• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 17

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Squad for profit - The Spaniards in 3-5-2!

SQUAD STATS
Match coins in 12 games = 20,210 (1,684 per game average)

MVP = LLorente! (ST) Won the MOTM award 5 times and scored in all but one game. Was a straight up beast and his finishing was so good

Notable Player = Iago Aspas (ST) the loan player was really solid, scoring 4 goals and 4 assists in his games. Was cool to be able to utilize a loan player in the squad

Notable Player = Castro (CF) played both CAM and ST for me and outshined Bojan for sure. Really good finishing and his positioning was the best on the team.

Notable Player = Lopez (CDM) Managed a couple MOTM awards and notched 5 total assists to lead the team.

Disappointment = Guerro (ST) Was so bad compared to the other striker options. Just average or below average at everything and couldn't finish.

Total Squad Profit = 27,058

[xtable=skin1|@x413]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=103x@}Player{/td}
{td=73x@}Position{/td}
{td=73x@}Bought For{/td}
{td=81x@}Sold F0r{/td}
{td=72x@}Notes{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Aidan{/td}
{td}GK{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td}700{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Iraizoz{/td}
{td}GK{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td}700{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ximo Navarro{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}700{/td}
{td}1100{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bigas{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alvaro{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td}600{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Laguardia{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}550{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sergio Sanchez{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}550{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Miguel Flano{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td}In Club{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mikel San Jose{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td}900{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Javi Garcia{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td}950{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Javi Fuego{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}David Lopez{/td}
{td}CDM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jonathan Viera{/td}
{td}LM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}750{/td}
{td}In Club{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Diego Capel{/td}
{td}LM{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}450{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joaquin{/td}
{td}RM{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Susaeta{/td}
{td}RW{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bojan{/td}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}2900{/td}
{td}Pack Player{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Diego Castro{/td}
{td}CF{/td}
{td}300{/td}
{td}500{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Iago Aspas{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Loan Player{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Llorente{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}650{/td}
{td}950{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Borja Baston{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}400{/td}
{td}600{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Javi Guerra{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}350{/td}
{td}550{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} 8,400{/td}
{td} 16,050{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Profit{/td}
{td} 6,848{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Got Bojan in draft and he's very good. Also have had Coquelin twice and he's been very solid at CDM, don't know how his price will go though

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Just packed a Sturridge from my second draft pack. Think I hold or should I sell now? I could probably fund another draft token or a new regular squad with him but I could also build a squad around him since he fits my playstyle pretty well.

NML

I'd play with him for six games, then sell. He was a blast when I had him in a draft.

NML

Here's the squad I built around Milik

IMG_1171.PNG

Milik isn't a typical target man, but he doesn't a decent job at it. He's a bit of a lovable oaf, honestly. I think he had 7 goals and 2 assists in his first seven games, but he still wasn't as dominant as I would've liked (four goals came in one game).

Asamoah was definitely my favorite player. He's the perfect anti-puber midfielder. He bosses the middle and he destroys seemingly 10 attacks a game. I played all but two with a CDM and the two CMs (Allan is a similar breed to Asa), but De Rossi was pretty much crap. Went with an attacking mid and haven't liked to much better so far. I think I'll go with just three CMs since I try to have a lot of movement from midfield, might work better.

The wingers have been pretty disappointing. But playing with a narrow team before this didn't work any better either. I like Evra and Lichsteiner doe.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Looks like Sturridge is going for around 80k or so. Hard to tell for certain. Don't know if that'll go up more or not :thinking:

Made a La Liga squad with some help from the EASFC extra match coins. http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/760284/ Probably going to sell the Musonda guy since he's a fast 5 star skiller but waiting to see what I can get for him market wise. Alcacer is kinda akward to play because he's 5'9 but isn't really a pacey type. Gotta learn to balance him and Correa.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Damn u guys and ur pack luck! I spent like $10 real dollars on fifa points and got such shit, lol. My best pull so far was from a squad builder challenge and it was Luke Shaw (tradeable). The untradeable premium gold cards I've pulled are all like 78 OVR fuckshits.

I do like Ultimate Team a lot more this year in that it gives you more opportunity to open packs without spending stupid amounts of coins to do so. That scratch ticket gambling rush is fun and all, but stupid AF to actually buy them.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
4 wins in draft mode is where the money is at. Granted its 15k for a token but you get two packs, one of which is a jumbo for winning. Plus no contract/fitness wasting

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

NML

Yesterday I won three games and got two premium gold packs and one jumbo. Jackpot

Today I won all four and got one regular gold and one premium. Boo

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Am I right to assume you are doing offline drafts? Or do you do online?

I am with Travis, I've never gotten anyone that bring sin more than 2k or so in packs.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
huh, that's weird. I was under the impression that the pack prizes were the same and didn't depend on difficulty either.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I think the prizes are the same no matter the difficulty but the coinage is different. Im also under the impression the prizes are the same on and offline.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I did mine on professional and got the same both times. If the prizes vary then I guess it's a bit more risk for the 15k in coins.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
you always get at least 15000 coins worth of packs. the risk is losing early and one of them being a shitty premium silver.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Did one on Semi-Pro just to see. Still a Jumbo and a Premium. Really good value for 15k imo (if you weren't going to spend that money in the market, that is). Get about 2k for 4 games then the two packs

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Spent a non-zero amount of coins trying to get the loyalty squad challenge with a 5k prize and ended up realizing I needed them to be loyal for it to work :emo: Did manage to complete El Rondo but that was also exorbitant. Some 75 ovr Spanish CB from the nation that shall not be named league cost me 2.6k because everyone is using him for the challenge, LAWD

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think the rest of the squad cost me like 2k in total, it was that one guy I needed to finish it though

NML

Anyone won that yet? From what I've read, the weekend league has some ballet prizes.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
What is a ballet prize?

I've either lost in the first round or the second round, but I suck and I was playing with that 40 speed German team :laughing:

NML

Milik has been a lot of fun to play with. He holds up play decent enough and in recent games I've realized he's a solid header of the ball.

Also pulled a Benedetto IF last night. May make an Argentina team around him.

@Travis7401 its like a month before I want to sell him, right? What do you think about buying Falque IF today?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
While I get nervous about Week 2 IFs, Falque for under 12k should not be an issue at all. He seems a good looking player, surprised he's selling for so cheap.

Bendetto is one of those discard value IFs now and sometimes they never rise much. He's in an undesirable league, but at least he's got a good nationality and 5 star weak foot so he should get over 11 or 12k over time. Just up to you if you want to wait a month for 2k or if you could do more with that money in the mean time.

NML

I bought a Falque to put on the wings with Milik. 12k

That squad is pretty set with good players + two specials. Not sure whether to keep upgrading - my worry is that the non-special expensive cards are going to drop in value in about two weeks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, I'd avoid the non special expensive cards. I'd rather spend money on IFs if I'm planning on holding a squad for a while, since at least they hold value.

NML you inspired me with Falque, so I built my first all >80 squad. All the TOTW2 cards I picked up seemed reasonable to me! Pjanic is a loan player, so the only "expensive" card is Borja Vallero but I managed to snag him for 3k so it wasn't too bad. He might lose some value, but I bet the fact that he's a spaniard playing in Italy will make him useful in future SBC so I can probably find an opportunity to sell him for 3k again at some point. I mean he's also just a really good player, so I can't imagine him dropping below 2k.

29488314003_e5d2f140cc_b.jpg

I'll probably sell the TOTW1 Milik and upgrade to the Ones to Watch Milik, since their values are getting closer by the day. TOTW1 Milik is about 50k (bubble) and Ones to Watch Milik are going for 80-85k on open bids. Gonna watch for a few more days to see if trends continue or stabilize.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think one of my goals this year is going to be building a full bronze squad for each nation with enough players (and a double deep squad for larger nations).

Argentina and Australia in the books! Next up we've got Austria!

I'm trying to set it up so that I've got 22 players who can give each other rest for fitness and also play a variety of formations with good enough chemistry.

Here's the roster I've got so far:
3 strikers
4 wing players (L/R Mids/wings)
5 Central Mids (split between CDMs/CAMS/CMs depending on what players are best, at least 2 attack oriented and 2 defense oriented)
4 FBs
4 CBs
2 GKs

Here is top 11 Austria + 12 Argentina on the bench to swap in for fitness sub, lol.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=ZevIw5FanMlJr:FFA17PS4

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
How do you guys price transfers? Do you spread out the gap between bid price and BIN price or keep it small? I've been buying up Lucas Digne cards (still finding him for sub 1k but he's a Barcelona LB and one of the better ones in La Liga), listing them at 1.3k/2k. Only getting a couple of bites, some people buying 2k others around 1.4. Am I shooting myself in the foot not listing at 1.8/2? Feels like I'm getting people by having them invest in the card them they get into a bidding war so they settle at 2k, rather than something really wide like 1k/10k where they're likely to end at 1.3 after a couple of back and forths, or something like 1.6/1.7 where the initial price may be a bit too high for them.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Should I space them out, maybe? I've been getting people biting for the BIN price but I'm listing them together so others are going unbought altogether. I definitely know 2k is a floor for the card so I'm going to keep the BIN there but idk

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Just get rid of them at cost if needle. The grind of lower tiered cards just isn't worth it.

NML

Up to 100k in da bank. Never had that much before. Plus I've got my two teams built around Milik and Benedetto, one league (Serie A) and one nation (Argentina). Not bad for one week.

Those SBCs are like crack, man. I've done most and they are definitely profitable. I suppose once I pulled Milik OTW, it was always going to be profitable, but even without that it has been good to me.

Debating whether to get into the small time trading again. Especially with the SBCs, those weird values mean you can mass bid somebody and make probably 10k without much problem if you've got the capital.

3rd TOWT is out - eyeing up that Manolas card for next week. Maybe even pair him with Paletta. Would make four special cards on one squad.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think the best investment strategy ever would be to build build a squad to cheaply complete a SBC, then buy dozens of those players as cheaply as possible... then post the squad on FUTHEAD and Reddit (and tell me about it before you do it). All those "RONDO SBC <$2.5k" squads would cost well over double what the OP paid after it gets promoted a bit. Lazy millenials and all. Then you just sell ur stacks of newly inflated players.

If any of you decide to do that, let me know :laughing: