• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Why did Wassou's D give up less points after he left then? And Oklahoma that gave up 48 points to K-State? GTFO

Probably because they were loaded with seniors and were running Grinch’s scheme. They lost all those guys, tried running more of Claeys’ stuff, and...huh, their defense fell off a cliff.

Uh, buddy, OU’s defense sucked ass last year. I didn’t say he turned them into Klimpson. I said he improved them. No way does OU come back against Baylor with last year’s defense. But okay, keeping fucking that chicken with these horrible arguments cause SCHIANO MAN

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
CROOTIN SHOES

Again, your recruiting classes tend to fall off when you invite PSU, OSU, MSU, and Michigan into your state rather than a bunch of mediocre teams.

I forgot how good Schiano's defense looked last time he was corching college with all those talented players at OSU. Good thing he'll be able to get even better guys to Rutgers.

But those teams were ALWAYS recruiting NJ. I think those decent Rutgers teams were taking advantage of a Penn State swoon and Nebraska abandoning the pipeline into the state they'd had since the '70s.

Renegade

Charge on!
Schiano wasn't coaching in the 2nd game.

Well, that 2009 UCF team wasn't very good. Didn't even win their division. You ought to be wondering why Schiano was coaching Rutgers in that bowl game with the stacked team he had. He was 3-4 in conference play and beat mighty powers Howard, Texas Southern, Army, FIU, and Maryland to go 5-0 in OOC play to finish 8-4 overall in the regular season. And that was against the weak Big East. I can't imagine how he's going to do better against OSU, UM, PSU, and MSU every year plus Maryland and a pretty good looking Indiana team right now.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Well, that 2009 UCF team wasn't very good. Didn't even win their division. You ought to be wondering why Schiano was coaching Rutgers in that bowl game with the stacked team he had. He was 3-4 in conference play and beat mighty powers Howard, Texas Southern, Army, FIU, and Maryland to go 5-0 in OOC play to finish 8-4 overall in the regular season. And that was against the weak Big East. I can't imagine how he's going to do better against OSU, UM, PSU, and MSU every year plus Maryland and a pretty good looking Indiana team right now.
well I somewhat agree, but freshman QB and they only lost by 3 to WVU and 7 to a good Pitt team. At Syracuse was a mind boggling bad loss. I’d really have to look closer at the roster to see how many vets were on the team

Honestly my hope is that Schiano learned some things from his time away and time under Urban Meyer

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Also for the record, I didn’t want Schiano to come back in 2015, even if he was interested then. Flood being a clown and Ash being unqualified for the job has changed a lot of my thinking. Plus Rutgers wont pay for a guy like Norvell and the pool of G5 coaches seems really small this year and Rutgers can’t go coordinator route again even if a guy like Hafley intrigues me

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
But those teams were ALWAYS recruiting NJ. I think those decent Rutgers teams were taking advantage of a Penn State swoon and Nebraska abandoning the pipeline into the state they'd had since the '70s.
Maybe, but Schiano wasn't getting the elite guys. He got good players, and a few studs like Anthony Davis or Kenny Britt, but it wasn't like he was getting 5 of the top 10. His last 2 recruiting classes he did very well in that regard, and I believe he'd do pretty well if he had the Big Ten invite to sell.

Just looking at 247 recruiting rankings, in 2002, the top 10 players in the state went to Penn Statex 2, Notre Dame x2, Tennessee, BC, Illinois and Virginia x3. In 2003, the top 10 signed with the same group of schools, 247s site seems to have some mistakes tho, as I'm pretty sure Nate Robinson signed with Miami before ending up at RU cause they wouldn't admit him, and Greg Olsen signed with ND before transferring to Miami. Iowa, North Carolina got a few too.

Rutgers rise had more to do with the fall of Syracuse, plus BC slipping a bit. When Rutgers started getting more higher tiered guys, it was when Virginia started slipping.

But it comes back to Ash not getting anyone. The year he was hired, Rutgers had 2 WRs committed when he was hired, Taysir Mack (whos at Pitt now) and Isiah Wright (who's at Temple). He didn't hold on to either of them, and he didn't get one of the other decent instate options in Hasise Dubois (Virginia), Maurice Ffrench (pitt) or Frank Darby (Arizona State). These aren't superstar recruits, Dubois was 18th prospect in NJ that year and Ffrench and Darby were 26 and 27 respectively. All 5 of those guys have been good college players.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
If they aren't going to take back Schiano then just take some crazy out of the box hire.

Craig7835

well I somewhat agree, but freshman QB and they only lost by 3 to WVU and 7 to a good Pitt team. At Syracuse was a mind boggling bad loss. I’d really have to look closer at the roster to see how many vets were on the team

Honestly my hope is that Schiano learned some things from his time away and time under Urban Meyer

Schiano was a hell of a defensive coordinator at Ohio State. I wasn't a big Rutgers fan but Schiano had some solid teams & IMO he shouldn't have taken the Tampa Bay job. You could tell Kyle Flood wasn't ready for the job & he had CLOWN written all over him

Last edited:

Craig7835

Can we add Gary Patterson to list as far as Hot Seat goes? About 10yrs,he had the best 4-2-5 defense in the country along with a potent offense. Now they are garbage on both sides of the ball. What happened?

coogrfan

Reports are saying that Charlie Strong has been informed he will be fired after next weeks game with UCF.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Renegade talkin' bout a WEAK BIG EAST when his team plays in the PoWeR 6 LOL
Yeah but
UCF wasn’t in the Big East. If they were
ooh-wee-28924381.png