• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

Wolfman21

Hornets lose to a celtics team with no kyrie, no horford and no white guy that got injured in game 1. Held a 10-15 pt lead into the 4th quarter where they went 9 minutes and scored 5 points to blow it. Fuckin pathetic

CJ_24

Lonzo still gotta
FearTheDeerTee2.jpg
doe

evil1

What impressed me about Lonzo's game was that he also had 3 steals and 4 blocks to go along with his triple double.

NML

What impressed me most about Lonzo's game is that his team still lost by 8.

You just made that same joke...

It's not Lonzo's fault the lakers are terrible. They have no one who can even kind of run the offense outside of him. They lead the nba in turnovers. On a per 36 basis, they have THIRTEEN PLAYERS averaging over two turnovers a game. Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson average four each

I don't watch them enough to know if that's a lack of talent or corching, but neither of it is Lonzo's fault.

He still can't shoot doe

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I still can't get over his face. Looks like those pro clubs players that pubers try to make as weird as possible

CJ_24

You just made that same joke...

It's not Lonzo's fault the lakers are terrible. They have no one who can even kind of run the offense outside of him. They lead the nba in turnovers. On a per 36 basis, they have THIRTEEN PLAYERS averaging over two turnovers a game. Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson average four each

I don't watch them enough to know if that's a lack of talent or corching, but neither of it is Lonzo's fault.

He still can't shoot doe

First, it's not the same joke. The first post is directed to the fact that Milwaukee won. The second post points out that, regardless of who the opponent was, and regardless of what Mr. Ball achieved individually, his team still lost.

Second, to me, the latter point is more important, to me. Because I think it's kind of silly to fawn all over individual achievements to the point that we forget the outcome of the game. Mr. Ball had a triple-double, that's nice, but his team still lost. What's more important, becoming the youngest player to have a triple-double, or winning the game? It should be the former, because that's the entire point of playing the game, but based on the emphasis so many people on individual stats, I imagine most folks would say the latter is more important.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
First, it's not the same joke. The first post is directed to the fact that Milwaukee won. The second post points out that, regardless of who the opponent was, and regardless of what Mr. Ball achieved individually, his team still lost.

Second, to me, the latter point is more important, to me. Because I think it's kind of silly to fawn all over individual achievements to the point that we forget the outcome of the game. Mr. Ball had a triple-double, that's nice, but his team still lost. What's more important, becoming the youngest player to have a triple-double, or winning the game? It should be the former, because that's the entire point of playing the game, but based on the emphasis so many people on individual stats, I imagine most folks would say the latter is more important.

<herm-Edwards-win-the-game.youtube>

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
But but, boogie looks so unhappy, he looks miserable.

STFU Simmons

Too bad the pels lost a game where jrue fucking holiday was the leading scorer for his team lol. Who saw that coming.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Apologies if I'm less than super impressed by a guy barely getting a triple double who is his team's only good player and has the ball in his hands the entire game.

Wolfman21

I think you dont have a full grasp on the "former/latter" concept

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You talking about Ball? He isn't even the Lakers' best rookie lol.

He is their #1 pg and according to Lakers fans (or at least bruin) the 2nd coming of christ so

dirt

Trolltalitarian
who was the kid that broke is leg at the beginning of the year last year on the erz? early round pick iirc...

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Randle

and depending on your fandom, you might think Randle is on his way to perennial AS appearances

or he might just be one of the worst hyped Kentucky big men to come outta that program. He's decent, but still struggles on defense imo.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I might just become a Nuggets fan. Hornets are eternally meh and Jokic is so hawt right now

evil1

The Lakers actually have a good core of young players.

They have six players 25 years old or younger who averaging over 11 pts/game and also give decent rebounding or defense. This does not include Lonzo Ball. While they have several "good" young players, none of them are "great" players now and it is uncertain whether any of them are future All Star caliber players.

NML

The Lakers actually have a good core of young players.

They have six players 25 years old or younger who averaging over 11 pts/game and also give decent rebounding or defense. This does not include Lonzo Ball. While they have several "good" young players, none of them are "great" players now and it is uncertain whether any of them are future All Star caliber players.