• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
oldie but goodie

@GuyIncognito

2yypf80.jpg

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The love for Doc Rivers always never made sense.

Wasn't Boston close to running him out of town or at least wasn't happy with him until they traded for Allen/ticket?

evil1

Remember when the USA Olympic team was trying to reclaim the gold in men's basketball after years of disappointment? The rolled through everyone until the gold medal round where Spain gave them a tight game. There was significant concern about how the US team would react to such a situation and who would take over for the US.

NML

The love for Doc Rivers always never made sense.

Wasn't Boston close to running him out of town or at least wasn't happy with him until they traded for Allen/ticket?

Well he was the corch when they had, what I believe, was the longest losing streak in team history.

I think coaches in general are overstated in their influence, and Doc is no exception. That said, he handled the big three well - not just personalities, but how they fit within one system (a system that many have tried to duplicate). He drew up quite a few game-winners on the whiteboard too.

That's more than most coaches in the league.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
When McGrady asked Robert Horry of he could have one of his 7 rings, Horry responded "nah brah, you gotta earn it"

Tmac had the I eat ass face after that

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Assuming Golden State beats Memphis, this is how the West seedings look, regardless what Portland does against Denver:

1. Golden State
8. Houston

2. San Antonio
7. Memphis

3. Oklahoma City
6. Dallas

4. Clippers
5. Portland

If Memphis somehow wins, they will be 6th and Dallas 7th.

Crazy ending to the season in the East with a 4-way tie for 3rd, going down to the 3rd tiebreaker to separate them:

1. Cleveland
8. Detroit

2. Toronto
7. Indiana

3. Miami
6. Charlotte

4. Atlanta
5. Boston

NML

And God please give me LAC and OKC. Trollolololol

C's will probably get by Atlanta, then lose in six to Cleveland. They are built for the playoffs doe so who knows? They might have the best chance of stopping Cleveland just because they have a ton of different people/looks they can throw at Lebron defensively.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
And God please give me LAC and OKC. Trollolololol

incredibly slim chance the WCF is anything but Warriors-Spurs. the best version of OKC (which we've only seen in spurts this season) would have to show up for the whole SA series to even make it close, while the Warriors would have to lose Curry, Thompson, and Green for the rest of the playoffs for the Clippers to have a chance.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Here's my take on Kobe. I was a college freshman when he was a rookie, and I remember him jacking up airballs with the game on the line, challenging MJ in the All-star game, and just being a cocky shit.

But, he was my cocky shit, because he brought some swagger and a competitive attitude back to a Lakers franchise that was fair-to-good in the years after the Bulls beat them in '91. Eddie Jones, Van Exel, and Ced Ceballos were OK, but it kind of sucked and it was a let-down after the Showtime years.

Peak Kobe had the athleticism of a well-above-average player, but the competitive drive of one of the all-time greats. This drive also meant he was a selfish asshole generally, and almost certainly raped at least one person criminally. I know a lot of people can't look past that, and to be honest, I don't blame those that do.

Those teams with him, Shaq, and Fisher, among others, will always be some of my favorite sports moments, both because of where I was with my relationship with sports, and because there was a time where you KNEW he would get the last shot, and it seemed like it always went in. I liked that he lost as much as he did (that Boston rout in the finals comes to mind), too. He really was a classic heel.

I will say, though, that should any of you non-LA fans ever be in a position where someone like Kobe puts on your team's uniform, you will spam videos in tribute as well, because having one of the all-time greats spend his entire career with your team and will it to new heights is one of the great benefits of being a sports fan.

nbalakersfan_medium.gif

FOR LIFE!!!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I never really liked Kobe and wasn't a Laker fan, but man those Kobe, Shaq, Harper, Horry teams were pretty fun to watch. Shaq was such a beast back then. It was kind of easy to transition to watching them post-MJ since Phil was there, he brought Harper and they had that same arrogance.

:laughing: Nick Van Exel was the shit though.