• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

PSUEagle

MOAR BORTLES WATCH

Just watched all of his snaps: you can see serious flashes of why a lot of talent evaluators were high on him.

Bortles had some really impressive moments to me:

-1st Drive: perfectly placed a high seam ball to his tightly covered TE off a 5 step drop where only his guy could get it. Even better, he looked off the FS before coming back: that was outstanding
-1st Drive: another great ball on 3rd and 6 on a Stick Nod route
-3rd Drive: nice job hitting the deep over to his TE off the bootleg
-3rd Drive: 3rd & Goal. Jags are running a mirrored concept from trips where the #1 (outside) WR to each side runs a dig to the back end line while the slot receivers and back run short hooks right at the goal line. Even though this was incomplete, it was my favorite play of his on the night. Bortles looked to the trips side for the short hooks, then calmly reset his feet and came to the backside dig, throwing a nice ball that his WR frankly needs to catch
-5th Drive: Lions bring pressure on 3rd and medium, sending a five man blitz with Cover 2 Trap behind it. They cover up his receivers initially, but he does a nice job of avoiding the defender and stepping up to his left. And the thing I like is that even though he ends up running for the 1st, you can see him looking downfield to pass before he does

There's a lot of little things he's doing that are very encouraging. For instance, he's done great this preseason using hard counts. His footwork also looks cleaner and he looks calmer: I've seen him get to his second and third receivers a few times which is something he struggled with last year. And he's being judicious about when to run (3rd down when the Lions were in 2 Man Under) along with not putting the ball in harms way.

That said, I think you have to be reasonable in your expectations. One if the things that helped him is that his first read seemed to be there more often than not, especially on 3rd and medium stuff (shallow crosses): most QB's will look good in those situations. Plus I think the Lions defense is going to be pretty bad now that they don't have Suh and Fairly wreaking havoc.

Side Note: the Lions might be the most predictable NFL team I've seen the last couple years when it comes to what they do on offense. I could tell exactly what they were about to do based on formation, splits, motion, and personnel at least half the time. Very unimpressed with Joe Lombardi so far: apple fell very far from the tree there IMO.

Aaron Murray time got a series with the first team. Will play all second half. @PSUEagle

He did some nice things: had a lot of good moments. Was accurate, hit a couple deeper throws, looked athletic, etc. Andy looks like he has someone he can develop there.

My two main concerns were his arm strength along with him being too quick to checkdown when his first look wasn't there.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Joe Lombardi is a fucking fraud. It's embarrassing. He's like a 12 year old picking plays in Madden

ZackMills

Have mercy
@Edwerderespn
One #NFL source who knows #Washington GM Scot McCloughan well says he's determined to change team culture and must move on from @RGIII

dwight-schrute-celebration-jump.gif

Heisman06

Ryan Tannehill has completed 80% of his passss this preseason while accumulating an 121 passer rating. Granted he stays healthy, I'm expecting 10-11 wins behind a stout defense and fast-paced offense. Lot of buzz around this team. Which means it likely blows up in our face... Because Dolphins.

R2D2

Ryan Tannehill has completed 80% of his passss this preseason while accumulating an 121 passer rating. Granted he stays healthy, I'm expecting 10-11 wins behind a stout defense and fast-paced offense. Lot of buzz around this team. Which means it likely blows up in our face... Because Dolphins.

Could easily win the AFC East this year. I think the Patriots might take a step back.

PSUEagle

One thing I'm noticing a ton of this preseason: teams are running a lot more toss crack plays than I've seen in a long time.

Interested in seeing if that trend holds up once the real games start.

R2D2

Bills name QB Tyrod Taylor the starter against the Colts in Week 1. His last start? January 3rd, 2011 when his Virginia Tech Hokies took on the Andrew Luck led Stanford Cardinals in the Orange Bowl.

Brick

tyrod taylor is the perfect starter for a rex ryan team. i give him 3 years before he gets fired and is hired by the cowboys because charisma.

PSUEagle

Redskins GM’s wife posts vulgar tweet about ESPN reporter, then apologizes

By Ryan Lazo
September 2, 2015 | 10:40pm

Apparently the dysfunction within the Redskins organization is not confined to those employed by the team, but also family members of those who are.
In a tweet sent out earlier this week, Jessica McCloughan, the wife of Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan, asked ESPN reporter Dianna Russini if she used unorthodox methods in order to obtain information which led to her exclusively breaking the news of Kirk Cousins being named the Redskins starter for the 2015 season.
“Please tell us how many BJ's to get this story. And did they laugh at you before or after,” the tweet said.
McCloughan apologized Wednesday evening for the vulgar tweet.
“I deeply apologize for the disparaging remarks about an ESPN reporter on my personal Twitter account. The comment was unfounded and inappropriate, and I have the utmost respect for both the reporter and ESPN,” she said in a statement released by the Redskins. “I regret that my actions have brought undeserved negative attention to the Redskins organization and its leadership.
“My comments in no way reflect the opinions or attitudes of the organization, and I regret that my behavior has in any way negatively impacted the team and its loyal fan base.”
The tweet in question came from a private account which meant only people who could have seen McCloughan’s comments are people she approved of. Nevertheless, a screen grab of her tweet began making the rounds on the Internet early Wednesday.
ESPN responded to the controversy with a statement of its own, supporting Russini who was hired by the company in May.
“Dianna is an excellent reporter who should never have to be subjected to such vulgar comments,” the statement read. “We are obviously disappointed by today’s developments.”
McCloughan’s tweet follows a recent bad string of publicity surrounding the Redskins. First, quarterback Robert Griffin III was medically cleared of concussion symptoms and participate in the team’s third preseason game before the team reversing course and insisting he did, indeed, suffer a concussion.
Then, RG3’s official Instagram page liked a page which eviscerated the Redskins’ ownership, and the way it has treated the quarterback. Griffin later put up his own Instagram post, claiming to set the record straight.
“I just wanted to set the record straight on this one,” he wrote. “I did not ‘like’ that IG post ridiculing our team. I have not been social media active consistently for awhile now and am ultra-focused on working to get back on the field, and trying to help this team win. … One of our interns who helps with Instagram liked the post.”
Liking posts, delivering vulgar messages and misdiagnosing a franchise quarterback has turned the Redskins into a reality TV show.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/02/redski...ar-tweet-about-espn-reporter-then-apologizes/

The Lady

scot-mccoughlin.jpg

S

Sink

Damn it, was really hoping that wouldn't happen until after my drafts. And because I hate Brady and the Patriots.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
My new favorite team is the Redskins. On a day to day entertainment and schadenfreude perspective, they simply cannot be beat. Maybe next they can hire Jose Mourinho as their coach.

Russini is actually really good. Her SOURCES routinely proved to be correct when she was at NBC4.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I knew a lot of Redskin fans growing up since that was the designated NC team before the Panthers came into play into 95. I think they deserve this.

evil1

The judge does not dispute that the balls were intentionally deflated or that Brady knew that the equipment guys deflated the balls. However, the judge said that the appeal should be lifted, in part, because Brady didn't know that doing so would result in a suspension.

In other words,

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
He does take some potshots at the "generally aware" standard the Wells report used, but yeah, he didn't dispute any of the facts. Goodell is probably firing some lawyers this morning.