• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

Hike

güero
John Fox to Altanta. Mike Smith to Denver. Jack Del Rio to Oakland. Todd Bowles to Chicago. Dan Quinn to NY Jets. DONE DEAL.

Edit: And, Gus Malzahn to San Francisco.

Niner fans are excited that Roman is leaving to be OC with the Bills. Excitement will be temepered when ownership makes shitty HC hire.

Hike

güero
Leading candidate is Adam Gase. LOL.

None of the names associated with the search have excited me. At least I read that McDaniels is probably just going to stay in New England.

Going after a DC makes no sense to me since they have Fangio in house. All signs currently point to disaster

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Things heard on Denver sports talk this afternoon:
  • John Fox didn't approve of the Broncos' offensive gameplan
  • Broncos should have gone 70/30 run/pass
  • Broncos should move on from Manning, even if he wants to come back
:laughing: Love it.

Reactions: Wuf

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No, because despite the fact they haven't won a Super Bowl in a while, New England is still the last real "dynasty" that the NFL has had. And they are the coach and team that everybody else in the league roots against. It would be fun to take all of those titles away from them in one fell swoop.
I like the Pats.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The Denver meltdown has been awesome. Broncos fans are such entitled pieces of shit. Blow it up, baby.

It reminds me so much of the Plummer situation. Or even the Tebow situation. When you bring someone in and they vastly exceed expectations you can either be thankful or you can subsequently increase your expectations to the point that the player/coach who did so exceeded expectations can no longer meet them. That's being a fickle cunt of a fan.

When Jake Plummer was brought in the expectations were that he'd be a serviceable guy until the next franchise QB came along. Based on those expectations, If you told Denver fans that only Tom Brady would have a hire winning percentage during Plummer's tenure and that he'd lead Denver to the AFC Championship game, You would say he's an astounding success. Denver fans ran him out of their city.

When Tebow was drafted late in the first round, if you told Denver fans he'd lead them to an AFC west championship and a Divisional playoff round game in his first season as a starter, they would say he's the next Franchise QB. Nope, Tebow sucked and needed to be run out of town.

When John Fox, leaving a 2-14 Carolina team was hired by 4-12 Denver, he was a stopgap corch at best. If you told Denver fans at that point that Fox would lead them to 4 straight divisional round playoff and a Super Bowl, you'd assume that they would have renamed major city streets after him and built him a statue. NOPE, failed to live up to the expectations of excellence demanded by DENVER FANS.

Was talking to someone at work and he says "He lost 3 out of 4 divisional round playoff games, including 2 at home. That just isn't good enough." Completely ignoring the fact that even fucking MAKING the divisional round of the playoffs 4 seasons in a row is a fucking awesome accomplishment. "Look, going 46-18 and leading the team to 4 straight division titles and at least the Divisional round of the playoffs 4 straight years might be good enough for some people, but NOT DENVER." How quickly they forget going 4-12 (and they only got 4 wins instead of 2 because of late season Tebow Heroics).

Nobody understands how hard it is to win the Super Bowl, even if you MAKE the divisional round of the playoffs. At that point you've got 8 of the best teams left in football and each game is essentially a coin flip (even if the outcome looks lopsided, the teams are more even than you think). Even if you are the #1 seed, winning the super bowl is at best about 1/6 to 1/4 odds from the Divisional round (1/4 odds would correspond to approximately 63% chance of winning each individual game). That means that a fair expectation for super bowl wins, for even the most elite team in football history with 4 straight divisional appearances is 1 win. If Denver went to the divisional round 8 straight times and didn't have a Super Bowl win, it wouldn't even really be BAD luck, just slightly less than average luck (like New England has had the last decade). People are mongs.

I don't even like John Fox as a corch, but these mongs are making me defend him.

NOW GET PEYTON MANNING OUT OF HERE, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Last edited:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Denver can definitely do better than John Fox, but will they? Probably not.

But you right Travis, Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl in 10 years, does that mean Belichick lost a step? Absolutely not

I'm answering my own questions this morning trog style

It reminds me so much of the Plummer situation. Was talking to someone at work and he says "He lost 3 out of 4 divisional round playoff games, including 2 at home. That just isn't good enough." Completely ignoring the fact that even fucking MAKING the divisional round of the playoffs 4 seasons in a row is a fucking awesome accomplishment. "Look, going 46-18 and leading the team to 4 straight division titles and at least the Divisional round of the playoffs 4 straight years might be good enough for some people, but NOT DENVER." How quickly they forget going 4-12 (and they only got 4 wins instead of 2 because of late season Tebow Heroics).

Nobody understands how hard it is to win the Super Bowl, even if you MAKE the divisional round of the playoffs. At that point you've got 8 of the best teams left in football and each game is essentially a coin flip (even if the outcome looks lopsided, the teams are more even than you think). Even if you are the #1 seed, winning the super bowl is at best about 1/6 to 1/4 odds from the Divisional round (1/4 odds would correspond to approximately 63% chance of winning each individual game). That means that a fair expectation for super bowl wins, for even the most elite team in football history with 4 straight divisional appearances is 1 win. If Denver went to the divisional round 8 straight times and didn't have a Super Bowl win, it wouldn't even really be BAD luck, just slightly less than average luck (like New England has had the last decade). People are mongs.

I don't even like John Fox as a corch, but these mongs are making me defend him.

Jim Kelly likes this.

Hike

güero
It reminds me so much of the Plummer situation. Or even the Tebow situation. When you bring someone in and they vastly exceed expectations you can either be thankful or you can subsequently increase your expectations to the point that the player/coach who did so exceeded expectations can no longer meet them. That's being a fickle cunt of a fan.

When Jake Plummer was brought in the expectations were that he'd be a serviceable guy until the next franchise QB came along. Based on those expectations, If you told Denver fans that only Tom Brady would have a hire winning percentage during Plummer's tenure and that he'd lead Denver to the AFC Championship game, You would say he's an astounding success. Denver fans ran him out of their city.

When Tebow was drafted late in the first round, if you told Denver fans he'd lead them to an AFC west championship and a Divisional playoff round game in his first season as a starter, they would say he's the next Franchise QB. Nope, Tebow sucked and needed to be run out of town.

When John Fox, leaving a 2-14 Carolina team was hired by 4-12 Denver, he was a stopgap corch at best. If you told Denver fans at that point that Fox would lead them to 4 straight divisional round playoff and a Super Bowl, you'd assume that they would have renamed major city streets after him and built him a statue. NOPE, failed to live up to the expectations of excellence demanded by DENVER FANS.

Was talking to someone at work and he says "He lost 3 out of 4 divisional round playoff games, including 2 at home. That just isn't good enough." Completely ignoring the fact that even fucking MAKING the divisional round of the playoffs 4 seasons in a row is a fucking awesome accomplishment. "Look, going 46-18 and leading the team to 4 straight division titles and at least the Divisional round of the playoffs 4 straight years might be good enough for some people, but NOT DENVER." How quickly they forget going 4-12 (and they only got 4 wins instead of 2 because of late season Tebow Heroics).

NOW GET PEYTON MANNING OUT OF HERE, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I could change a few names and substitute San Francisco for Denver and it would still be pretty accurate. Fans complain about Greg Roman (yes the offense was underwhelming this season) but how quickly they forget the Jimmy Raye season. Now that was horseshit. Ten years of garbage then three years in the NFC championship game but it's all a failure because they didn't complete the "Quest for Six" Oh, and it sounds more likely that Fangio is gone too.

Sayo is also a Saints fan

DwzMOrK.gif

I would post, but those two have already made all the relevant points about Denver fans. These idiot Bronco fans are going to be hating life next year with @Brock as their QB and whomever ends up as Horse Face's handpicked corch.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The Broncos will only win me over if they enlist a neckbearded quarterback. Kyle Orton comeback!?

He is also gone once your 3rd rd game manager eats half your cap. The only reason you are where you are is because Wilson plays for peanuts. Bart Scott for the dismantling.

Oh, so you are saying that the salary cap is pro parity and makes it hard to build a reel dynasty.

This is ground-breaking stuff. I'm riveted.

Do you have a newsletter?

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Oh, so you are saying that the salary cap is pro parity and makes it hard to build a reel dynasty.

This is ground-breaking stuff. I'm riveted.

Do you have a newsletter?

Im saying wilson isnt worth a huge contract. He got where he is with a gr8 defense and running game, but you now have to sacrifice both to overpay his hyped up ass. Have we discussed this before? I don't see anyone else claiming Wilson is overrated.

Im saying wilson isnt worth a huge contract. He got where he is with a gr8 defense and running game, but you now have to sacrifice both to overpay his hyped up ass. Have we discussed this before? I don't see anyone else claiming Wilson is overrated.

Going to be tough to keep Wilson and Lynch fo sho. Tough situation and you hate to have to make the call, but the decision itself is obvious and easy. Beast is awesome, but he will be 29 next season and has carried the ball over 350 times three seasons in a row (if you include playoff carries).

Keeping Wilson won't hamper the defense in the least. Schneider has this cap thing pretty well figured out.

The biggest question is whether the Hawks keep Byron Maxwell or Bruce Irvin. Seems like they are leaning towards the latter, since Schneider/Carroll can scout and develop DBs so well.