• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050-2051 OFF SEASON THREAD (GET YOUR WBL ROSTERS DOWN TO 25 MEN)

jdlikewhoa

Lol. With a FIP around 4.00 he's probably worth 3-5m as a back end starter. People will be scared by his age though and you probably will steal him for a MilC

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

LEACH-F-U.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lol, you don't have to if it was dumb.
You're still learning. If a longer term guy did it id laugh at him. Well I'm laughing at you too, but i also know there are some ambiguous things in this game. This whole process of one day to sign picks is over though.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I just had something funny happen. I declined to offer one of my players arbitration (withdrew offer) and he signed with me anyway, albeit at a lesser amount. The arbiter "ruled in favor of your team" and gave the player $2M this season instead of his $2.34M "demand." Is this normal? The player in question is Hoyt Easton and I'd rather not have him.

I don't know how arbitration works in real life, so this is a general baseball question, should I have released him to be sure?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I just had something funny happen. I declined to offer one of my players arbitration (withdrew offer) and he signed with me anyway, albeit at a lesser amount. The arbiter "ruled in favor of your team" and gave the player $2M this season instead of his $2.34M "demand." Is this normal? The player in question is Hoyt Easton and I'd rather not have him.

I don't know how arbitration works in real life, so this is a general baseball question, should I have released him to be sure?

That's never happened to me, but I've had guys sign a minor contract even though I withdrew. I guess they're just desperate to play for the Miners.

Wolfman21

The OOTP news creator is the gift that keeps on giving:

Gauchos starting pitcher Pepe Torres is recovering at a local hospital today and is reportedly in fair condition after suffering a severe electrical shock at his home yesterday. According to team officials Torres, had been doing some remodeling in his basement when he was electrocuted by an exposed wire. An initial report late last night indicated Torres was unconscious when an ambulance arrived and that he may have gone into cardiac arrest while being transported to the hospital, but that rumor could not be substantiated today. "Frankly, he's lucky to be alive," said teammate Tin-jong Tsao, who visited Torres in the hospital this morning. "His doctors say his prognosis is very good, but he's gonna be out of commission for a little while." A hospital spokesman indicated that Torres will likely be released tomorrow. However, team officials suggest it may be at least a week before he will be allowed to return to full activity.

cardiac arrest....lucky to be alive...return in one week.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Weird, I cut some players (like Piper) in game before arb. They ended up going to arbitration and staying on my team? Even if I screwed up and didn't cut Piper I can't find any record of cutting anyone last sim, and I cut like 5 or 6 players.

But other changes that I made (like extending Fat Tire for a year) actually took. WTF?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
None of my cuts took either. :(

Another year of @doh trolling me for having 40 shitheads making 490k.

Edit: Nevermind, I lied I just re-downloaded and all the cuts look correct.