• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2047-48 Hot Stove (SET UR ST ROSTERS, SIMMING ST FRIDAY NIGHT)

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
man, if you've been to the playoffs before, and even won a game in a series before, please stop bidding on players im trying to acquire (looking at you Vegas)

leave Lessimer (sp?) alone. Cant i have just a couple of guys on my roster that dont totally suck?

Reel

Community Liaison
question:

So, i make an offer to a guy during one sim, and by the next sim, he favors the offer, but b/c he hasnt accepted, that means thats money tied up that i cant use for other guys right? I think so, but, my question is, why cant i confirm his offer? I'm not saying this right.

let me try this, Player A during 1 sim wanted like $10M per/yr. I offer that to him, then i get the email that says, he likes the offer and if no one comes with anything better he will sign with me. The next sim, he is saying we are close to a deal, but i cant offer him anymore money b/c i have that tied up in his initial deal?

I guess what im saying is, i cant finalize his deal if i dont have money available b/c i have it tied up in other guys.

i still dont think what im trying to say is coming out right

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
In the 'pending offers' screen, if the player 'favors' the offer, you can (and perhaps should) go back to the 'offer contract' screen and resubmit the offer. I think you can increase it there if you want. Or even decrease it.

Reel

Community Liaison
In the 'pending offers' screen, if the player 'favors' the offer, you can (and perhaps should) go back to the 'offer contract' screen and resubmit the offer. I think you can increase it there if you want. Or even decrease it.

wendell knows what im talking about

but i dont have any money b/c its tied up in all the damn non committed deals

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
wendell knows what im talking about

but i dont have any money b/c its tied up in all the damn non committed deals

Yeah. I get into that spot every off-season. The only thing I know to do at that point is to wait for the smoke to clear a bit and hope no one else signs that player.

There used to be a bug where, once you resubmitted a favored offer, it magically freed up that much more cash to offer. It's as if the game was double-counting the offer. I don't see it on '16 so maybe that was fixed.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You cheat coded the free agents so they won't take a meething tho

Just kidding, you tried to fix it -- didn't work. I'm wondering if OOTP just hard codes who they won't play for at the start of F/A.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You cheat coded urself by being bad. If you won more like quale you could talk to everyone

Wolfman21

no reason to name names. Its an easily miss-able rule. Just thought it was odd when i was seeing $4 MM contracts with 200k buyouts.

Wolfman21

It's no big deal. Just wanted to make sure everyone seen The rule. If it's not changed before the contract is signed, then i'll name names

Wolfman21

You can see pre signed offers?

I assume when you click on their page and hit "offer contract", when it says "this is the offer *team* has given..." that the offer shown is what that team has offered. I could be wrong though

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Because the players treat TOs as a guaranteed year when deciding on offers. You can offer more per year but put two TOs and he'll sign with you instead of less per year but two guaranteed. It's gotten better and may be fixed on 16 but until there is proof we buyin out

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
man, if you've been to the playoffs before, and even won a game in a series before, please stop bidding on players im trying to acquire (looking at you Vegas)

leave Lessimer (sp?) alone. Cant i have just a couple of guys on my roster that dont totally suck?

I'll trade you some average players if you want them. Sorry for trying to win.