• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
This all makes sense, but honestly the guy doesn’t seem like he gives a shit anymore.

People thought the same thing about Gundy during the dreadful 2014 season, and then Mason Rudolph happened.

They said the same thing weeks ago, and then OSU beat two teams in a row, one being a legitimate conference contender at the time in Iowa State.

Opinions and attitudes change in a heartbeat. Dantonio needs to hire an offensive staff or walk out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
He won't be fired he will "retire" at the end of the season.
giphy.gif

Craig7835

Dantonio HAD the chance to wipe the slate clean before this season. All he did was shuffle his boys into different coaching roles because he doesn’t want anybody new.

He said in an interview that he doesn't believe in hiring someone new. TBH I think his best offense during his tenure was the one with LeVeon Bell

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Graham Harrell to MSU would be interesting, but don't you think he would probably choose a HC gig over another OC job?

I think any OC at his level would happily take the pay raise to operate at a bigger school.

Lincoln Riley took that move when he jumped to OU, and by no means was he hired at the time to become the head coach down the line. There are other examples (Dana Holgorsen going from Houston - OSU).

Lightningwar

Administrator
MSU can have Harlon Barnett back. Rumor is we may meet up with MSU in the detroit bowl. Somebody suggested we trade Harlon Barnett to MSU for a deferred kickoff. Not sure Dantonio is stupid enough to do such a thing.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Do programs generally turn around in 2 years? I think Morris going was right but I think most coaches should get 3 years to show decent progress.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
No, but the argument is that he looked even worse against a weaker schedule and conference.

Brick

yeah it would be one thing if they showed signs of life but morris couldn't have done worse. progrums like arky get in much more trouble when they fire a meh corch.

yeah new corch is in sec west, but arky has been so bad they can use CUPBOARD BARE CUPBOARD BARE for two years and maybe win 3 games of note and be fine. this is actually the best time to take that jerb. haha.

Brick

same with flazzu too. their 5 won total last year was their worst since 1976. perfect time to take that jerb. more leeway now than ever.

bruin

something tells me that this could be the END of the road for LEACH at Wazzu.

What else can he really do? His postgame PRESSER after CAL showed some distraught?
ARKANSAS for leach?

would hate to have the PAC-12 lose him, but he's pretty much peaked at WAZZU.

IGNORE this post in the AM HERManos, it's the PINOT POSTING

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
something tells me that this could be the END of the road for LEACH at Wazzu.

What else can he really do? His postgame PRESSER after CAL showed some distraught?
ARKANSAS for leach?

would hate to have the PAC-12 lose him, but he's pretty much peaked at WAZZU.

IGNORE this post in the AM HERManos, it's the PINOT POSTING

MINSHEW as HC?

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
That's my sentiment with both the FSU and Arkansas jobs, though maybe a little less with FSU.

Even if your coach and team were good, you're not going to compete for a championship every year. With Arkansas, you gotta let the program build. Hire a coach with a proven track record of turning around programs(not just winning for one or two seasons).

I'm not saying to hire him, but a guy like Jeff Monken has had proven turnarounds at two different schools, even though this year is a bit of a down year.

Craig7835

Michigan State would be dumb to fire Mark Dantonio.

He SHOULD be forced to wipe the slate clean on offense and hire a real coordinator. This old smash mouth shit don’t really work these days, unless you’ve got superior talent across the board. They clearly don’t have that.

Look at OU. Their offensive line play became soft in the late 2000s and early 2010s. People were ready to chase Stoops out after an underwhelming stretch from 2011-2014, culminating in that terrible 2014 season. A year later they had Lincoln Riley and never once looked back.

Michigan State isn’t OU but they’re far better than getting held to 10 points or less in 4 outings. Mike Yurcich is someone I’d check into.. that guy has never once (except for 2014) finished outside the top 20 of offensive S&P+. There were some pretty talent deficient offenses there too, with 2013 and 2015 having near non-existent running games.

Graham Harrell will get plucked eventually, might as well take a flyer on him. Anything but the atrocity they’ve got going on now.

I had said that Dantonio's best offense was when he had LeVeon Bell, the 2013 Spartans that won the Rose Bowl had a pretty good passing offense & the 2014 team had it even better. I don't know what happened after those seasons

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I had said that Dantonio's best offense was when he had LeVeon Bell, the 2013 Spartans that won the Rose Bowl had a pretty good passing offense & the 2014 team had it even better. I don't know what happened after those seasons
Penn State and Michigan did something

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

It was decent in 2015, too, when they made the playoff.

Then they lost Connor Cook. It's not a coincidence that Dantonio's best years were when he had NFL-level QBs in Cousins and Cook (and Hoyer, too).

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It also helps when those QBs just completely ignore the play calls from the idiot OC and call their own plays

Brick

dantonio is one of those cases where it actually is all about DA CROOTS. it is not a plug and play offensive system where the scheme does the hard work work. if their skill players are not good, the offense will not be good. same with iowa.

Renegade

Charge on!
yeah it would be one thing if they showed signs of life but morris couldn't have done worse. progrums like arky get in much more trouble when they fire a meh corch.

yeah new corch is in sec west, but arky has been so bad they can use CUPBOARD BARE CUPBOARD BARE for two years and maybe win 3 games of note and be fine. this is actually the best time to take that jerb. haha.

Sounds like Morris got fired less for W/L and more for losing the locker room. Raise the Jolly Roger!

Lightningwar

Administrator
Stoops to FSU, done deal.

FSU is doing everything they can to become Tenn. I think the FSU President and AD being lameducks with about a year left isnt helping. Reportedly Bob Stoops wanted a say in who becomes the next AD when the new President came in. And FSU was willing to give him that. But still he walked away from the deal delivered earlier in the week.

His brother Mark is now apparently a top 3 candidate.

FML