• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2079 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Your draft budget is kind of irrelevant. It is just money set aside for picks, but you should be able to use all available budget if you have any. If not, you wont have enough to sign them, but just so you know you can use money that is not dedicated to your draft budget to sign picks.

All your players will either be in your negotiation screen or in your minor leagues.

The owner is not letting me use any more than the 3m assigned. I kind of knew this would happen. This is the first time I've really understood the draft and I knew my budget was set way low far too late. I did ask @Yankee151 and @Karl Hungus whether they could work round this to let me sign my picks.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt, and was interested in the playoffs, but I want to go to bed now, and needed to let you know my immersion is going to go to 0/80 if I can't sign the draft picks I actually spent about three days analysing. Will speak tomorrow.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The owner is not letting me use any more than the 3m assigned. I kind of knew this would happen. This is the first time I've really understood the draft and I knew my budget was set way low far too late. I did ask @Yankee151 and @Karl Hungus whether they could work round this to let me sign my picks.
It's not the owner, you just have no money. You can use the extra $300k you have on top of your draft budget. You can up your draft budget next year, but then that money will be locked, so in general its better to keep that money available for anything and then use whatever surplus you have for the draft. The class could be terrible and you dont want to throw $10m at draftees. Or maybe you draft a bunch of easily signable players.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Sorry. Didn't mean to interrupt, and was interested in the playoffs, but I want to go to bed now, and needed to let you know my immersion is going to go to 0/80 if I can't sign the draft picks I actually spent about three days analysing. Will speak tomorrow.

I can always put them on your roster, but you'll have to remember to either put them on the 40-man or give a minor league extension. Let me see if I can get you more cash, doe.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He doesn't have any budget because he set his ticket prices so low, lol.

I don't have any budget because I took his $8.5M dum dum and spite cut him!

Having the draft during the playoffs blows, honestly. Hayvis probably thinks he's negotiating right now, while Karl is simming, lol.
Eh, I didnt really find evidence of that, but maybe he'd have a couple more million. As soon as he upped prices attendance plummetted to basically only season ticket holders going who has already paid the cheap prices.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I can always put them on your roster, but you'll have to remember to either put them on the 40-man or give a minor league extension. Let me see if I can get you more cash, doe.

Great. Would be good if you can give me a cash boost, and then @Travis7401 can talk me through how to set my financials in the offseason.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Eh, I didnt really find evidence of that, but maybe he'd have a couple more million. As soon as he upped prices attendance plummetted to basically only season ticket holders going who has already paid the cheap prices.

Basically the cheap prices fucked my entire finances and have left me unable to dig myself out. If I'd stayed that cheap I would have probably earned a little more but not enough to get me out of this mess. I traded away heaps of salary, but still don't have anything.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Basically the cheap prices fucked my entire finances and have left me unable to dig myself out. If I'd stayed that cheap I would have probably earned a little more but not enough to get me out of this mess. I traded away heaps of salary, but still don't have anything.
Like I said, i dont think this is true after i looked at your history. It's possible you would have made a little more, but nothing significant.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So what am I supposed to do? You want me to put up and shut up?
I’m just saying the increase would have been incremental. When you lowered ticket prices you actually improved your revenue. You probably kept them low too long, but looking at your attendance after raising them I’m not sure revenue would have been a huge amount more if they were there all season. I thought you were trading players away and clearing salary?

Things are different now. I don’t know what Karl and Yankee are doing, but maybe you’ll have some type of floor.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
They will end up on your roster one way or another.

Thanks @Karl Hungus ... it's not even as if I'm ever going to even get to the playoffs. I just had such a steep learning curve that I completely fucked up my team. I didn't even know how the draft worked until this past one. You can check back and see how awful my picks were even when I was picking high.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I’m just saying the increase would have been incremental. When you lowered ticket prices you actually improved your revenue. You probably kept them low too long, but looking at your attendance after raising them I’m not sure revenue would have been a huge amount more if they were there all season. I thought you were trading players away and clearing salary?

Things are different now. I don’t know what Karl and Yankee are doing, but maybe you’ll have some type of floor.

I have traded players away. I just fucked things up because I had no clue as to how baseball worked before playing the game, and if I'm not thrown a lifeline will probably stay on a death spiral as my baseball knowledge is still minimal. I can of course carry on that way, but would rather not if it doesn't have to be so. It's up to everybody else. It's not like I'm going to do well at this game anyway. itll probably give me a lift from 7th to 6th.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have traded players away. I just fucked things up because I had no clue as to how baseball worked before playing the game, and if I'm not thrown a lifeline will probably stay on a death spiral as my baseball knowledge is still minimal. I can of course carry on that way, but would rather not if it doesn't have to be so. It's up to everybody else. It's not like I'm going to do well at this game anyway. itll probably give me a lift from 7th to 6th.
I’m trying to say you didn’t really fuck things up. You actually improved things by lowering prices. You just need some tips on how to go from bad to good and to know that it takes 3-5 seasons.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Thanks @Karl Hungus ... it's not even as if I'm ever going to even get to the playoffs. I just had such a steep learning curve that I completely fucked up my team. I didn't even know how the draft worked until this past one. You can check back and see how awful my picks were even when I was picking high.
I said the same thing at one time and I had GOAT Funk. Some of baseball is luck. Probably more so than any other sport

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I’m trying to say you didn’t really fuck things up. You actually improved things by lowering prices. You just need some tips on how to go from bad to good and to know that it takes 3-5 seasons.
The problem is the speed at which my finances became borked. If I had known what I know now, I would have simply set my draft budget higher and cleared the same salary before I got caught in this lock of not being able to sign picks. I'm just asking for an easy out rather than wait till next season to start the rebuild. All tips are more than welcome.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The problem is the speed at which my finances became borked. If I had known what I know now, I would have simply set my draft budget higher and cleared the same salary before I got caught in this lock of not being able to sign picks. I'm just asking for an easy out rather than wait till next season to start the rebuild. All tips are more than welcome.
Asking for the handout is fine if that’s what they want to do. I’m wondering if it would even let you set a higher draft budget if this is all the budget room you had. Again, you can use all available funds to sign picks, so tying a bunch up in draft budget isn’t always the best choice for flexibility. If you were able to ditch more salary at the deadline, you would probably have more money to sign picks now. Last I looked you are in the green for the season.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Asking for the handout is fine if that’s what they want to do. I’m wondering if it would even let you set a higher draft budget if this is all the budget room you had. Again, you can use all available funds to sign picks, so tying a bunch up in draft budget isn’t always the best choice for flexibility. If you were able to ditch more salary at the deadline, you would probably have more money to sign picks now. Last I looked you are in the green for the season.
My draft budget was 6M but I’m allowed to spend up to 20 million because I have cash on hand or budget surplus or both. If you put more money in draft budget, you are gonna have less for IFA or regular free agency or scouting or something.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Good series @jdlikewhoa we had 3 really close games, you even mounted a tremendous comeback when you were down 8-1 in the 8th and it ended 8-6 and I think you even had the tying run on base. You ran into the new manager buzz saw, as @Reel enters the ring as a surprise hiring in the middle of a playoff series!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hayvis, you will have your draft money in the off season with the new budgets, I'll make sure of it. We're just not making the changes until then. But you will have at least one sim and/or I'll sign them for you after the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
giphy.gif