• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2079 Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is a sneak preview of the 2079 Superlatives. Even though we have a couple weeks left in the season, we have one award that is completely locked up.

THE FELIPE BRITO MEMORIAL WHEELCHAIR WIZARD AWARD
1565635782593.png

This award shall be given annually in memory of the valiant efforts of wheelchair-bound Felipe Brito to play 142 games in center field for the Baton Rouge Crawdads in the 2048. The results were predictable, but Brito stuck with it and wheeled his way to ZR of -34.8! This record setting season truly astounded WBL managers and many believe subsequent scrutiny lead to the departure of manager/GM @Reel

In 2079 we will once again award WHEELCHAIR WIZARD to UK's Antonio Rios for the 3rd straight season! The return of @NML and subsequent position change to DH halfway through the year wasn't enough to stop Rios from leading the league in defensive ineptitude by putting up a staggering -19.9 ZR in 85 starts in CF. While -19.9 ZR didn't approach his previous award winning marks of -32.9 and -29.4 in 2078 and 2077, respectively, one must acknowledge the fact that he was on a near record setting pace when he was switched to DH. Given the full season at CF, could Rios have toppled this decades old mark and had the WHEELCHAIR WIZARD award renamed in his honor? Unfortunately we will never know!

The truly mind blowing fact is that Rios was good enough at the plate that he still earned a +1.7 cumulative WARS WON over the course of 3 seasons where he won the WHEELCHAIR WIZARD with a liability of at least -8WARS in the field!

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
4-2 week babbys.

Split with Miami and then went 3-1 vs Kabul. Got a tough final week coming up with games at Buffalo and Moscow. #LFGBB

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The riggers reached the #ORANGESLICES threshold last week by breaking .500, now they've locked up a wildcard spot. One more win and they reach the STRETCH GOAL of a 90 win season! Mr. Manager cares not for playoff success/failure, as long as the team reaches 90 wins, his SPREADSHEET WARRIORS have accomplished the mission!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Something is extremely fucked up about my game. I'm literally getting 2-3 injuries a sim. Someone please explain. I made sure I had a complete roster and put my pitching staff on maximum rest, so fuck knows what is going on.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

This is going past the stage of bad luck. If we've got injuries set to low, this shouldn't happen ever. Something seems glitched to me to me, as it just keeps happening. I've had no more than a few injuries in the past. If injuries were set to normal, I would have my whole roster injured.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I mean, I don't really give much of a shit, but at this stage, the game is just going fucking bananas on me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Honestly you have the same couple of long term injuries and then you've got a bunch of little piddling shit. In general, I recommend a rehab assignment to the minors for a bit (though that isn't an option now since the minor seasons are complete). Since rehab isn't an option, I recommend just letting the players sit for a bit after they are recovered.

This is about the best time to get hit by a bunch of shit injuries, since you aren't competing for the playoffs!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Activating and deactivating players. What I meant to say was deactivating and activating players. You couldn't work that out?
You couldn’t work it out?

It happens. Bad luck plus near the end of the season injuries can pile up. Check injury histories and rest your players a bit more during the season using depth charts.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So the sims have fully overlapped. Literally an hour after complaining bout the massive amount of injuries to my team, I get out of bed awkwardly and hyper extend my knee. 18 hours later I have come to the ER because at the very least it feels like I'm going to need some crutches. Pretty sure I've done my mcl. A wonderful thing to happen when my job is basically looking after kids.....

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You can't buy crutches at whatever the British version of Rite Aid is?
Nah b. Have to wait at the free health service behind the 5 million lol poors who also fell out of bed. I'm pretty sure I should get it checked too seeing as I can't move it, stand on it or walk...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
wolfman post starting with the word 'rub'

DTI5pSHXUAAAXTa.jpg