• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Craig7835

I think it's time for a change in East Lansing. Mark Dantonio is a respectable coach but he needs to get with the times. His Cover 4 base is an after thought & his offenses are bland, At least Kirk Ferentz took God Knows Forever to finally get with the Spread/RPO program,so what's his hold up? Markie D GOTS TA GO!!!!!!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think it's time for a change in East Lansing. Mark Dantonio is a respectable coach but he needs to get with the times. His Cover 4 base is an after thought & his offenses are bland, At least Kirk Ferentz took God Knows Forever to finally get with the Spread/RPO program,so what's his hold up? Markie D GOTS TA GO!!!!!!

I have many problems with this. But mostly, let him hang on because next year is going to be hilarious to watch. He's still probably MSU's best chance of beating Michigan for the foreseeable future, because that is going to be a really rough rebuilding job.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
MSU's offense actually uses RPO a lot from what I saw. The problem is they aren't good at it and their personnel for it is laughable.

Probably shoulda pulled Lewerke when it looked like he could barely stand too.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
HYPERRRR has no reason to leave GOLDY BITCH for MSU. He's better off waiting a couple of seasons for Brian Kelly to kill another student on a scissors lift and take the ND job.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Does MSU think they can do better? Obviously sometimes a job runs its course or burn out, etc..

who does MSU think they can lure? HYPERRR? LEACH?

Narduzzi or Fickell would be the two obvious candidates. Pitt is probably a better job than MSU at the moment, so it would be stupid for Narduzzi to leave. And is Fickell going to leave for a dumpster fire where they're going to be behind 3 other teams in that division most years? He could be a candidate for a job like FSU this year, and if he stays a year or two, he could have his pick of jobs. If he really hates Michigan, then maybe.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Fickell can get better talent to come to the Land of Shitty Chili than he could at MSU.

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator

I can attest the quarters defense is utter shit. Harlon Barnett being sent packing cant come fast enough.

Brick

dantonio being forced out or getting fired is gonna put MSU into the dark ages. it's dumb. he needs to pull a bellotti or bowden and hire some apprentice corch on offense to take over after he leaves.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
dantonio being forced out or getting fired is gonna put MSU into the dark ages. it's dumb. he needs to pull a bellotti or bowden and hire some apprentice corch on offense to take over after he leaves.

John L. Smith's record at MSU (over 4 years): 22-26
Dantonio's record the last 4 years: 24-24

It will get worse for MSU next year. Their only skill position talent is Cody White, and why would he stick around for next year in this offense? Lewerke is gone. The good parts of the defense are gone. MSU is the 5th best team in the Big Ten East right now, and they're not doing any better than that next year. Dantonio is definitely MSU's best shot at being respectable next year, but beyond that? Not sure.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
giphy.gif

Thepro_23

Word on the street is MSU is the only job Fickell would apply for, and possibly Campbell too.

Have the Norvell rumors already been addressed? I used to do some work with Memphis insiders and have heard some shit, some of which happens to be true.

Thepro_23

I’m still somewhat friends with a few insiders at a couple of schools and in their boards. I’ll drop what I know:
-Ark main target is Malzahn, Kiffin isn’t a serious candidate. A serious contingent of alumni want Pittman (former OL coach) or a coach that could keep Lunney and bring on Pittman. Last I heard, not a ton of movement on that front.
-FSU is using a search firm so don’t expect many leaks. Fleck was a target but says he’s happy at MN. There might be smoke around Mark Stoops
-Nobody really knows wtf is happening at USC but Jack Del Rio really wants that job
-Muschamp won’t be fired due to huge buyout
-Campbell is only leaving for high-tier jobs like USC or FSU
-Sumlin might be fired
-Adazzio might be fired and BC will try to target an NFL coordinator.
-Schiano was all but a done deal but internal strife at Rutgers holding that up. Could be Moreheads job if he wants it.

Brick

I’m still somewhat friends with a few insiders at a couple of schools and in their boards. I’ll drop what I know:
-Ark main target is Malzahn, Kiffin isn’t a serious candidate. A serious contingent of alumni want Pittman (former OL coach) or a coach that could keep Lunney and bring on Pittman. Last I heard, not a ton of movement on that front.
-FSU is using a search firm so don’t expect many leaks. Fleck was a target but says he’s happy at MN. There might be smoke around Mark Stoops
-Nobody really knows wtf is happening at USC but Jack Del Rio really wants that job
-Muschamp won’t be fired due to huge buyout
-Campbell is only leaving for high-tier jobs like USC or FSU
-Sumlin might be fired
-Adazzio might be fired and BC will try to target an NFL coordinator.
-Schiano was all but a done deal but internal strife at Rutgers holding that up. Could be Moreheads job if he wants it.
quoted for posterity

Renegade

Charge on!
I don’t get the Schiano love. The best team he ever had with the NFL’s best wife beating RB didn’t even win the weak Big East.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I don’t get the Schiano love. The best team he ever had with the NFL’s best wife beating RB didn’t even win the weak Big East.
His last 9 seasons he was 65-47. 8 seasons since he left, 35-61, and 27 of those wins can be attributed to the players he recruited

Not gonna sell Schiano as a world beater but I really think this situation is more similar to Riley at Oregon State or Snyder at Kansas State than some of the other guys who have gotten re-dos at their schools.

Last edited:

Ander1345

They should hire a NFL washout after spring ball, and then give them more time than they probably deserve to build the program up.

Forget rolling the dice on a one year wonder who might not be ready for the next level at a power 5 program.

One of these statements is sarcasm. The other is also likely sarcasm.

Coaching success is a CRAP SHOOT for most programs. Hire coaches with good historic trends is about the best you can hope for.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
His last 9 seasons he was 65-47. 8 seasons since he left, 35-61, and 27 of those wins can be attributed to the players he recruited

Not gonna sell Schiano as a world beater but I really think this situation is more similar to Riley at Oregon State or Snyder at Kansas State than some of the other guys who have gotten re-dos at their schools.

I mean, when you go from playing Cuse, Louisville, USF, and UConn to playing MSU, PSU, OSU, and Michigan, yeah, you'll lose more games.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I mean, when you go from playing Cuse, Louisville, USF, and UConn to playing MSU, PSU, OSU, and Michigan, yeah, you'll lose more games.
When you go from bringing top 25/30 recruiting classes in to classes ranked 70 of course you are going to have problems. Kyle Flood wasn’t getting blown out by 50 points by Indiana and Maryland and Illinois

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
CROOTIN SHOES

Again, your recruiting classes tend to fall off when you invite PSU, OSU, MSU, and Michigan into your state rather than a bunch of mediocre teams.

I forgot how good Schiano's defense looked last time he was corching college with all those talented players at OSU. Good thing he'll be able to get even better guys to Rutgers.

Craig7835

He needs to pull an Odgeron by hiring someone that can put some life into the offense.At least Ed admitted he had to get with the times

Ander1345

When you go from bringing top 25/30 recruiting classes in to classes ranked 70 of course you are going to have problems. Kyle Flood wasn’t getting blown out by 50 points by Indiana and Maryland and Illinois

Ya'll beat us once. I was at the game and I haven't gone since.

Tied at halftime this year.

Renegade

Charge on!

So nostalgia glasses like @bruin228 said. His conference record was 28-48. He killed it playing 5 powderpuff OOC games since the Big East only had 7 conference games each year.

Rutgers needs to hire Jeff Monken or Paul Johnson and become the team that pisses everyone else off with cut blocks and shit.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't really think triple option is the answer, though it wouldn't be the worst move in the world. There's plenty of talent there, they should be able to thrive off getting the solid guys that OSU/Michigan/PSU don't want and developing them. Fill the rest of the staff with CROOTERS if you need to, but the HC, OC, and DC should be guys who have innovative schemes for less talented players, embrace analytics, willing to think outside the box like going for it on 4th down all the time, etc.

Moorhead as HC and Sean Gleeson as OC would be pretty interesting for Rutgers, but it won't happen. They should've gone for it a couple years ago instead of keeping Ash.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
CROOTIN SHOES

Again, your recruiting classes tend to fall off when you invite PSU, OSU, MSU, and Michigan into your state rather than a bunch of mediocre teams.

I forgot how good Schiano's defense looked last time he was corching college with all those talented players at OSU. Good thing he'll be able to get even better guys to Rutgers.
OSU, PSU and Michigan were already recruiting NJ whether Rutgers was in the Big Ten or not, and Grinch was the problem at OSU. And doesn’t matter cause the deal is dead.
So nostalgia glasses like @bruin228 said. His conference record was 28-48. He killed it playing 5 powderpuff OOC games since the Big East only had 7 conference games each year.

Rutgers needs to hire Jeff Monken or Paul Johnson and become the team that pisses everyone else off with cut blocks and shit.

His conference record is 28-48 cause he was 3-24 in conference the first 3 years. Fact is Schiano has as many wins against current Big Ten schools as Ash had and he played like 6 games total against those teams instead of umm 29 or 30 like Ash got.

Fact is Flood couldn't recruit and Ash was even worse with his thinking he was better than NJ attitude. Schiano brought in Big Ten talent and NFL talent to Rutgers even when the team sucked, and coached guys up. Best defensive player Rutgers has ever had was a 2* DB who's only other offer was New Hampshire. Best offensive player was a 3* RB who flipped from Syracuse.

I know you guys don't get it, but New Jersey is very different than the rest of the United States. If it's not Schiano, I'm not sure who you are going to hire who understands the nepotism and cronyism amongst the high schools and what not. Maybe Al Golden, but I don't think his resume is as good as Schiano's.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol Grinch, the guy who has improved Wazzu and OU’s defenses, was definitely not the problem. You are completely talking out of your ass there.

Your logic makes no sense. Every other school can take their pick of the top 15 guys in NJ, but only mediocre corches like Golden and Schiano understand NJ? Okay.