• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just had a thought - DO WE ONLY PLAY WITH DH'S??? I've been setting my lineups for with and without.... Do I only need to set for +DH?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
WHO'S HOT?

2B Edward Aldis .385, 3 HR Last 7 games
RF Tom Stinson .478, 2 HR Last 7 games

giphy.gif

WHO'S NOT

The entire Ice Castles pitching staff - 6.17 ERA worst in the entire WBL by over a full run

giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If I have a 7 day injury to a pitcher, do I have to take them out of rotation, or will Otto know the fuck not to play them?

jdlikewhoa

I think I have all my pitchers set to a 60 pitch PC and they’re still blowing arms out, so we’re just gonna keep rolling with organizational arms for comic effect at this point.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think I have all my pitchers set to a 60 pitch PC and they’re still blowing arms out, so we’re just gonna keep rolling with organizational arms for comic effect at this point.
All those guys look pretty fragile. That’s a bummer though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
From OUTSPOKEN to TAGG

Is Controversial Second Baseman Secretly a Softie?
Tuesday, May 21st, 2080
File this story under "whoda' thunk it?" North Dakota Riggers's second baseman Alberto Sánchez is seen by some as being aloof and a bit of a loner. "I'd call him 'intense,'" teammate Clint Griffin put it judiciously. Sánchez's reputation isn't helped by his sometimes contentious relationship with the media, and most reporters would agree that he's not the easiest player to interview, let alone get to know. If he'd agree to talk with you, Sánchez would probably explain that he puts all of his effort into his peformance on the field, and that he's focused on winning a championship, not a popularity contest.

So everybody agrees that Sánchez is, as the old-timers would say, a "tough egg." But maybe he isn't as hard-boiled as most folks might think. An inside source recently reported that Sánchez has been volunteering his time at the Youth Baseball Foundation in North Dakota. When initially confronted with the story, Sánchez angrily denied it, but his teammates were unanimous in support of his generous and, frankly, unexpected gesture. "It shows what we always suspected, that his heart is in the right place," said Griffin. "He really cares about kids, and that's what counts in the end."

Does this signal the emergence of a kinder, gentler Sánchez? Maybe, maybe not. But don't be surprised if you see him a get a few more high-fives from his fellow North Dakota players and perhaps a few more autograph requests from some of the kids who benefitted from his previously secret generosity.

Soonerfan09

Sanchez might be my least favorite Mule. Him and whatever douchebag I traded away in ‘58 when I first took over.