• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

Kyle just drove determined. Chase drove like he didnt want to mess up. Maybe he will learn to drive like kyle did today. Maybe he wont. But they dont hand you wins like that often and he fucking blew it. 4.5 second lead with 38 to go and you lose it. Pathetic

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Unexpected news: F1 will be on ESPN next year. 16 of the 21 races on espn2

Friday practice? Qualifying?

Edit: Found the race schedule:

screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-9-29-26-am-1507123781.png

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Ugh. NBCSN was doing well with coverage.

After American company Liberty Media bought F1 for $8 billion in 2016, Forbes reported that its CEO, Greg Maffei, called the more than $3 million fee paid by NBC for an F1 television deal a “popcorn fart.” That, in plain english, meant it was hardly worth the effort. He also seemed unhappy that a majority of races aired on NBC Sports Network rather than the main NBC channel......Also, interestingly, Sports Business Daily reported on the deal and said ESPN is not believed to be paying a rights fee for the programming and will instead “rely on a world feed to carry the races.” The report didn’t confirm the fee statement, saying neither side would comment on the financials of the deal.

DAMNIT!!!!!!

Maffei doesn't understand that $3 million is more than 0. He must live in a world where 6 times 8 does not equal 48.

https://blackflag.jalopnik.com/formula-one-will-move-to-espn-next-year-1819135364

:laughing::thumbsup::(

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Here's my next shirt design. If Mike Curb wasn't still alive, I would have put his name on there instead of it being blocked out, lol. Not 100% done, but mostly.
1980car.jpg

Wolfman21

Lmao, how the fuck did hamlin go from 6th to 2nd while taking 4 tires on that last stop? No fuckin way they got all the lugs. That type of move would requre a sub 11 second pit and damn near a sub 10 sec pit

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Chase needs to learn to stick to the inside on plate tracks.

Even when he took the lead late, I knew he'd shoot right back to the outside, and get passed on the inside. Sure enough.

Iron

Larson blows a motor at Kansas, and thanks to the France random.org one-race determines the whole season championship, his run for a title is done.

Iron

Matt Kenseth's NASCAR career (probably) just ended on his team sending 7 members over the wall instead of 6, and he gets DQ'd from the race.

Wolfman21

Larson blows a motor at Kansas, and thanks to the France random.org one-race determines the whole season championship, his run for a title is done.

To be honest, in the old format everyone wants to return to, hed likely be out of the championship by now as well.

The only one that has room to complain about the system this season if they dont win is truex. Hed been done run away with this shit in the old system

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
It could happen. Then you'd see a change next year where you HAVE to win a race in order to qualify for the Chase. Then someone will score a top 5 in every race, and get left out for some scrub who won at Talladega. Then they'll change it again for 2019....

I have no respect for a racing series where someone could theoretically win 35 races in a row, finish 2nd in the 36th, and NOT be the series champion.

Wolfman21

It could happen. Then you'd see a change next year where you HAVE to win a race in order to qualify for the Chase. Then someone will score a top 5 in every race, and get left out for some scrub who won at Talladega. Then they'll change it again for 2019....

I have no respect for a racing series where someone could theoretically win 35 races in a row, finish 2nd in the 36th, and NOT be the series champion.

"but it happens in basketball and football..."

Iron

Chase Elliott's sudden near 2-second lead is gone due to caution, but his crew doesn't blow the pit stop

Iron

24 knocks the 2 outta the way then the 11 demo derbies the 24 for the lead

Edit: Meh, that was super dirty by Chase on the 2, but that's this format.

Wolfman21

Fuck hamlin. Theres a difference in dooring a guy in the last 4 laps and running over a guy from behind when you have no shot of making the corner. Fuck hamlin. Piece of shit took out about 20 more cars in the last corner. Fuck that motherfucker

Iron

Just saw the replay of the 11 just full throttling the 21 into the inside wall coming to the checkers and just tearing up more shit, real cool

Wolfman21

Just saw the replay of the 11 just full throttling the 21 into the inside wall coming to the checkers and just tearing up more shit, real cool

Yup. I was pointing that out to ma wife as it was happening.

Remember martinsville is hamlins home track and he got booed out of the damn track like i havent heard in some time.

Fuck that piece of shit