• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah...two teams have gotten all the scouting discoveries in the last decade or so of the game. One just happens to be the head commish of the league. Amazing how much luck we miss out on
I don’t think Karl was even commishing when those guys were discovered, but time is a flat circle.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think to make things fairer everyone who doesn't have elite scouting discoveries should be given three each.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Pre-arbitration extensions must wait until the player has one year of service time and must be greater than or equal to the highest arbitration estimate.

The Yamauchi one might be slightly off based on this (depending on what the AAV is), but I remember both having pretty low arb estimates. CipTo's deal pays him 4.4M in his 3rd year of service time, which seems more than fine. Yamauchi gets 2.8M in year 3 up to 4.8 in year 4 and it only goes past one year or arb, though I guess those numbers could be bumped up

I should've taken a screenshot but it was very low iirc because I signed the deal mid season right after he hit 1 year of service time

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
How do you even do that fuck shit? Seriously, I would like to know. When I signed Franco after a year of major service he wanted 15m....

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Are we really in first place? The SZN my immersion is VERY LOW these azzholes gonna yo out there ane actually be competitive? Shame on you all.

Way I see it, it's a shootout between me and you for 4th. Las Vegas and Moscow gonna have the rubber band fling them back up to first and second and Tankee's fuck shit contracts and number one tanking picks gonna put him third.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Yankee151 i thought every year was supposed to at least equal to the highest arb estimate, but i might be misremembering.

You are correct about what they were supposed to be, but now there are no rules other than not being a snitch. @Yankee151 should still feel bad about hisself, but that's pretty much his default state, so I'm sure he does!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That might be it. Their estimates were really low but it might still be slightly under. I actually thought I had taken a screenshot but I guess not

They havent even hit arb yet so still time for me to adjust those years

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Quit it.

Doing pre-arb $3M AAV contracts and then marching into FA and upping bidding to $30M AAV is not good for da league
Overpaying for FA and/or giving away picks for a suboptimal replacement is a storied tradition of mine

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That might be it. Their estimates were really low but it might still be slightly under. I actually thought I had taken a screenshot but I guess not

They havent even hit arb yet so still time for me to adjust those years

You think arb was under $1m for them?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Can someone please give me a clear and concise list of all these exploits so I can cheat too. I'm feeling left out.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean i guess it's vague enough to twist it however you'd like.

Pre-arbitration extensions must wait until the player has one year of service time and must be greater than or equal to the highest arbitration estimate.

I think the intent was wait a year and each year must be equal to or greater than the greatest arb estimate. I'd buy an argument for AAV equal to greatest arb estimate, but i dont see anything about only after 3 years.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If we just spell all the fuck shit out and give everyone the cheat codes then we'll all be on the same footing. Problem solved.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

I think the intent was wait a year and each year must be equal to or greater than the greatest arb estimate. I'd buy an argument for AAV equal to greatest arb estimate, but i dont see anything about only after 3 years.
Well that's fair. Right now I've only paid more than I normally would, so I'll just have Karl or I bump up the contracts by a couple million each year and we'll call it even

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Oh hey I still have the save on 19 before they hit a year of service time, so I can show you what their arb estimates would've been at the time

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ughhr. Advice needed. I offered Michael Locke an extension (not too expensive, about 3.3 AAV for 5 years with team option on the 5th). It wasn't much different from what he wanted, so I thought he'd sign. Now as if by magic his speed and positional rating has dropped and he wants 6 years at 4m AAV. Fuck that bollocks. What's the best way to deal with this? He's been productive for two years and I need him not to go turdy. I was thinking I'd just leave the old offer on the table? Is that a good move?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If you submit an offer and they think about it, they'll make a decision later. However, you can go in to change the offer while that's happening

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This will happen sometimes. I like it. It used to be a lock the guy would sign if you submitted and offer which was a little lame.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

It’s AAV, at least that’s how I remember it.

Yankee just ignored the highest Arb Estimate? Lmbo.

I think a realistic goal is that contracts like Ozzie Albee’s either aren’t possible or that’s the worst we could do to a star player. That’s still a $35M contract which is better than this nonsense.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You are correct about what they were supposed to be, but now there are no rules other than not being a snitch. @Yankee151 should still feel bad about hisself, but that's pretty much his default state, so I'm sure he does!

Not every team can pick up pitching off the trash heap every off-season so contracts matter more to other teams.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This will happen sometimes. I like it. It used to be a lock the guy would sign if you submitted and offer which was a little lame.

Yeah. I'm not upset, especially since his ratings took a dive. I just hope I can keep him happy as he has three more not too expensive years and has been fairly good for me. Do you reckon not doing anything at all is the best tactic here?