• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 5 prestented by De Dump De Dump like stupid TWITTER babby

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Seriously - even if USC somehow survives this, they're gonna fuck up against Utah, or Colorado, or UCLA, and would likely be obliterated in any playoff game against an actual Top 4 team.

I can't wait to see Wazzu and their like average #50 overall recruiting class go up against Don Brown and Michigan's defense!

Just kidding, they'd get 40lb boxed by UDub first

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Seriously - even if USC somehow survives this, they're gonna fuck up against Utah, or Colorado, or UCLA, and would likely be obliterated in any playoff game against an actual Top 4 team.

giphy.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Just fucking tackle, you idiots.

Dumbassery trying to rip the ball out on every play lets them get an extra 3 or 4 yards all the time.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
[Sigh]

Oh well, maybe losing tonight will take all the pressure off, since they likely won't possibly be able to climb into playoff contention after this loss, and they'll PLAY BETTER the rest of the year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I actually cant remember a single game this year that hasnt ended up going to the unlikable team in the dying moments Florida x 2, PSU x 1, USC x 5

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
This is the week @bruin228 splooges all over hisselfs when Darnold and the injury-ridden Trojans finally fall.

USC plays @ Warshingtern State on a Friday night. Historically USC has struggled in odd-day games on the road, and playing in the hinterlands of the Palouse, against a tough WSU squad, seems to spell doom.

SC has looked like warm refuse in most of their first four games. They struggled with Western Meatchicken before realizing their atholetes were bigger, faster, and stronger than WMU'S atholetes, and what looked like a solid win against their bugaboo Stanford had some of the shine taken off when the Farm consequently lost to SDSU. They then damn near lost to Texas, and were really saved by a handful of miracle plays and a clutch kicker.

The California game was closer than it should have been, and it was only Cal self-destructing eating the special at the 9mm cafe that made the score comfortably in USC'S favor.

giphy.gif

To me, this game is too early in the season for Wazzu, to me. The offense does not look good right now to their standards. The run game has been especially awful. They're not clicking in a way that these upsets usually seem to happen, with the underdog breaking out to a quick 2-3 score lead at home and trying to hold USC types off. I just don't see it this week. I really hope they win though.

LEACH-F-U.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
tEh iT fACtOR

Yup. WSU D-line said TAG, YOU'RE IT!

Oh well. It was bound to happen sooner or later. USC already had lots of question marks going into the season, and now, they've been suffering a slew of injuries.

One bright spot is the emergence of Tyler Vaughns. He's good, and a bigger target than Deontay Burnett. If they both can get going, Darnold may have targets like he did last year.

However, the O-line play was totally shameful. And with a coach that wants to play ball-control offense, that's not gonna be good going forward when Darnold is going to be repeatedly trying to convert 3rd and 8 situations.

Pendergast's bend-don't-break defense is good in spots, but when your offense can't get shit going, you're gonna have a long night and gonna get gassed, as we saw it that last drive when WSU did to USC what USC used to do to other teams.

Eh - I look forward to seeing Darnold in Cleveland orange next year.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Again, there will be no LA-based team in the Rose Bowl Game this season. Boldly predicting this on the ground of this being a CFP match and the Pac-12 not up to standard as a relevant conference this year.
You have a good day, Nutopians.

bruin

Darnold has been average at best this season. Should have lost to Texas. Cal dropped 3 INT's last week.

No where near the talent as Rosen, but mahhawd the IT FACTOR. Darnold is a square, and his arm rivallzzz Matt Barkley's.

Sucks UCLA is a lost cause. That game could be fun at the end of the year for the South..lol.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
arguing with my cousin at 6am this morning... he's saying USC is overrated and the Pac12 gets no respect in the same sentence. Besides pointing out that that doesn't make sense, feel free to throw up some talking points for me to pwn him with all damn day today.

Also, sadly Corso is a shell of his mental self this season.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
arguing with my cousin at 6am this morning... he's saying USC is overrated and the Pac12 gets no respect in the same sentence. Besides pointing out that that doesn't make sense, feel free to throw up some talking points for me to pwn him with all damn day today.

Also, sadly Corso is a shell of his mental self this season.

USC is overrated (they are every year - that's the legacy of being historically successful), and the Pac12 also doesn't get respect because, outside of USC repeatedly punking their B1G opponents in the Rose Bowl, most of their conference mates haven't fared well in big-time OOC matchups.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
USC is overrated (they are every year - that's the legacy of being historically successful), and the Pac12 also doesn't get respect because, outside of USC repeatedly punking their B1G opponents in the Rose Bowl, most of their conference mates haven't fared well in big-time OOC matchups.
I sort of explained this but I used bowl games instead of ooc, but right on mate.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
I still feel that if $C is consistently ranked in the top 5 at the beginning of the year... that is in fact showing respect to the p12

CJ_24

I think dirt is conflating the reputation of one program with the reputation of every program in the conference as a whole. If one team (USC) is ranked in the top 5, that shows respect for that program. If, however, for example, at the same time the rest of the conference is not ranked, that may illustrate a lack of respect for the rest of the conference as a whole.