only area where there was any statistically significant difference between the two was in the number of interceptions. I'll grant that turnovers are a huge deal. Even with that, their overall numbers don't indicate a dramatic difference that would infer a dramatic increase in Michigan's offensive performance with Rudock this year v. Gardner last year.

But I didn't watch much footbaw last year, so all I have to go one are numbers; and I'll concede that numbers don't tell the whole story.

Brick

14 completions for 94 yards. Boykin for Heisman! 33/10 ratio is basically shit in modern fooTbaW.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
FUCK YOU ALL

_1428344240.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
His completion % was a whopping two tenths of a point higher than Gardner's. From what I can see, the only area where there was any statistically significant difference between the two was in the number of interceptions. I'll grant that turnovers are a huge deal. Even with that, their overall numbers don't indicate a dramatic difference that would infer a dramatic increase in Michigan's offensive performance with Rudock this year v. Gardner last year.

But I didn't watch much footbaw last year, so all I have to go one are numbers; and I'll concede that numbers don't tell the whole story.

Gardner threw 14 INTs to 4 TDs in games not against App State and Miami (not that Miami). Even a shitty 1:1 TD:INT against good teams will get Michigan to a bowl game. Gardner was awful last year. Completion % and YPA mean nothing if you turn the ball over three times a game like Gardner did.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Good thing Rudock has only turned it over twice.

Michigan's line seems like the bigger issue, Rudock is going to get murdered like Gardener did.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan's line seems like the bigger issue, Rudock is going to get murdered like Gardener did.

Yes. Rudock has thrown basically 4 bad passes all night. That's fine. Not great, but not bad. Line is a big concern. I'm hoping it's just Utah having a good front 7.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yes. Rudock has thrown basically 4 bad passes all night. That's fine. Not great, but not bad. Line is a big concern. I'm hoping it's just Utah having a good front 7.

I think the offense will improve over time and they'll win like 7-8 games. They have some shit opponents the next few weeks.