• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 17

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
Singlehandedly driving Slimani's price up the wall. I keep messing with this bot, whenever I put in a bid someone BINs it instantly so I'm buying up what I can and forcing this bot to buy up the remaining cards. His floor was like 4.2k when I started, already up to 4.7k and I've had multiple go for 5k flat.
you on pc?

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
Here's medium

View attachment 3424

I started on hard but apparently you can't do it without loyalty bonuses?

i just did ultimate but they had some of my guys price fixed because futhead. still worked out, i got a bunch of high league pace guys that will more then pay for my investment.

If you dont want to play all 10 games, then you can start the match, kick off, and quit the app. It'll take away a contract from everyone, wont give you any coins, but will count towards loyalty. I did it a few times using a single player tournament in order to save time on the grind of playing the games. obviously its more profitable if you actually just play the games.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Did you keep Ruiz? I'm using him in my La Liga squad and he's been doing good for me. There's a lot of cheap La Liga guys that are as good as the more expensive guys

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I did, he seems to only be selling for the 700-800 range so I figured for now he was better to keep around in case I build a La Liga squad. Or maybe something happens and his value goes up. I did get Feghouli who looks like I can sell for around 5k so might get rid of him.

NML

@Travis7401 when will non-special cards start to stabilize in pricing? Want to upgrade my teams but don't want to spend 60k on Buffon if he'll be worth 10k next week.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 when will non-special cards start to stabilize in pricing? Want to upgrade my teams but don't want to spend 60k on Buffon if he'll be worth 10k next week.

usually it takes well over a month+ before you even start the decline on those real premium players, then you'll get a pretty steady decline over time until they get an in form. Then their normal card will get a brief surge and then a huge crash.

Buffon is actually still climbing, lol (These charts aren't all that accurate, but they give you a general idea).

http://www.futbin.com/17/player/56/buffon

Just buy him and sell/rebuy when he has one contract left if you are worried about it. Even if he loses value, you're getting the free games out of him!

Reactions: NML

NML

Yeah I pulled him from a pack a while back. Could probably do it cheaper since I know he's kind of expensive, but I spent about two minutes looking for another option then gave up.

NML

I really struggled with this mode at first - I barely got promotion in D10, which is embarrassing because you need like 7 points over 10 games haha. Then I started to figure it out about halfway through D9, playing for the title on the last game. D8 and D7 I won the title with 4 games left each.

Also bought an IF Manolas for 70k this morning. I had too many Napoli players, so I needed a new CB. Figured I play with him a few games then sell him back. But even now his lowest BIN is 72k. Should I hold on to him? @Travis7401

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I really struggled with this mode at first - I barely got promotion in D10, which is embarrassing because you need like 7 points over 10 games haha. Then I started to figure it out about halfway through D9, playing for the title on the last game. D8 and D7 I won the title with 4 games left each.

Also bought an IF Manolas for 70k this morning. I had too many Napoli players, so I needed a new CB. Figured I play with him a few games then sell him back. But even now his lowest BIN is 72k. Should I hold on to him? @Travis7401
I'm 0-4 against the CPU.. On Amateur.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

It is always hard to judge IFs this time of week. I always target monday/tuesday as the time buying time for the week old in forms and I usually start buying when I see the downward trend stop. Manolas' average was like 66-67k yesterday, so the downward trend has stopped, so I think you picked a good time to buy. He might move up/down a bit depending on time of day until Wednesday when you might see a brief drop (more supply on market as players sell him so they can free coins up to buy IFs) but he should definitely increase through this weekend. A CB with those stats in a solid league is going to be someone people want in their best teams for the weekend league tournaments. I think by this weekend (or next at worst) you can probably list him up on a friday night/saturday and see significant return on ur investment.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Looks like I won't be able to use your player recommendation this week, SAD! I even quick sold the Greek NT Uniforms I unlocked, no way I'm making some Greek teenager happy by selling that thing on the market.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lets take a look at the Week 2 IFs and see how we did (in thousands):

[xtable=skin1|421x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=88x@} {/td}
{td=72x@}Bough For{/td}
{td=78x@}Current BIN{/td}
{td=78x@}% Increase{/td}
{td=105x@}Profit (Post Tax){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sergi Roberto{/td}
{td}17.5{/td}
{td}21.5{/td}
{td}23%{/td}
{td}2.93{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Iago Falque{/td}
{td}11.75{/td}
{td}13.5{/td}
{td}15%{/td}
{td}1.08{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Javi Varas{/td}
{td}10.5{/td}
{td}13{/td}
{td}24%{/td}
{td}1.85{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Cesar Navas{/td}
{td}10.5{/td}
{td}13.25{/td}
{td}26%{/td}
{td}2.09{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}50.25{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}7.94{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Looks like about 15% profit after taxes after a week. I usually expect to make 20-25% in a month.

NML

Nooooooooooo

I have a Milik OTW, too. I packed it so I feel slightly better. That said, he's a fucking beast so I'll gladly keep him. Already gave him dat 99 contract

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I intended to keep mine for the season as well, so no real money lost... just the potential for upgrades. I also gave him the 99 contract as well.

He's definitely an interesting player, he's averaged more than 1 goal per game for me so far, so no complaints there. He's definitely a competent Target man and he's got a great shot with dat left foot. He's definitely a trog doe, his lack of balance is hilarious at times because he'll definitely trip on his dick in the box. I had him flub diving header because he dove his face into the ground and skidded on his face for about 3 feet before he hit the ball, then the ball just trickled off his head to the keeper, lol. He feels a little too much like 650 coin Kiessling for what I paid, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Week 3 IF Watch...

This is the first real "normal" week of IFs where there are enough coins on the market for it to follow the trend we'll see for the rest of the season, so I took a look at all the in forms that don't have a OTW card (since I think those will behave differently). I'll look at this again in a week to see if we can discern any trends based on the initial price for a player on release day compared to their Monday price. Last week, the players with higher % of initial prices seemed to perform better, but I'm not willing to say anything definitive on that because TOTW2 had almost no drop between initial prices and monday prices, whereas TOTW3 averages about a 50% drop (which is more normal for TOTW in general). This is why if you pack a TOTW player on Day 1, you should sell them immediately!

I also added a comparison to yesterday's prices to show if a player is climbing/falling from their Sunday price. If a player is climbing in price it means they've already bottomed out and are starting to rise in price again, you missed the best price for these guys, but it is still generally safe to buy them now as they should be on their way back up. For the falling players, you have a little more risk, but more opportunity as well! You might watch until they stabilize and then try to purchase them at the bottom!

[xtable=403x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=97x@} {/td}
{td=72x@}Initial {/td}
{td=90x@} {/td}
{td=72x@} {/td}
{td=72x@}Price From {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Price{/td}
{td}Monday Price{/td}
{td}% of initial{/td}
{td}Yesterday{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ninga {/td}
{td}127.4{/td}
{td}57.3{/td}
{td}45%{/td}
{td}Climbing{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Diego Jota{/td}
{td}29.8{/td}
{td}14.5{/td}
{td}49%{/td}
{td}Falling{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Paletta{/td}
{td}28.7{/td}
{td}14.0{/td}
{td}49%{/td}
{td}Climbing{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ricardo Pereira{/td}
{td}42.7{/td}
{td}22.0{/td}
{td}52%{/td}
{td}Climbing{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Podolski{/td}
{td}58.3{/td}
{td}25.0{/td}
{td}43%{/td}
{td}Falling{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Calhanoglu{/td}
{td}73.9{/td}
{td}23.8{/td}
{td}32%{/td}
{td}Falling{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Iaspas{/td}
{td}48.7{/td}
{td}24.0{/td}
{td}49%{/td}
{td}Falling{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bernardo Silva{/td}
{td}29.1{/td}
{td}15.0{/td}
{td}52%{/td}
{td}Climbing{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}AlderWeireld{/td}
{td}136.7{/td}
{td}80.0{/td}
{td}59%{/td}
{td}Falling{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Diego Costa{/td}
{td}335.1{/td}
{td}181.0{/td}
{td}54%{/td}
{td}Falling{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Verratti{/td}
{td}143{/td}
{td}62.0{/td}
{td}43%{/td}
{td}Climbing{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Manolas{/td}
{td}129{/td}
{td}69.5{/td}
{td}54%{/td}
{td}Climbing{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Lloris{/td}
{td}248.6{/td}
{td}127.0{/td}
{td}51%{/td}
{td}Falling{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

For investments I like Manolas (Nice job NML) because he's going to be one of the very best CBs in the game with his combination of speed/defense/strength. This IF card makes him either the best or 2nd best CB in the league, depending on what you value most.

I like Ricardo Pereira (I should be buying him this week) because he's one of the best (and fastest) RBs in his Ligue1 with this IF card. He's also the best RB for his nation now. With 3 star skill moves and 4 star weak foot coupled with really good dribbling and passing, he's got the ability to be an offensive threat as well.

I love Diego Jota, this is a HUGE upgrade over his normal card. He's 4 star skillzzz and 4 star weak foot. The 4 star skills make him probably the most desirable Liga NOS striker other than that untradeable Jonas card. He's also the best Portuguese striker, unless people want to use that trog Eder.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Cant hurt, his OTW is basically the same prices as his IF now. I'd buy his IF again if I had the $

NML

I'm guessing the best time to sell will be Friday mornings - right before weekend league opens up.

Are IFs a steady increase in value, or is there a peak time after their release to sell (I see you mention a month a lot)?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Calhanoglu falling is interesting. He has 98 FK but I don't think anyone knows how to do those right now :laughing: Think I might keep Sergi Roberto because of his position but I'll probably sell Cesar Navas soon, doesn't feel like an upgrade over some of the regular La Liga and/or Spanish CB.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm guessing the best time to sell will be Friday mornings - right before weekend league opens up.

Are IFs a steady increase in value, or is there a peak time after their release to sell (I see you mention a month a lot)?

Fridays/Saturdays seem to represent peak value for players, I think you re right about weekend league being the factor.

IFs steadily increase throughout the season due to the generally inflationary nature of the market and the fact that they are one of the few items with a fixed supply. The reason I typically sell at 1 month or earlier is due to the possibility of a player getting a second IF, which will tank ur investment on the 1st In Form. EA typically waits at least 3-4 weeks before releasing another in form for the same player, so holding that long is generally safe. Honestly if i get a decent return after a week and there's another player I'd rather buy from the next TOTW I'll sell just to free coins up, especially if I'm not currently using the player. I'm selling Javi Varas, Cesar Navas, and Sergi Roberto now so I can get these other players that I plan on using. I'll hold Falque for a bit longer because I think he's still got room to increase and I'm currently using him with Milk Man.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I might try and make a Portuguese squad with Jota and Pereira. In an ideal world I'd get my hands on an OTW Sanches but even his regular card is in the 50k range iirc.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think that's my favorite of the 4-3-3 formations I've used so far. I love that midfield triangle for holding possession. The only problem was that the bronze team I used it with didn't have good enough shooting from the CMs (who ended up getting lots of shots from just outside the box on layoffs).

How do you have ur player instructions set in the 4-3-3? I typically have striker set as Target Man, Press defensive line, stay central. I like my left wing to be inverted (right footed) and given instructions to cut in, with the LB "always overlap" and he becomes the second forward, while the FB overlaps to play the true wing. Then on the right I try to have a right footed winger with "stay wide" as a true wing player with the fullback on that side set to defensive (and more defensive oriented in general). CDM set as defensive as well, that usually gives me 4 players back in case of counters, even if the LB gets forward. Your LW would fit my system perfectly because he's right footed and he's also got 4 star weak foot, so he can cut in and shoot and also cross with either foot.

I like Biglia a lot as a complete midfielder playing CDM (I'm playing the 442 with CDMs) but give this guy a shot as well, he's got really good control and passing and he's also got a nice long shot (left footed) that can catch people off guard. I feel like having a good technical holding mid really makes a difference this year.

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/15108/miguel-veloso/

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
4-4-1-1 is my go to still. Need a really good CAM to pull it off as he has to be in attack and defense, but I have Asensio and Lallana on my two squads so I'm mostly okay. OTW Sansone is an awesome striker, right in the middle of target mong and drifter. Helps a lot that I have Alba for my La Liga side doe, amazing player going forward and I don't even rely on him for defense because he's 5'6, I just let Saul or even Castillejo (LM) drop back.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I tried 4-4-1-1 in DRAFT and used Aguero at the CF spot with SLimani as ST. LAWD what a combo that was. Slimani is the TROG KING, lol. I hate the low balance, doe, he tripped and fell on his face trying a header :laughing:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think I got outsmarted by the bots, his price fell a little bit even though I kept trying to get up to 5k. So if you want Slimani, now's the time to buy!

NML

I think that's my favorite of the 4-3-3 formations I've used so far. I love that midfield triangle for holding possession. The only problem was that the bronze team I used it with didn't have good enough shooting from the CMs (who ended up getting lots of shots from just outside the box on layoffs).

How do you have ur player instructions set in the 4-3-3? I typically have striker set as Target Man, Press defensive line, stay central. I like my left wing to be inverted (right footed) and given instructions to cut in, with the LB "always overlap" and he becomes the second forward, while the FB overlaps to play the true wing. Then on the right I try to have a right footed winger with "stay wide" as a true wing player with the fullback on that side set to defensive (and more defensive oriented in general). CDM set as defensive as well, that usually gives me 4 players back in case of counters, even if the LB gets forward. Your LW would fit my system perfectly because he's right footed and he's also got 4 star weak foot, so he can cut in and shoot and also cross with either foot.

I like Biglia a lot as a complete midfielder playing CDM (I'm playing the 442 with CDMs) but give this guy a shot as well, he's got really good control and passing and he's also got a nice long shot (left footed) that can catch people off guard. I feel like having a good technical holding mid really makes a difference this year.

http://www.futhead.com/17/players/15108/miguel-veloso/

I go back and forth between this and the 4-3-3 with a flat midfield. The structure of this is appealing, especially if I need to hold a lead - I just sit back with 7 and then ping it up to the front 3 to counter/waste time. But the fluidity of the flat three gives me a lot more in terms of attacking.

Only instructions I give are the striker as a target man/stay central. I'm debating between telling my FBs to always overlap, but I worry about getting hit on the counter.

Biglia was shit this afternoon so I'm actively seeking a replacement. :laughing:

NML

Speaking of, I played so awful this afternoon. I should've quit after my first game because I was tilting so hard.

Used all four knockout tournament attempts and won a total of two games. LAWD

NML

So who uses one squad + fitness and who uses two? I've always used two, but now I'm kinda on the fence about it. I've said I'll stick with two unless I qualified for weekend league...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I switch between one with subs and two, right now I have an EPL and a La Liga squad to make use of my different OTW guys

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I usually just roll with 2 deep at each position for my main squad and then sub in as necessary. It is fun to try out LESSER players who end up being better (but certainly not always).

I tried the weekend league and got beaten 2-0 and 3-0. WOMP WOMP WOMP. I'm terrible, just reactions slow as shit and can't score to save my life. Hold the ball 60%, have more shots, more QUALITY CHANCES, etc but these pubers are fucking 100% snipers on their few shots a game. I need like 10 shots to score a goal, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm so fucking bad, I tied 0-0 with a shithead who had 25% passing, and he almost beat me in the 88th minute. He kept passing the ball to me, I swear to god on purpose, so he could immediately take it back in a better position. The tilt is reeeeel.

14 shots 5 on target (woof) 0 goal

NML

I got relegated in D6, because I was FULL TILT all fucking day with this game.

If I spent another second playing I would've sold the entire damn team.

chibob

I lost all my games last night trying to qualify for the FUT Championship.

Im not even close to how good I was at 16.

So far im painfully bad.

Last year the strongest parts of my game were defending and not conceding.

This year, im conceding all over the show and cant defend to save my life.

NML

I defend well. If I have an athletic midfield (which I'm realizing is key), I can shut down the counters pretty easily. I'm still conceding a vast majority of goals in one of two ways - giveaways in my own final third and corner kicks.

The shitty clearances frustrated me to no end. Every time a defender chests the ball down, I die a little inside.

I'm also way too predictable in attack. I think I need to stick to the flat 3-man midfield with "free form" instructions, or good players jump my passes after about 15 minutes.