• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Tailback U

I've only closely been watching him the last 2 games but Steven Adams is so bad. He is constantly out of position on defense has no offensive skills.

He constantly half asses his way to help double but gets caught in between his guy and the guy with the ball time and time again. He just floats around and then gets a rebound if they miss the shot.

I know he is young and plays hard but to me he is a liability against the Spurs, to me.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Why is Ibaka so terrible now?

I wouldn't call him terrible, but he has regressed in a number of areas. I think Perkins made him a lot better on defense, and last year with all of the injury problems, especially Durant missing most of the season, seems like it caused him to focus more on being a spot-up shooter from mid- and long-range instead of working on post moves.

sayo

YEET
Lillard makes such tough off balance threes. So sick.

Also i think his in n out pull up might be the best in the league.
He's the next best thing next to Curry at pulling up off the dribble. I wish more people watched portland cause it seems like he gets no love.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I've only closely been watching him the last 2 games but Steven Adams is so bad. He is constantly out of position on defense has no offensive skills.

He constantly half asses his way to help double but gets caught in between his guy and the guy with the ball time and time again. He just floats around and then gets a rebound if they miss the shot.

I know he is young and plays hard but to me he is a liability against the Spurs, to me.

San Antonio does that to everyone. Adams has progressed quite a bit this year and is arguably OKC's most consistent player in this postseason. He's great on the boards and usually good on defense, although these past two games he hasn't been as effective. Game 2 he was a monster.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I mean, Adams had 16 points and 11 rebounds tonight. To me, doesn't really scream "so bad" to me.

Durantula: 17 4th quarter points
Spurs: 16 4th quarter points

RUSS: 15 assists
Spurs: 12 assists

Spurs only hit 2 out of 12 threes, and both were honestly pure luck. Duncan was also held scoreless in a postseason game for the first time in his career.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Thudner did all they needed to do to claw back in this series, think they'll lose the next two but glad they ain't goin out like bitch maids

Tailback U

He's the next best thing next to Curry at pulling up off the dribble. I wish more people watched portland cause it seems like he gets no love.

Lilliard gets like 3 feet off the ground on his jump shot. He's got crazy spring.

Adams 16 pts and 11 boards don't impress me. Those 16 pts are all lay ups, dunks, or put backs largely because Westbrook was getting doubled. Most of his rebounds just came to him because he is bigger than everyone and just floats around the key on defense not guarding anyone.

But I do agree the Spurs are making him look worse than he is because of how well they can shoot. Still, he needs to be more decisive. Either go double and stop the guy driving or stay on your man who is going to knock the shot down. Can't get caught so many times playing monkey in the middle.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Adams 16 pts and 11 boards don't impress me. Those 16 pts are all lay ups, dunks, or put backs

Isn't that how most 7-footers score? haha

I'm not saying he's a phenomenal player by any means, just saying that calling him "so bad" is INAKRIT. Plus his mustache rocks.

Tailback U

Isn't that how most 7-footers score? haha

I'm not saying he's a phenomenal player by any means, just saying that calling him "so bad" is INAKRIT. Plus his mustache rocks.

Yeah I applaud his ability to finish by the hoop but think Kanter and Ibaka should both get more time.

Yeah I was in the heat of the moment after watching him stand in between Leonard and Aldridge 3 times in a row. He's not terrible...just think Kanter and Ibaka may be more helpful than him in this series.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
They all have their usefulness in certain situations. Ibaka historically has been a Spurs killer on both offense and defense, but Aldridge just destoys him for some reason. Was the case when he was in Portland, too. LMA seems to shoot better when he has a hand in his face, which blows my mind. Kanter has gotten better on defense this season, but he's still a little slow to make switches/recover. But he absolutely devours rebounds and has some range to his offensive game. Adams is a bruiser and is usually pretty good at knowing when to double and switch over, but he hasn't been as good at it the past two games. He also has great chemistry with RUSS on pick and rolls.

evil1

They all have their usefulness in certain situations. Ibaka historically has been a Spurs killer on both offense and defense, but Aldridge just destoys him for some reason. Was the case when he was in Portland, too.

Aldridge is simply bigger than Ibaka. He can get to his preferred spot in the post and just shoot over the top. Adams is taller and a bit bigger which allows him to push Aldridge a little further out and force him into slightly tougher shots.

Should OKC win and go to the next round, Ibaka will probably have a more important role because he matches up better, comparatively speaking, against Green.

zoltan

that fool adams is always in the right place at the right time on offense it seems.

wtf is defense

Brick

I was a huge rip city fan until I moved. Rooting against them these days because of the Lillard inferiority complex and that John canzano fucking douche

Brick

thunder is my least favorite sports team of all time. just over Wisconsin basketball team last year. next

kingssc

Was laughing at the Portland fans chanting MVP at Dame as he's shooting 25% from the field while the two-time reigning MVP is on the floor. Shut them up in OT

Tailback U

Golden state didn't even play well... They weren't passing or moving the ball, we're getting beat on D and leaving guys wide open, and we're turning the ball over carelessly every time they were just about to get something going.

I thought Portland played better until the 4th and OT when they started to fall apart and curry got his groove back.

Also that officiating was embarrassing for the nba. That one short white ref with the crew cut always has a chip on his shoulder seems like.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Blazers down 3-1, if there is such a thing as a parallel universe Blazers would be up 3-1 haha. If not for shitting their pants at the ends of game 2 and 4 it's not hard to see if we're being honest. credit to GSW for finishing those games but Portland put themselves in position and let it slip away.

This team isn't even supposed to be here doe so it's alright. House money. I'd like to see the Blazers put up a fight and win game 5, but I have a feeling the Blazers can see the writing on the wall. They missed their chance.

Brick

alright, after this past page, blow up the DUBS and blazers too. fuck it. spurzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

if i hear another "DONT KNOW A KNEE BETTURRR HOUSE MONEY" thing about grown ass men making millions of dollars...is this a jv varsity scrimmage? this guy is worse than matt walsh

sayo

YEET
alright, after this past page, blow up the DUBS and blazers too. fuck it. spurzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

if i hear another "DONT KNOW A KNEE BETTURRR HOUSE MONEY" thing about grown ass men making millions of dollars...is this a jv varsity scrimmage? this guy is worse than matt walsh

People censoring themselves. Especially "ass". My mom does this shit on Facebook.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
People censoring themselves. Especially "ass". My mom does this shit on Facebook.
This could easily go into the Little Things That Piss You Off thread. The best way to censor yourself is to use different words altogether. The asterisks are some cop out bullshit.