• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Leg Breaker was apparently turned down by MLB. @Rutgers Mike

utley.jpg

Fair. http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...han_to_wear_rutgers_t.html#incart_river_index

CJ_24

44 year-old Bartolo Colon threw a complete game against the Rangers in his last outing, and tonight he is shutting out the Brewers through 7. Eat ur heart out Tom Brady.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
@TonyGin&Juice @adchester

Royce Lewis went 4-5 with a rbi and a stolen base last night in his Cedar Rapids debut. He looked better than just about everyone else on either team, despite getting picked off at second base in the first inning :laughing:

I'm going to Target Field on Friday to get the sweet Rod "New Heart" Carew bobblehead so I'm hoping they have Lewis's shirzey in da team store. My Buxton Kernals shirt was stolen by our cat for her bed in the basement.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Angels are quietly working their way to a WC spot. (They're actually in one now) Maybe Trout can get that postseason AVG up above the mendoza line.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I'mma triple post because I haven't tested my hachi throttle lately

Walgreens says Be Well at check out

I'mma make the cashier dress like Sandra Bullock (i.e. lipo and white face) and change my name to John Spartan

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The Brain Cancer That Keeps Killing Baseball Players

PHILADELPHIA — Since Darren Daulton succumbed to brain cancer on Aug. 6, heartfelt tributes have honored the way he led a raucous Philliesteam to the World Series in 1993.
And unanswered questions have surfaced about the way he died.
Daulton and several prominent contemporaries in baseball — including at least three other Phillies who played at Veterans Stadium, the team’s home from 1971 to 2003 — have died of glioblastoma, according to news media accounts. It is considered the most aggressive and frequently diagnosed form of malignant brain tumor.
Researchers who have examined the baseball cases for years say there is insufficient evidence to determine whether they represent anything more than coincidence. Possible cancer clusters are notoriously hard to prove. Most of the time, upon rigorous examination, no cause can be identified and the cases are considered random.
“There is almost never an explanation for them,” said Timothy R. Rebbeck, a cancer epidemiologist at Harvard and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute who has studied the Phillies cases.
Still, Phillies from that era are curious, some even unnerved, about whether there is any connection between brain cancer and baseball. In particular, they wonder if there is any association with Veterans Stadium, which was built on marshland and was demolished in 2004.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
LOL @ people who think Stanton is clean.

I don't care if he shoots roids all day erry day and didn't care when Bonds and the rest of them did it, but to sit here and listen to people say that if he hits 62, he will be the real HR king is laughable. Have they seen the guy? He looks like The Rock playing baseball.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Eh maybe, I wouldn't be surprised but this is also his first time healthy for a while and he's made some changes to his swing.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Stanton always reminded me of a more athletic version of Frank Thomas. Both dudes could have suited up to play DE or TE in the NFL.

1998-Thomas-01.jpg

Wolfman21

Braves are doing a new things thats so fucking 2017 i can't stand it.

In big moments, they dim the lights, everyone brings out their cell phones, turns on the flashlight feature, and does the chop

nowitsourtime

The diamondbacks announcing team is awful. They thought Miguel Sano's 3B defense was reminiscent of Brooks Robinson. Normally they only save this hyperbole for their own players