• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050-2051 OFF SEASON THREAD (GET YOUR WBL ROSTERS DOWN TO 25 MEN)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Weird, I cut some players (like Piper) in game before arb. They ended up going to arbitration and staying on my team? Even if I screwed up and didn't cut Piper I can't find any record of cutting anyone last sim, and I cut like 5 or 6 players.

But other changes that I made (like extending Fat Tire for a year) actually took. WTF?
That's happened to me the last two years. I cut guys or dont offer arb and they end up with minor league contracts without me doing it

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well I had an export from everyone but fignuts. Just tell me who I need to cut. I'll change them to a minor contract so they don't cost you budget dollars. PM me a list, don't post it in here, I'll probably look over it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't know why he would do that. I just signed him to his retirement contract. He can't live off $130m in career earnings?

Also I had a player accept my offer instead of do arbitration. Never seen that.
You'll need to sign him a little longer I think.

Lloyd Carr

This arbitration thing is ridiculous.

The game says your arb. estimate is $1.9M, and the game also says to low-ball just in case. Well I offer $1.5M instead, since the game tells me I shouldn't assume he'll be granted the full $1.9M. So.....how come the dude ends up with $2.75M?

Why tell me to low-ball if you're just going to give him an extra ~1M? Ever since we started 16, this ends up happening. I haven't won an arbitration hearing since OOTP 15. But I keep trying for some stupid reason.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This arbitration thing is ridiculous.

The game says your arb. estimate is $1.9M, and the game also says to low-ball just in case. Well I offer $1.5M instead, since the game tells me I shouldn't assume he'll be granted the full $1.9M. So.....how come the dude ends up with $2.75M?

Why tell me to low-ball if you're just going to give him an extra ~1M? Ever since we started 16, this ends up happening. I haven't won an arbitration hearing since OOTP 15. But I keep trying for some stupid reason.
You are surprised arb works how arb should work?

jdlikewhoa

Some reel e good FAs out there this year. I can't wait to see how much some of them are gonna go for especially with the way the playoff race in the SL shook out last year.

Lloyd Carr

You are surprised arb works how arb should work?

I feel like I was lied to. I don't like being told: "oh hey, here's what we're gonna give this guy. But you know, you can always offer less than that, because we're not sticklers for giving him that initial judgment..." and then have them ignore my offer and instead give him more than what they were initially going to give him.

Why tell me to low-ball if you're just going to go back and give him more money than what you were initially going to give him? What sense does that make?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Because it goes both ways. Arb estimate is just that, an estimate. The awarded amount could be higher or lower. If you can offer less, what makes you think the player can't ask for more?

I don't get how you were lied to :laughing: unless you just don't understand how arbitration works.

Lloyd Carr

Well don't tell me to offer a lower amount if you're going to award the player more than that initial estimate.

I think every arb estimate I've had over $850K in OOTP 16 has ended up with the player getting more money than their initial estimate. I don't remember it being like that in OOTP 14 and 15.

/OOTP 16 sucks rant

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Thought I was going to get my offer withdrawn...

I'll gladly start it over tho
Well we haven't pulled exports yet, so as long as you start over and redownload and then reexport you will be fine. Only offers that get through to tonight's sim will be withdrew.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah offer all the FAs you want, just dont give me that file at 10pm.

Lol at lloyd and arbitration. It says you can offer lower if you want and then the arbitrator will decide what is fair. Ive won and lost a bunch. Arent you a paralegal or something? How do you not know what arbitration is?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
And yeah, that's a lesson for next off season. I should clarify when i say friday i mean Friday's sim. Not Thursday's sim. I'll make a mental note and forget so I'll make the same mistake next year

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I talk in riddles all of the time so nobody knows what to do. Everything can be read two ways though, it probably makes a lot of sense to schauwn now but reading it the first time it probably didn't register. But yeah, that's like an every other day thing

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All of us dumb. So if each person dumbs once every few weeks that adds up to at least one person dumbing per day.