• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
The BYU long snapper got a new tattoo

dHAhlOa.jpg

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
First, I'm not a tattoo guy, so I'll take your word for it that it's cool. To me, it's ugly to me.

Second, you won't really get punished or not allowed to participate fully in any way, but getting tattoos isn't promoted by the Church. In fact, we're counseled not to do it. But members do. I know people in my ward (local congregation) who have gotten new tattoos while actively participating. Not my jam, but there's no rules against it.

Third, I don't know if he's LDS or not. I read a little bit about him, but I couldn't find anything that said one way or another.

Funny story, my wife converted when she was 18. She was so excited, she made a tattoo she wanted to get of a CTR symbol that's popular in the Church. She was super excited about it and showed it to someone in her ward. That's when she learned we really don't want our members getting tatted up. Since I'm not a tattoo guy, I'm glad she doesn't have one. But she likes to tell that story.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Cool? :laughing:

That's one of the worst tattoos I've ever seen. It's WTF bad. The player's face looks like some old man trying to take a shit and the art itself looks like something you'd see in a HS art class exhibit.

Meh. I'm not a tattoo guy myself, and personally don't like seeing them most of the time. However, that is because like 99% of the tattoos I see on people are some variation of tribal/skulls/dragons/some fierce animal (on guys) or butterflies/unicorns/roses/tramp stamp (on girls) - or street names/numbers/tears/Olde English Script (on my coworkers - male AND female).

Seeing someone who actually tattooed themselves on themselves is different and hilarious. :laughing:

And cool. :smug:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Stuff Gator Fans Say 3:

Would rawdog n creampie that conspiratorial Bene Gesserit Topanga until the lizard people pushed her down the stairs aborting the Kwisatz Haderach

Kella would probably be the fed they sent to push her

Ur cancer chicken agenda is clear, and the day of the rope is right around the corner

No flouride in my toothpaste has really paid off

I am not a docile slave as flouride turned the concentration camp prisonerz

But my love of pipeweed has yellowed my teeth

Cant wait for traviss corch McElwain to bust a nut on Jimbos face...in a non gay way

bruin

three of the four playoff teams from last season will likely have a grad transfer at QB.

GTfan27

@R2D2 what do you think our preseason ranking is gonna be? They'll probably give us like 17/18 ranking just because of all the losses at RB and WR.

I think as long as JT is under center, we are going places. Best option QB Johnson has had in a long time, definitely the fastest. #InThomasWeTrust

R2D2

@R2D2 what do you think our preseason ranking is gonna be? They'll probably give us like 17/18 ranking just because of all the losses at RB and WR.

I think as long as JT is under center, we are going places. Best option QB Johnson has had in a long time, definitely the fastest. #InThomasWeTrust

17/18 is probably about right. I definitely agree though. Justin Thomas is amazing, but I am worried about WR. Waller and Smelter were awesome. Nobody really stands out to me on this roster. I expect another 9-3 season. With losses to Notre Dame, Florida State, and Georgia. FSU, and UGA are toss ups though. Could easily win both. JT could also challenge for a Heisman if he improves his passing stats and rushes for 1k again. :smug: Defense has to improve though. Dunno if it's a Ted Roof issue, or if its just the guys they have. I think the stat was like 8 yds for every pass attempt, and six or seven yds a rush. Should be a good season tho. Oh, think Snoddy might be the primary RB. Curious to see how he returns from his injury.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
^^^^^^
ahahahaha that's awesome.

Swing your sword boys

with that offense I'd be more excited about the 4 of 5 OL returning.

Brick

Rewatching the first drive of Ohio state Oregon on espnu, then will turn it off and pretend the rest didn't happen lalalallaallalala

Fuckig buffalo bills of college footbaw

bruin

espn Classic has been showing random cfb games in the morning lately.

caught the fiesta bowl from the early 00'd when Oregon State led by Ken Simonten and TJ Houshahshajshamandaja rammed ND.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Rewatching the first drive of Ohio state Oregon on espnu, then will turn it off and pretend the rest didn't happen lalalallaallalala

Fuckig buffalo bills of college footbaw

I dont even think about our rape job at the hands of Oregon. I'd take a close loss a lot worse. The fact we fumbled away our chances and lost by 40 makes it easier to move on imo.

Brick

I dont even think about our rape job at the hands of Oregon. I'd take a close loss a lot worse. The fact we fumbled away our chances and lost by 40 makes it easier to move on imo.
and helps when you just won a shampship last season. haha.

what kills me is the offense was rolling early and just kept fucking up. and oregon got all of those turnovers they could have taken advantage of.

and cardale jones' fucking face.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
CAN'T WAIT

http://www.campussports.net/jared-goff-over-christian-hackenberg-in-junior-qb-rankings/

goff1.jpg

ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. has released his inaugural rankings for the junior class of quarterbacks. And, in typical Kiper fashion, he has ruffled some feathers with the way he has the signal-callers ranked.

For juniors, Kiper has California Golden Bears quarterback Jared Goff ahead of the highly-touted Christian Hackenberg out of Penn State.
“He has a big-time arm and shows the ability to read defenses and move defenders with his eyes,” Kiper said.

Not only does Kiper have Goff ahead of Hackenberg, he has both quarterbacks ranked ahead of Ohio State Buckeyes star Cardale Jones which is probably another surprise to the readers.

Of course, this is very early in the process, so all of Kiper’s rankings could change.

It will be interesting to see how the trio of junior signal-callers end up performing when they step onto the field in 2015.

Wooly

When will corches stop giving their idiot sons important jerbs on the staff?

Maybe when the pay stops being obscene. Six figures to be a position coach for college football? Knowing how short lived these gigs can be, I would be spreading the wealth as much I can with my kids. Then, when they inevitably end up coaching HS football in Maine, they already have a nice nest egg and can live comfortably on a teachers salary. Nepotism for the win.

Brick

I don't get that argument. The head corches are making enough money at that level to spread it around to the family. If you know he's not a good corch (hard to be unbiased) you'll maybe be forced to fire them. How terrible must that be?

Wooly

It wasn't a serious argument my friend, it was just a spur of the moment post. Anytime I write something less than two full paragraphs you have to assume I am not really thinking about it.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Actually wooly us right. CEOs make millions and still give thur spawn gigs they don't deserve. They don't sit there and say "I got millions my kid don't need to work" they say "how can I extract more Money from these shareholders."

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Actually wooly us right. CEOs make millions and still give thur spawn gigs they don't deserve. They don't sit there and say "I got millions my kid don't need to work" they say "how can I extract more Money from these shareholders."
Maybe, but if you are a CEO you can probably hide your idiot son somewhere he can't do a lot of damage. College corches hide their sons as OCs.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
At UCLA, we would never do something like hire our HC's son. Instead, we hire our OC's son to ruin our QBs.

bruin

Eh.

lil Mazzone is one of the key reasons we landed Rosen.

and that Stanford passed.