• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Accounting Class

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well I can't see his projected stuff so you are probably right, what I said applies to his last year numbers and why he has 9.4 in cash instead of 10

Bruin last year is -11.8m in Revenue-expenses, paid down by 10m in cash, with 11.2 in rev sharing brings his cash around to 9.4 rather than 10.

Cairo had -2m in Revenue-expenses, paid down by 2m in cash, leaving him 8m in cash -2m in rev sharing = 6m in cash which he has this year.

Essentially next year's cash will be lower than 10m if you have to pay down a debt in revenue-expenses for that year and/or if revenue sharing brings your cash below 10m (before the 10m limit is applied)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Your contract probably hasnt run out from when you competed. Theyre usually 4 year deals

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's what I'm doing anyway, my scout blows. I only need him to find talent overseas I can use OSA for the rest.
Do you put anything into scouting? I put everything into international now, but I don't think that helps with finds.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
So I think these are the formulas derived from all this

Next year's Budget: Total Regular Revenue + Small Influence from Owner attributes? + Small Influence from total Profit = Budget - Any Loss in the Season End Balance after Cash payoff

Next year's Cash will be lower than 10M if: Total Revenue-Total Expenses(Incl. Playoff Rev) is negative and current cash cannot pay off what remains. E.g. -15m Season End Balance, +10m in Cash = -5m cash before rev sharing. So Next Year's Cash = Season End Balance Deficit after Cash +/- Rev sharing. (I can't put this in formula form, am dumb) If you have less than 10m cash same rule applies, so -5m End Balance with only 2m in cash to pay off = -3mm cash the next year before rev sharing
another e.g. -5m Season End Balance, +10m in Cash = $5M in cash +/- rev sharing for next season. so I think the formula is Cash - End Balance = Next year's Cash (if both values are positive then it's likely to be 10m but not guaranteed)

Season End Balance: Regular Revenue + Playoff Revenue - Total Expenses. If this value is negative, any cash will be used to pay it off.

If you have a negative in cash from a prior season (See 2049 Istanbul from 2048), that cash will be taken from your season end balance.

Money for FA: Revenue+Cash-Expenses.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So I think these are the formulas derived from all this

Next year's Budget: Total Regular Revenue + Small Influence from Owner attributes? + Small Influence from total Profit = Budget - Any Loss in the Season End Balance after Cash payoff

Next year's Cash will be lower than 10M if: Total Revenue-Total Expenses(Incl. Playoff Rev) is negative and current cash cannot pay off what remains. E.g. -15m Season End Balance, +10m in Cash = -5m cash before rev sharing. So Next Year's Cash = Season End Balance Deficit after Cash +/- Rev sharing. (I can't put this in formula form, am dumb) If you have less than 10m cash same rule applies, so -5m End Balance with only 2m in cash to pay off = -3mm cash the next year before rev sharing
another e.g. -5m Season End Balance, +10m in Cash = $5M in cash +/- rev sharing for next season. so I think the formula is Cash - End Balance = Next year's Cash (if both values are positive then it's likely to be 10m but not guaranteed)

Season End Balance: Regular Revenue + Playoff Revenue - Total Expenses. If this value is negative, any cash will be used to pay it off.

If you have a negative in cash from a prior season (See 2049 Istanbul from 2048), that cash will be taken from your season end balance.

Money for FA: Revenue+Cash-Expenses.

:laughing: that's confusing.

Current year's budget = Last year's regular season revenue (with a $1M-$2M variance)

Starting Balance = Last year's total balance, +/- revenue sharing, - cash from owner if any

Season End Balance = Starting Balance + Total Revenue - Total Expenses

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That is a simple FAQ friendly way of putting it though I still think it's important to note that so far we can only see budgets go down if you make a loss on your Season End Balance, everything else seems (mostly) tied to Revenue now. So basically the Rat deal dumb now for Schauwn even though it was really smart last game

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That is a simple FAQ friendly way of putting it though I still think it's important to note that so far we can only see budgets go down if you make a loss on your Season End Balance, everything else seems (mostly) tied to Revenue now. So basically the Rat deal dumb now for Schauwn even though it was really smart last game

Budgets only go down if revenue goes down now. You can do whatever you want and your budget will be as much as you make. Doesn't mean your effective budget can't be different though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea the problem is I listed it as my END BE ALL list and then I was questioning my self halfway through, that was really a rough draft still, yours is cleaner

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well Bruin's budget is $600k less than his revenues last year because he made a loss. I mean it's not that important to note since that's a small amount but it was 50% of his (After cash/before rev sharing)loss that he also lost in budget. So maybe it's applicable if someone's dumb and loses like 30m, we don't know how low their budget will drop

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The game does all the calculations for you anyway you just need to know what theyre doing.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I mean I honestly didn't care before today, but Travis roped me in with the graphs and charts and I was really intrigued that my budget went up so much and I'm glad to know why now, and we also now know what guys like Osick and Bruin need to do since they could be facing less or negative cash in the future

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I stopped caring too, then travis broke me by explaining the one thing I didn't figure out. It was a eureka moment that finalized the whole accounting section

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Travis7401, now that you've withstood my assholishness and understand it fully, do you think there are any things we could do better? Srs question. I'm open to cash raising, but I need to think more on how it affects more than the bottom feeders

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well if you increase cash too much it allows big teams to run big deficits for a year or two while not taking a hit to their cash reserves, that just helps zone small teams out of talent more. I mean I love the idea of removing restrictions on IFAs(if that's even possible, haven't been in the menu for a while, I think you can increase the limit from 4M tho) but again I'm biased because I'm sitting on 80mm right now.

What about increasing the Draft slot baseline? It would force teams that are running huge payrolls to go cheaper and maybe allow for some guys to fall based on their demands to teams with a big profit margin?

The thing is knowing how budgets work now I don't think small teams will have trouble getting into the big leagues once they start winning since it's based on revenues and winning brings attendance, it's just a matter of making sure they can win which I think we already proved (me three years ago, KW) is possible

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't really know what the options are, but I'd say one thing that might help is to eliminate or ease the IFA restrictions on certain teams, as that would at least give you an incentive to be fiscally conservative with salaries. Obviously none of the bottom teams want to go big in normal free agency because it doesn't make sense for them to add typically old players, but being able to sign IFAs can make a nice difference in the future... My understanding of the $4M limit is that if I exceed it in one season I can't exceed it the next year? That puts a pretty big limit on what I can do with my budget.

The bottomline is that it isn't all that hard to put together a .350-.400 type team incredibly cheaply because there is a ton of midlevel talent floating around. Anybody should be able to do this with a $40M budget. With baseline budgets set by TV revenue, revenue sharing, etc you are literally guaranteed at least $60m-70M revenue and probably more. These teams that know they aren't going to be in the playoffs should at least be able to go big on IFAs every year.

As we've also seen, tanking for draft picks is dangerous for teams who already have attendance problems, because their future budgets will be limited. Yankee was kind of an exception because he's still got holdover fan interest and a nice TV deal from his winning days. If Bruin and Schauwn and Zachmills want bigger budgets, they need to start winning.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think the every other year thing allows a better distribution of IFA. Otherwise OU would just sign them all every year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
How, I have 80m to spend this year and there's no way he'd get any good ones between me and Travis, or if he did it would be at the expense of extensions or real FA so he'd be dumb to bidding war us. I mean we could always just change the limit from 4m to 10m or something like that and that might work. Doesn't have to start off drastic

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Maybe we just need a posting system and spawn the Spacetopia Baseball League on the side so we can sign their top prospects, File Size would be 100 tb though

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
How, I have 80m to spend this year and there's no way he'd get any good ones between me and Travis, or if he did it would be at the expense of extensions or real FA so he'd be dumb to bidding war us. I mean we could always just change the limit from 4m to 10m or something like that and that might work. Doesn't have to start off drastic
Oh I don't think it would be all that difficult.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I cant anymore now that my roster is in the middle of the maturation process. Back in the day though i had $60M+ erryear

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well if you increase cash too much it allows big teams to run big deficits for a year or two while not taking a hit to their cash reserves, that just helps zone small teams out of talent more. I mean I love the idea of removing restrictions on IFAs(if that's even possible, haven't been in the menu for a while, I think you can increase the limit from 4M tho) but again I'm biased because I'm sitting on 80mm right now.

What about increasing the Draft slot baseline? It would force teams that are running huge payrolls to go cheaper and maybe allow for some guys to fall based on their demands to teams with a big profit margin?

The thing is knowing how budgets work now I don't think small teams will have trouble getting into the big leagues once they start winning since it's based on revenues and winning brings attendance, it's just a matter of making sure they can win which I think we already proved (me three years ago, KW) is possible
Idont think its broken or anything, but i want the lower budget teams to have more fun i guess.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea I don't mind if no changes are made but would be nice to spend some present cash instead of wasting it to the Computarius Family bank account

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean its just a fact that lower budget teams are just hamstrung in what they can do, they still need to pay some attention to try and increase revenue but it's basically where they have to play 3-6 days a season and then check in sporadically throughout. Then draft. I really dont know what we can do to fix that.

I could just lift the cap on IFAs though. Fiscally conservative bottom feeders would then be able to outspend everyone every year. Maybe every other year is capless. Idk

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Problem with that is when those ifas get into the league we've created monster teams that is a bit unrealistic