• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 4 presented by THE GOUT

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
That should about do it. The media is probably gonna talk about Doeren getting over the hump with this win, but the eye test tells you that's bullshit. FSU is not a ranked team right now, at all.

Do love me some Chubb doe

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm fine with targeting as long as they're willing to review it and reverse when they get it wrong. Headhunting isn't cool.

Wolfman21

That should about do it. The media is probably gonna talk about Doeren getting over the hump with this win, but the eye test tells you that's bullshit. FSU is not a ranked team right now, at all.

Do love me some Chubb doe

Lol. This team is cursed. When it comes to winning time, they do everything wrong

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Jesus Sumlin. Just lost 2 shots at the endzone because of idiotic clock management. Why are you running with 26 seconds and the clock running from the 10 when a TD wins it?

Soonerfan09

I'm fine with targeting as long as they're willing to review it and reverse when they get it wrong. Headhunting isn't cool.

I'm fine with the penalty and think it's good for the game; however, I hate the ejection part. I think players should be ejected after the second targeting call, similar to unsportsmanlike conduct and I absolutely hate that players who get ejected in the second half of a game have to miss the first half of the next game. There are too many bang-bang plays and very iffy, subjective calls to eject a player after the first offense. I believe a player for FSU had to sit out the first half against Alabama because he got a targeting penalty in the second half of their bowl game last season. That needs to go.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Remember when Arky fans thought they "stole" a corch from a successful B1G program? Lol BERT might be one of the worst corches in football

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Apparently Maryland is going to have to go to their 3rd QB of the year. Hill got hurt. Man, that sucks for them after looking so promising early.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm fine with the penalty and think it's good for the game; however, I hate the ejection part. I think players should be ejected after the second targeting call, similar to unsportsmanlike conduct and I absolutely hate that players who get ejected in the second half of a game have to miss the first half of the next game. There are too many bang-bang plays and very iffy, subjective calls to eject a player after the first offense. I believe a player for FSU had to sit out the first half against Alabama because he got a targeting penalty in the second half of their bowl game last season. That needs to go.
On bang bang plays in the secondary, sure. But a full second late hit on a QB to the dome? That's not an accident. Maybe the answer is to pull from the NBA flagrant 1/2 designation.

Soonerfan09

On bang bang plays in the secondary, sure. But a full second late hit on a QB to the dome? That's not an accident. Maybe the answer is to pull from the NBA flagrant 1/2 designation.

That's not a terrible idea, and I would probably be ok with that. Anything would be better than what it is now.

Soonerfan09

Since TCU touched the ball on the punt first, OSU should still get the ball, right? Or am I confused on that rule?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Tell me what the score of the NCSU-FSU game is based off this thread alone

You'd think it was 50-7 FSU thanks to the sadsack NC State fans
They are kings of the reverse jynx. Also FSU loses to NC State every year in every sport, so I don't know who they're fooling

At least I can finally dust off these university of miami shirts.

Soonerfan09

Yeah, punt isn't a live ball until the receiving team touches it.

Not sure if you are watching, but what happened is TCU tried to down the punt by batting it down around the 10 or so. Some idiot OSU player goes for a block and hits the ball and is recovered by TCU. Would that be TCU's ball or OSU's? For some reason, I was under the impression that since TCU has already touched the ball, even if OSU touches it and TCU recovers, it would still be OSU's ball, but TCU was given the ball...even after the first player that touched it was flagged for illegal touching.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, punt isn't a live ball until the receiving team touches it.
You can also kick a field goal as long as the ball hasn't crossed the LOS. A dude in a D2 game volleyed one in that got blocked or something last week.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not sure if you are watching, but what happened is TCU tried to down the punt by batting it down around the 10 or so. Some idiot OSU player goes for a block and hits the ball and is recovered by TCU. Would that be TCU's ball or OSU's? For some reason, I was under the impression that since TCU has already touched the ball, even if OSU touches it and TCU recovers, it would still be OSU's ball, but TCU was given the ball...even after the first player that touched it was flagged for illegal touching.
You're right. If the kicking team touches it first the receiving team can then muff it or touch it and keep possession.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
BT4_QUmCUAAHkwL.jpg

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni

you are right but OSU committed a penalty on the play which gave TCU first down yardage. So TCU got the ball on the 35ish rather than the 5. I think when the kicking team touches it the receiving team can go after the ball with no risk of a muff.

Soonerfan09

you are right but OSU committed a penalty on the play which gave TCU first down yardage. So TCU got the ball on the 35ish rather than the 5. I think when the kicking team touches it the receiving team can go after the ball with no risk of a muff.

Wasn't the penalty a hold on the return? And TCU had an illegal touching penalty. In that case, should the penalties not offset and re-kick?

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Wasn't the penalty a hold on the return? And TCU had an illegal touching penalty. In that case, should the penalties not offset and re-kick?

I think the guy misquoted by saying "illegal touching." There was really nothing that was an illegal touch that anyone saw, the commentaters were saying they didn't see an illegal touch because the guy that touched it was coming from the middle of the field not from out of bounds. I'm not sure where the hold occured, nor certain of the rule (if it happens pre-kick vs. post kick does that matter?).

Soonerfan09

I think the guy misquoted by saying "illegal touching." There was really nothing that was an illegal touch that anyone saw, the commentaters were saying they didn't see an illegal touch because the guy that touched it was coming from the middle of the field not from out of bounds. I'm not sure where the hold occured, nor certain of the rule (if it happens pre-kick vs. post kick does that matter?).

That makes sense. I do believe if the holding is prekick, it results in yardage for the kicking team (as opposed to backing up the receiving team) because until the ball is kicked, the flanker/SE/whatever would be view as a receiver.

I just assumed since it was a Big 12 crew that they dicked everything up.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
That makes sense. I do believe if the holding is prekick, it results in yardage for the kicking team (as opposed to backing up the receiving team) because until the ball is kicked, the flanker/SE/whatever would be view as a receiver.

I just assumed since it was a Big 12 crew that they dicked everything up.

This crew definitely seems fucked. Right after that play did you see they did a review to see if Hills throw away hit the skycam wire? Wtf would that even mean if it did? A do over?

Soonerfan09

This crew definitely seems fucked. Right after that play did you see they did a review to see if Hills throw away hit the skycam wire? Wtf would that even mean if it did? A do over?

Haha, they have a conference over every single call. I do like that the referee (I think his name is Reggie Smith) explains absolutely everything, although not always correctly, apparently.

But yeah, I saw that. Not sure what they would do. I would imagine it would be similar to when a punter hit the scoreboard at Jerry's World a few years back. I think it was just a redo.