• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Because that's how they look in my head. I think you just need to work on ur imagination to be more immersed.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
W1VaYW3.png

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Fool probably doesn't even remember the heroic sacrifice of Wesley van Aaken against the Spider Peoples, or the most succesful fashion model of all time, Antonio de Los Santos.

Obviously I realise that the WBL seems loosely based on some kind of 10 year old's 1980s epic space fantasy drama! Doesn't mean I can't take the piss out of it.

There are tutorials for 3D stadium design where you can put all this shit into visuals. Y'all missing a massive trip. I think when anyone can be bothered, we need to visualise a @Yankee151 or @Travis7401 space ballpark spectacular - https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=289916

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Part 1 of 4: 49 minute vidya

giphy.gif

I actually think there's a way you can take existing ball park 3d models and add jpegs behind/around them in order to place them in the space context. You don't have to do all the 3d modelling. I'll look into it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I don't want to do any of the 3D modeling.

I can't find the video now, but I think you can take an existing 3d model and just put pictures around it. I'm trying to look into it now. I happened upon a video of it earlier that I can't find now, but I'm pretty sure an easy method to get cool space stadiums exists.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You are the only person who watches the game of the week randoim time interval, so I should probably be trying to impress my only viewer

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You are the only person who watches the game of the week randoim time interval, so I should probably be trying to impress my only viewer

Last one had 8 views, which is basically half the league, which seems pretty successful to me to me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Coming up with wild ideas and foisting them on the overburdened commissioners, then getting bored and disappearing, is classic WBL shtick!

LIVE DRAFT, MAKE IT HAPPEN Os!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Why does a ballpark even need to be 3D? Are they not still MS Paint looking ballparks?

Nah. EA sports got involved for OOTP 19 apparently and they updated it all. You can turn on animations for the crowds/change camera angles and everything now.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Well @Travis7401 @Yankee151

From what I've read it seems quite simple to create space stadiums and I will experiment soon (if I'm not misreading).

So the custom skybox tutorial suggests that you simply need to put the skybox file in the correct folder in for the 3d ballpark. If you haven't been reading a skybox is the setting for the ballpark). There are an absolute tonne of ballpark models available for download which should be fine for a basic model (some are quite futuristic and fictitious). There seems to be a whole part of the internet devoted to custom skyboxes too, so finding suitable backdrops shouldn't be too tough.

It's late here so I might have a fiddle around tomorrow, or at the weekend.

jdlikewhoa

I love that peoples’ online personas align closer to reality than one would care to admit.

Travis is a HARD WORK WORK engineer. Every time he comes up with an idea he does 110% of the work and even gives players away to make it a reality.

Hayvis is a stay at home dad who constantly has ideas but zero grit to actually make any of them a reality. Poor @hayvisscooper

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I love that peoples’ online personas align closer to reality than one would care to admit.

Travis is a HARD WORK WORK engineer. Every time he comes up with an idea he does 110% of the work and even gives players away to make it a reality.

Hayvis is a stay at home dad who constantly has ideas but zero grit to actually make any of them a reality. Poor @hayvisscooper

I just love the way that you think looking after kids isn't hard work... I've done other things. Nothing I've done is as hard as looking after kids.

jdlikewhoa

I just love the way that you think looking after kids isn't hard work... I've done other things. Nothing I've done is as hard as looking after kids.
I totally get it. I work nights and then play house husband all day to three chillrens and a pibull while Mrs. Jdlikewhoa is at work. If I were in your position I’d much rather do it like y’all, but it doesn’t mean I won’t denigrate your manhood if I get a chance. Especially while you’re on this terrible WBL schtick.