• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 17

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh, and btw I forgot to mention this. Ya'll should definitely purchase all the loan players possible in the EA catalogue even if you don't want to use them because you can use them in SBCs and save urself a good bit of money on some of the harder to complete challenges that require good players. Trading in a loan player with 0 contracts rather than quickselling them would rule.

jdlikewhoa

I just lost my ass speculating on Immobile. Woof. NIF Gayle doubled in price, which helped me recup some.

Another thing to pay attention to when selling off players.... I've had a lot of luck selling players by listing them for a low BIN even if they're not selling for that amount at auction.

I don't know if that was a thing in the past, or if it's just the way the market is early in the game, but I've instasold plenty of non rare golds by listing them for a 750-900 BIN, when they're only going for 350 once the auction time runs up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I always try to list the open bid and BIN price as close as possible. You want to sell for the BIN price. Basically you look up what the player is selling for at BIN (ie the lowest price for which there aren't pages and pages available) and list for that. Generally a player can be had for much cheaper on an open bid than their regular BIN price. Use the search by name option to your advantage, the FUTBIN type websites aren't updated often enough.

Then you make ur bidding strategy based on that. Prices fluctuate a lot so don't go sticking with ____ is worth ____ unless you check.

To give an example.

I search for Borja Vallero at BIN of 3,000 coins (what I paid on an open bid yesterday). I see 2 cards, both in about the 58th minute. I then search 3,100 coins and see 3+ pages of Borja Vallero at this price. This means 3k is the highest BIN value he'll quickly sell for right now (if you list him overnight you might be able to add a couple hundred due to market fluctuations). If I'm flipping players I want my money ASAP though.

So I know I can sell Borja for 3K coins in under 5 minutes with the current market. So that means the maximum I can pay for him and turn a profit is 2800 coins (selling for 3k = 2850 coins after tax). So I search for open bids under 2.8k and find several listed with less than a minute left with bids in the 1k range. I bid 1.1k and get into a bidding war with whatever bot/person is currently price fixing his BIN. Still, I managed to land half a dozen of them between 2.2k and 2.7k in a 30 second flurry of bidding. If I hadn't showed up this dude/bot would have landed them all for 1.1-1.2k. So if you can find a player who isn't being mined you can make a mint.

The other method is to just set the BIN below 2.8k and refresh over and over again until you snag some. There is usually more competition in this method from bots and it is hard to compete with a script.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Now the bot has started matching my lower price listings and there are about 8 listed at 3K, but all 58 minutes or further out. I can list at 3k and probably sell or I can fuck with the bot and list at 2.9k and have it buy instantly (confirmed the one I listed at 2.9k sold instantly, so we dealing with a bot likely).

The thing about bots is they usually want a minimum of 300 coins per trade, so if you are willing to accept less you can fuck with them.

The good news is that I was able to swap the Borja in my club with 2 contracts left that I bought for 3k yesterday for one I bought for 2.2k today that has 7 contracts. So I'll lose about 150 coins on the one I bought yesterday (due to tax) but that's not terrible considering I got to use the contracts.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Update: 5/6 of them sold within 2 minutes (I listed one at 3.1k to see, it hasn't sold yet).

bought for 2.2 (swapped with 3k, but lets ignore that for this calc) ,2.4,2.5, 2.7,2.7,2.7) = 15.2 Total

Sold for 1x2.9k 4x3k (lets assume the 5th one sells for 3k as well) = 17.9 pre tax = 17k post tax

Profit = 17.9-15.2 = 2.7k on about 30 seconds of open bidding and less than 5 minutes up for sale

The trick is to cycle between several players doing this so you don't force the bot master to re-set his tolerances. If you fuck with the bot too long, the guy running the script will really close the gap on you until they are buying everything at the break even point (and they have a LOT more coins than you do)

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
I think the best investment strategy ever would be to build build a squad to cheaply complete a SBC, then buy dozens of those players as cheaply as possible... then post the squad on FUTHEAD and Reddit (and tell me about it before you do it). All those "RONDO SBC <$2.5k" squads would cost well over double what the OP paid after it gets promoted a bit. Lazy millenials and all. Then you just sell ur stacks of newly inflated players.

If any of you decide to do that, let me know :laughing:

I was just thinking this as i was scrolling down reading NML's SBC posts. Our own little Utopia price fixing. haha.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Just pulled an Alba from a draft pack! I almost lost the game because I got a red card with my striker at 22' after I scored, so I had to park the bus pretty hard. Don't know what I'll do with the card yet, I could probably buy a really nice OTW or some in forms since he's going for about 130k

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Just pulled an Alba from a draft pack! I almost lost the game because I got a red card with my striker at 22' after I scored, so I had to park the bus pretty hard. Don't know what I'll do with the card yet, I could probably buy a really nice OTW or some in forms since he's going for about 130k
Nice! I almost lost my final game as I let the cpu score one early and hit the post 8 times, but I eventually got a 2nd goal in the late 80s to secure it. Did not open the packs yet.

Then played a couple of online games and lost both 1-0 after hitting the posts a bunch more times. :emo:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My idea to buy a bunch of bronze players for every nation has turned out well :laughing:

got like 25 Australian bronzes in the club all bought for 150-200 coins and they are currently selling for +600 BIN

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also been buying all the Bronze IFs (not investment, I just like bronze cards). Gotta buy 3 this week, woof.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Otw mustafi acquired after completing the sbc. Going to hold I guess. Starting to really carve out a nice premier league group of cards if I want to move on them, I'm tempted to sell Sturridge + Mustafi and go for something like otw Kante

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I got fleeced on a couple too. Did an all Portugal squad for one of the leagues challenges and there were a couple of random rare silvers going for 3k+

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Just swindled someone for an OTW Sansone card! Got it at 39k, value right now sitting around 45k. Either way I can slot him in as my La Liga striker and if he gets another TOTW I should come out sitting pretty. I was actually just searching for his IF but someone must have been confused by the colors

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm upgrading from TOTW1 Milik (Selling for 56k bought for 21k) to OTW Milik (hoping to grab for less than 90k). I wanna hold milik FOREVA because Napoli, so upgrading to a OTW for 35k seems to make sense. Still think his OTW card is over valued a bit, but it did stabilize and is starting to climb back up.

NML

Still think his OTW card is over valued a bit, but it did stabilize and is starting to climb back up.

163.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The speculative nature means they should hold at least some value barring a player injury. The Sane OTW was relatively cheap last I checked (70Kish), if I can get it at that price itd be nice because if he gets an IF it'll probably shoot up to 150k+ since he's a 92 pace guy at a popular club. Or I could end up shooting myself in the foot since I'd have to swap Mustafi for it.

Guess they're kinda low risk for sellers (barring injury) but medium to high risk for buyers. For the ones who do get multiple IFs, the buyer who got the OTW early on will get a great deal. I suppose the worst case scenario is you just end up with the basic version of a card.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Sold Milik TOTW1 for 56k (about as high as that bubble was gonna go for a player who is probably worth more like 25k in any normal TOTW) and bought Milik OTW for 87.5k.

Strikers for Napoli tend to be pretty prolific, so barring injury he should have several IFs and wouldn't surprise me to have a TOTS card either.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea TOTS would be big too. Higauin probably his only real competition in Italy, maybe Berardi

NML

Trying some mass bidding today while I prep for the apocalypse. Will post how it goes

Also, made about 9k on two of the marquee matchups SBC. I almost think the packs may be profitable right now, because every gold card in a top-7 or 8 league is going for 450 BIN instantly. Any with a nation/league that don't line up are 800 BIN minimum. Plus you get the random 2.5k 75 OVR card.

No playing for me for the next couple days, in all likelihood, but will do plenty of sperging with the web app. Was at 93k two nights ago (last time I played), currently 111k.

NML

Oh, and btw I forgot to mention this. Ya'll should definitely purchase all the loan players possible in the EA catalogue even if you don't want to use them because you can use them in SBCs and save urself a good bit of money on some of the harder to complete challenges that require good players. Trading in a loan player with 0 contracts rather than quickselling them would rule.

Also, I'm 99% sure you can't use loan players on a SBC. I tried to use my Reus loan card to give a team a huge ratings boost, but it wouldn't let me. Ended up having to scrap it all and start again.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also, I'm 99% sure you can't use loan players on a SBC.

It let me place them in a SBC squad and gave me all checks. I didn't submit because because the player still had contracts, so I'm not 100% sure... but :dunno:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hrngh, Sturridge and OTW Sane roughly the same price. If I sell DS I could have Mustafi and Sane, plus Batsuyahi and Remy are around 20k and similar players.

Player values are really insane. All of my SBC packs have basically paid for themselves. Sold some random Silver Argentinean in a weird league for like 4k, lol

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I used the 2nd of my 5 free fut draft tokens and plowed through a semi pro session to see what would come of it.

Scored roughly $2300 coins and best player in the packs was Victor Ruiz.

Sure would be nice to be able to search my club and filter out people NOT in a current squad.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Sold ALL of my bronze Australians for a minimum of 750 and some upwards of 1k after buying them all for 150 coins 2 days ago. THANKS SBC!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I just like bronze teams in general, so I was just buying a double deep squad for every nation that has a feasible squad. I started with A and so far I've got 22 player rosters of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil (these were expensive), Belgium, Chile, and Colombia. Getting players for 150/200 coins so each nation squad costs <4k. You could also do the same thing with leagues even easier possibly.

Then I just got lucky that Australia was in this SBC and the rules made the bronze level feasible.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Tbf it's only because there's an international break. You probably want rivalry game club players for next week? Or maybe the next set of international game

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The rivalry games should be pretty easy to predict in most weeks based on big matchups or natural rivalries. Yankee or one of you pubers who keeps track of rivarlies in obscure leagues should keep us up to date on what games might be key in the Colombian 3rd division or whatever.

A couple obvious big matchups:

Napoli vs Roma (#2 vs #3) October 15th

Sunday October 23rd Manchester United vs Chelsea

Dortmund vs Bayern November 19th

Real vs Atletico November 20th

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I did the draft thing on world class and lost the last game to zenit. Got two premium gold packs and on jumbo premium gold pack. I dont think I got anything worthwhile in them :( but i know nothing about the market.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I just use the compare price tool to get a general idea, if I see they're worth more than 2k I'll do a full search to check the floor

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
4-4-2, 442 defensive and 4222 formations like that are the easiest IMO because they have simple links. I get into hybrid trougble when I try diamond shapes and 4-3-3s

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
OTW Sane was dropping so I sold Sturridge for 78k and got Sane for a cool 60k. Going to try and grab a 4th OTW before the 10th as I think they will start climbing out of scarcity again

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The rivalry games should be pretty easy to predict in most weeks based on big matchups or natural rivalries. Yankee or one of you pubers who keeps track of rivarlies in obscure leagues should keep us up to date on what games might be key in the Colombian 3rd division or whatever.

A couple obvious big matchups:

Napoli vs Roma (#2 vs #3) October 15th

Sunday October 23rd Manchester United vs Chelsea

Dortmund vs Bayern November 19th

Real vs Atletico November 20th
Couple more:

Liverpool vs. Man U October 17th

Fener vs. Galatasaray November 20th

Fener vs Besiktas December 3rd

Porto vs Benfica November 6th

Benfica vs Sporting December 11th

Midtyjylland vs Kobenhaven October 30th

Feyenoord vs Ajax October 23rd

Sevilla vs Atletico October 23rd? (Not sure about this one but Sevilla are in 3rd) or Barcelona vs Valencia October 22nd (Valencia in 18th so unlikely)

Schalke vs Dortmund October 29th (this one is probably a lock, big rivalry in Germany)

Int match days 11/6-11/11

Brazil vs. Argentina (certainly a lock)
Colombia vs. Chile
USA vs. Mexico
Belgium vs. Netherlands
England vs. Spain
Italy vs. Germany

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The funny thing about that challenge is that it's Saudi Arabia OR Australia. I ended up completing it with like 8 cheap Saudis and then I threw in some Aussies I had, even put a second GK at RB because it was only min chem 60.

I think Sane's price was dropping because he's been hurt, but I saw today he's ready to come back after the international break. I guess people couldn't wait a week for him to start being IF eligible (and it's an off week anyways, lol)

chibob

4-4-2, 442 defensive and 4222 formations like that are the easiest IMO because they have simple links. I get into hybrid trougble when I try diamond shapes and 4-3-3s

I started with the hardest and worked my way backwards. Cost me 30k to do the hardest and also had to play ten matches to get loyalty bonus. I had coin boosts on so nearly made all my money back afterwards. Then made about 30k on selling the packed players.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Singlehandedly driving Slimani's price up the wall. I keep messing with this bot, whenever I put in a bid someone BINs it instantly so I'm buying up what I can and forcing this bot to buy up the remaining cards. His floor was like 4.2k when I started, already up to 4.7k and I've had multiple go for 5k flat.