• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dr. Pepper presents Shampship Week

Wooly

I am not one of those super picky announcer people, I can put up with a lot of shit. However, Verne and Gary are so bad that I turned the sound down.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This Alabama offense is so dumb. LET'S SPREAD IT OUT BUT THEN FAKE JET SWEEPS EVERY PLAY. For fuck's sake, you're just bringing more guys into the box. If you're going to do that, why are you spreading them out in the first place?

PSUEagle

I know your shtick is that every coach is dumb and terrible, but your criticism makes zero sense.

The reason you run Jet Sweep fakes (and Jet Sweeps off of that) is to get the linebackers to overflow and open up the inside. And if they don't, you hand it off outside. Wisconsin's done it successfully for like two decades.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
No, I get that. It's just not as effective when there's 8 guys in the box already, man coverage - bringing a guy into the box with the motion, and you do it every play. Bama is still able to get 4 yards a carry easily, so why are they making it harder on themselves by bringing another guy into the box in a spread formation? Just line it up with a bunch of fullbacks and tight ends if you're going to do that.

It strikes me as a coach trying to forcing being a spread team but doesn't take advantage of what the spread does - i.e., force safeties into the box and one on one matchups on the outside. If you're just going to run into 7-8 man fronts like that, why are you bothering with the spread?

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Baylor,

Did you boys discover the sport last night in a brothel? Seems like it. #SeemsLegit

Signed,

The Hachiko.

C3PO

Bama is sadly going to win another national championship. I don't think Clemson, Iowa/Michigan State or Oklahoma can beat them.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Florida had guys open against them, it's not like they're not vunerable. Treon Harris just blows.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Grambling,

You work, you lose. Enjoy your offseason, losers.

Signed,

Me.

P.S. Deal's off, @Wuf . I got two white girls representing Alcorn and A&T in my Celebration Bowl wallpaper to be published in several hours with all the others. Hard luck hard life.

PSUEagle

No, I get that. It's just not as effective when there's 8 guys in the box already, man coverage - bringing a guy into the box with the motion, and you do it every play. Bama is still able to get 4 yards a carry easily, so why are they making it harder on themselves by bringing another guy into the box in a spread formation? Just line it up with a bunch of fullbacks and tight ends if you're going to do that.

It strikes me as a coach trying to forcing being a spread team but doesn't take advantage of what the spread does - i.e., force safeties into the box and one on one matchups on the outside. If you're just going to run into 7-8 man fronts like that, why are you bothering with the spread?

I feel like we're watching different games: most of the time Alabama's doing the Sweep stuff they're in 12 personnel: that's not exactly spreading things out. They've consistently gashed UF with IZ to Henry off of that action.

If you're talking about the half ass spread thing, yeah, I can sort of see that overall with Alabama's offense. I think that's a Saban thing though: most of the stuff they're doing is what they've done under McElwain and Nussmeier as well. I'm 100% sure Saban wants an offense that is really multiple and micromanages his OC's to that affect.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
:laughing: Yeah, to be honest I'm trying not to watch this game. But I don't think the sweep action is helping them gash Florida. Saw a couple of plays where the force player targeted with that action made the tackle on Henry anyway.

EDIT: by force player, I mean the guy setting the edge.

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
Dear God, I have been bashing Bama's offense all year, but this Florida "offense" may be the worst I have ever seen. 3 yards in the 2nd/3rd quarter. 81 total yards (46 of it on one play)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It sounds like there are about 100 fans at the MWC championship game. And it also sounds like they are pumping up the sound system as loud as possible.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Florida,

SG2k0h.png

Ooops.

Signed,

The Hachiko.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Oh god, the worst refereeing crew in the Big Ten is the crew for the championship game. They were the ones in the MSU-Michigan game, where there were at least 8 reviews, a terrible targeting call, and about a dozen terrible calls on top of that.

Wooly

Stanford DB was trying to help him up with his hand extended...and probably talking trash while acting like it. LOL

MSUFanatic

Oh god, the worst refereeing crew in the Big Ten is the crew for the championship game. They were the ones in the MSU-Michigan game, where there were at least 8 reviews, a terrible targeting call, and about a dozen terrible calls on top of that.

Same guy that also did the MSU v Nebraska game...

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
I am starting to wonder if Pat Haden had too much to drink himself when deciding to name Clay Helton USC's full time football coach, instead of waiting after this game.

Brick

McCaffrey is the shit. Helton looks like a high school assistant volunteer dad on the sidelines.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Kessler. 1-7 passing.1 yard. Jack Lowary of Long Beach City has passed for better yards against Saddleback last weekend and that was in a LOSS.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Kessler. 1-7 passing.1 yard. Jack Lowary of Long Beach City has passed for better yards against Saddleback last weekend and that was in a LOSS.

Ethan Waldron of the 1982 Astronaut War Eagles could even muster a 3 for 8 for 17 yard performance against the Titusville Terriers. A game in which the War Eagles managed 6 yards of total offense and 1 first down.