• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

OOTP 16

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Just in case you guys dont read fine print, you get the two ootp keys 3 days early and the actual steam key the day of

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was about to sim when I saw this. Will get it done after I read

newsletter_screen3.jpg

I know it is just a cleaned up way of presenting, but I love it so much.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This presumably will make it so I don't tear my hair out when I vote for All-Wizards, meaning we can probably put that back in our control instead of the fans

newsletter_screen1.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@doh I'm guessing you'll find this interesting, regular text is the comment from a user and the bolded is the answer from Markus

"OOTP Developments Team,

I have been addicted to OOTP since I first played a demo of OOTP10, and I am almost indescribably excited for the improvements in OOTP16 and the bright future ahead with an MLB license and the expanded fan base sure to come with it. Please know that this comes from a place of love ... I see something in one of the promotional screenshots that I feel should not go unremarked upon:

YPiZ1Nr.png

Wil Myers has never played in the infield in the majors. He has a grand total of 15 games played at 3B in the minors, three years ago (2012). Now, Myers should go ahead and pinch hit for Mercer if the game is on the line, but this put the Padres in a really tough spot, lineup-wise. I don't know who else was left on the Padres bench (Yonder Alonso shouldn't play SS, either), but the end result of Myers at SS is the kind of emergency Hail Mary that only happens maybe once every few years to a given team. I, like every Giants fan, still clearly remember the image of Aubrey Huff failing to cover 2B in the one single inning he played there in a similar emergency in 2012; most of us still remember that one time that Randy Winn played 3B and Noah Lowry played RF. These are the kinds of moments that make a baseball season worth watching, but they are extremely rare. And they're much too common in OOTP.

I am a programmer who has written my own baseball simulation and lineup construction programs, so I know all about the computational complexity of optimizing the offense and defense using a certain list of players. I am not jumping up and down stomping my feet screaming "WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED THIS?!?!" But I would like to request that you please consider making this lineup management AI a higher priority so that these mildly immersion-breaking situations occur less often. Thank you for reading, and for putting out such an invaluably entertaining and realistic game year after year.

Edit: I don't want to derail a happy thread any more than I have, so I'll add to this comment. When Myers pinch hit for Mercer, there were still two middle infielders in the lineup: Tolleson and Barmes. I feel like one of them should have slid over to SS, and either Myers or Alonso could play 3B. I'm saying that this could have been solved either by not running out of bench players or by better shuffling the players already on the field. I still love the game! I'm pre-ordering as I type."

The in-game AI is still being worked on, no worries... sometimes though something like this has to happen because of injuries or other factors. There's no way to prevent it entirely. Also, I need to check wether Myers did indeed have a rating at SS in that test league
wink2.gif
Again, all still a work in progress and 5 weeks left until release to do tweaks.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Brian McCann with only 93 Wrc+?

Wait, WRC+?!? Yess, been waiting for it since forever. So much better than OPS+

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Let's get this ish organized so I know what I need to do. I want to stress you aren't obligated to give any keys away, this is just so I know who needs it before the 15th when it goes back to $40. I'll update as we go

orlando - yankee - ou - doh - wendell - rutgers mike - schauwn - karl - radford
jd
- osick - fignuts - wolfman - gooksta - leach - reel - lloyd - bdub

Pre-ordered or will pre-order - keys given
OU - fignuts and wolfman
Osi - wendell gee
Yankee - orlando

I'm pretty sure @Rutgers Mike @Karl Hungus and @jdlikewhoa are a tandem. I'll cross them off.

That leaves @Schauwn @Bdub @doh and @NML

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'll go in with anyone just let me know...

And yeah that'd be really good to see some sort of AI improvement with situations like that. I've had a bunch of guys play out of position this year or have a guy who is stronger rated play out of position with another guy. I get this is hard for a game to simulate but they've gotta make an effort to get better at it.

Gooksta

I'll go in with anyone just let me know...

And yeah that'd be really good to see some sort of AI improvement with situations like that. I've had a bunch of guys play out of position this year or have a guy who is stronger rated play out of position with another guy. I get this is hard for a game to simulate but they've gotta make an effort to get better at it.
You can have one of my keys for free

Schauwn

I'll take everyone's money.

What is needed from me? I dont mind buying my own copy if things are uneven.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Did I say "we're going to play on 16 now even though I know you don't have it"?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This will be interesting

"Just imported my 87 year old league and immediately get this message from the owner:

Personal Message from Owner Brendan Lambright Jr.: New Goals: Home,

Thank you for your years of service with the Chicago White Sox. Here's to another 87 years!
I will submit some new goals each year that I would like to see you accomplish. As well as winning on the field and turning a profit, completing these goals is the best way to keep me happy:

Reach the Playoffs
Upgrade at Center Field
Improve your team Runs Scored
Sign Brian Maynard to an extension
Acquire a Glove Wizard Award winner
Build a team that can bring a championship home in the next 5 seasons

I will check in with you again next season. Good Luck!

Brendan Lambright Jr.

Love it!!!!"