• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2082 Season Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
496079.jpg

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah. I'm not upset, especially since his ratings took a dive. I just hope I can keep him happy as he has three more not too expensive years and has been fairly good for me. Do you reckon not doing anything at all is the best tactic here?
If he still has three years left Id just let him play out the current deal.

Wolfman21

WHO'S HOT?

LFYasuhide Yamauchi.286, 7 HR, only $38,716.04 salaryLast 8 games

Jesus Christ. That deal makes my Miguel Chavez deal from back before I even knew what the fuck was going on with this game look extremely tame. One commish giving himself all blue scouting finds, the other commish handing out below arb longterm contracts. Fuck sake...what did i come back to?

jdlikewhoa

Well that's fair. Right now I've only paid more than I normally would, so I'll just have Karl or I bump up the contracts by a couple million each year and we'll call it even
Not that I care because I already quit, but the punishment is releasing them to FA

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The cheat code is call them up mid year then the next year you offer them in July rather than at the end of the year

However it's a really bad cheat code because you lose a year of service time anyways

EDIT: Also, send them to the majors at 23 rather than 26

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Here's the re-sim I did on 19 with Yama asking for 3.6M. I guess CipTo's demand is higher in this sim tho.

Anyways I don't really care to go through the arguments so Karl can make their deals the same as CipTo's demand here AAV wise and call it a day I guess. I have the 19 file if anyone wants to play around with it but it's fairly consistent (Yama has mostly the same stats, 2.2 WAR at this point in July, in the Alpha timeline he finished with 3.8 Wars)

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
No matter what the rules someone here is gonna game and ruin the league. Why not glance at $3M AAV and just not do it because it's game breaking? WOOF.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Ah. The age old fighting factual rule breaking with sarcasm. This has always worked out well in the past ... @Wooly
TBF, I do everything in sarcasm

I can run more simulations to show you the Yama deal would've been fine based on our current (light rules). If we want to go back to no pre-arb extensions or similar I'm up for a vote. If not, be prepared to raise more debate when I screenshot Subano's desired extension at age 22. You keep bringing up Wooly but you don't need O powers to offer extensions to players who you call up at 22 in order to get them cheaper.

I'm now paying Yama 7M a year including his pre-arb years, so we are good to ride.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He posted how he games the AI by timing one year extensions before they have a full season of stats accumulated and only two half years, minimizing the arbitration estimate on the salary screen.
If you want to ban pre-arb contracts to off season only I'm fine with that. It wasn't against the rules at the time though

There's obvious downsides to calling someone up mid-season and losing a year of service time which have to be taken into account though, and I'm not sure the discount is worth losing a year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
In addition, the jump from 0yrs to 1yr in service time does bump up the arb estimate regardless of a full season of stats or not. Subano's estimate is 1M right now and will probably shoot up to 4 or 5 at the end of the year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He posted how he games the AI by timing one year extensions before they have a full season of stats accumulated and only two half years, minimizing the arbitration estimate on the salary screen.
They can have less than a season with a year of service time?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It'd be two half seasons (jul-sep 2080, apr-jul 2081) of stats, but I dunno if it just goes off career stats or season stats for that page