• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
lol Dallas so shook by the Thudner. Anderson madpants, one load off his mind is the fact that his season is over so no immediate suspension :laughing:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
now we have to wait until Saturday for the first game against San Antonio.

not like it matters, doe. :oklahoma:gonna get wiped off the face of da earf by naders tomorrow anyway

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
VMizrzp.gif

evil1

I've said it before, RUSS plays as if a basketball rim murdered his parents when he was a kid and he has been exacting his revenge ever since.

Just saw highlights from the press conference. I like pissed off Kevin Durant.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Austin Rivers having to save the Clippers after his dad paid him would be hilarious to see.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
For a first round shitfest, I like how fired up Thudner got.

Durant on Cuban: "He's an idiot. He's an idiot. He's an idiot. Next question."

RUSS on Villanueva talking: "Yeah, he said a lot. But now he gets to go home and do whatever he needs to do to get ready for next year to sit down and watch 82 more games like he did this year."

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm happy westbrook is finally imprinting on the team. Took them long enough to follow but better late than never

NML

Holy shit no sports team has become as unlikable as OKC.

Can you imagine the OUTRAGE here if CP3 or Harden told fans to shut the fuck up?

And apparently Mak wants to fuck Westbrook now?

And he didn't say a word to your wife, bitch. If he did, she wouldn't be your wife anymore.

Can't wait for Durant to walk this summer, Westbrook to become the new Gilbert Arenas, and OKC to miss out on the playoffs for a decade while they pay Kanter $18 million for 20 minutes a night.

GuyIncognito

I get mad at CP3 because he's a pussy, not because he cusses.

I don't think Durant will walk this summer. There's no reason he shouldn't stick around another year at least.

NML

I get mad at CP3 because he's a pussy, not because he cusses.

Rip move doe

I don't think Durant will walk this summer. There's no reason he shouldn't stick around another year at least.

Has any star ever signed a one year deal? That has zero chance of happening.

He could've signed an extension any time in the past year, and didn't. He gone

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I see nothing wrong with what Russ said to that guy

those people are the worst

Just because you are seated that close to the players, doesnt give you some right to engage with them. Now if they (the players) are high fiving folks, thats one thing, but just b/c they are the visiting team, that gives you no right to disrespect them

then you wanna get all in ya feelings when they say something back to you

fuck that guy

GuyIncognito

He can sign a two year deal with a player option for the second year.

the path of least resistance and most money is simple: Durant could sign a one-year contract with a player option for a second season to stay in Oklahoma City.

Under current NBA salary rules, a player’s maximum contract varies based on NBA experience. With nine years in the league, Durant will be eligible for the middle tier this summer — 30% of the salary cap, which still comes in at a large amount thanks to the cap spike. However, [BCOLOR=rgb(252, 252, 255)]like LaMarcus Aldridge could have last summer[/BCOLOR], the 2013-14 NBA MVP can secure a substantially larger contract by playing out his 10th NBA season to reach the 35% tier. That motivation strengthens because of the expectation that the salary cap will substantially increase again in 2017 — and the discussion of larger max contracts under a renegotiated Collective Bargaining Agreement that could take effect next summer.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-new...1-contract-thunder-warriors-russell-westbrook

GuyIncognito

I see nothing wrong with what Russ said to that guy

those people are the worst

Just because you are seated that close to the players, doesnt give you some right to engage with them. Now if they (the players) are high fiving folks, thats one thing, but just b/c they are the visiting team, that gives you no right to disrespect them

then you wanna get all in ya feelings when they say something back to you

fuck that guy

Exactly. I think what RUSS said is exactly right if you're sitting in those seats. Enjoy the game. Shut the fuck up.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, no one's ever signed a one-year contract because we haven't seen the cap go up in stages like it will the next couple of years. Can't really use the past as an example.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I understand his pain. This morning at 2am I had to get up because my money was up and crying and my nearly limitless free time was barking like crazy.

But remember on the money thing, NML pulled a dirt x 10.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Im still not sure where Durant would walk to.

Washington missed the playoffs... Houston is a dumpster fire.. GS is an option but that would take some flexibility to make that money work and honestly Im not sure hed really fit there.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I think Westbrook is more likely to leave than Durant. I know it's expected to hear these kinds of things as long as the guy lives here, but apparently Durant really likes living in OKC. He's a pretty chill guy and this is a chill city. Not saying that either one or both of them will stay for sure, but that's just what I've heard.

Whatever happens, I'm still going to be a Thudner fan and support the team. And RUSS, wherever he goes, because he's RUSS, goddammit.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
There's a season ticket holder at the Wizards who is maybe 10-12 rows back toward the visitor bench who spends the ENTIRE game yelling inane and obscure referential things at like the 6th man of any given team. It's admirable and funny for maybe 3 minutes before you wish the player would venture into the stands and tear his head off, but I'd settle for ushers telling him to shut the fuck up.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Has any star ever signed a one year deal? That has zero chance of happening.

He could've signed an extension any time in the past year, and didn't. He gone
LeBron has the last the last two years and it's a good idea with the CBA potentially changing max deals...

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I think Westbrook is more likely to leave than Durant. I know it's expected to hear these kinds of things as long as the guy lives here, but apparently Durant really likes living in OKC. He's a pretty chill guy and this is a chill city. Not saying that either one or both of them will stay for sure, but that's just what I've heard.

Whatever happens, I'm still going to be a Thudner fan and support the team. And RUSS, wherever he goes, because he's RUSS, goddammit.
I wish I could find the clip from the playoffs acouple years ago where Ibaka said he loved Okahoma City because there was nothing to do but work on basketball.
@OU11 i know you remember that