• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
latest

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Goodbye to the NBA's All-Time Asshole

In an NBA where hot-take hero worship, gravitas-laden branding and unbridled dickwaddery thrive, Kobe lies at the intersection of all three. His retirement marks the end of early-Aughts hero-ball, and as such, the end of an era. So perhaps, of all the many magical gifts that Kobe has given us, his greatest legacy is, that upon his leaving, we can now – at long fucking last – move on to something better.

zoltan

Aint gonna lie i shed a tear or two.

I hated Kobe for so long its hard to see him go. Part of my childhood is over smh. Games with my dad cheering for this fool since i was a lil toddler and i was always rooting against him and he still dicked me over and won regardless of who was in his way.

Respect. And he went out like a G.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Last night there was a shot in the Rockets/Kings game where during game action the Kings bench had more empty chairs than players.

evil1

50-50 chance Brett Brown returns as coach of The Moose. D'Antoni would be promoted to head coach.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/241566/76ers-Could-Fire-Brett-Brown-Elevate-Mike-DAntoni

I'd rather continue The Process than the hamfisted attempt at creating the Suns 2.0

I cannot imagine a worse coach for the 76ers than D'Antoni. They have a roster full of big men that that have to develop and make long term decisions on. Why hire a guard-centric coach who doesn't want or know how to utilize big men?

Given how weak this draft is shaping up, and how most of the top players seem to be centers or PFs, I wonder if the 76ers would be better off getting the Lakers pick next year as opposed to the #4 pick in this year's draft.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I loved @pavel's "he's probably a rapist, but he's MY rapist" post.

I couldn't enjoy John Elway's career because of his fucking Horse Teeth and the fact that he let me down one super bowl when I was 5. I couldn't enjoy Peyton Manning's time in Denver because he's corny as hell, his 5-head helmet birthmark, and general beep boop nature. I almost envy you troglodyte sports fans who are capable of overlooking rape, murder, etc and just rooting for UR GUY!

The best part was he almost touched self awareness for just a second when he addressed those LAKERS FANS who can (or can't? strange syntax) overlook the rape thing. Oh, I'm not like those guys who can overlook the rape thing, but god damn was he clutch! Like standing in line at the COD midnight launch and mocking the trogs....

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If Tebow were to be outed as another anti gay man is a gay man I'd love him even more because it would mean I no longer had to share my fanhood with loony evangelicals. I might be the only Tebow fan in the world at that point.

If he was a rapist or a kiddie diddler I just don't think I could overlook that.

evil1

The best part was he almost touched self awareness for just a second when he addressed those LAKERS FANS who can (or can't? strange syntax) overlook the rape thing. Oh, I'm not like those guys who can overlook the rape thing, but god damn was he clutch! Like standing in line at the COD midnight launch and mocking the trogs....

I never overlooked the rape charges against Kobe, I just thought he was innocent once the details of alleged victim's testimony and the physical evidence came back.

I was always bothered by how Denver fans treated "UR a rapist" chants at Kobe as being in the same class as "airball" chants.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't really base my opinion of a sports star accused of rape on the outcome of a criminal trial (or lack of trial if it doesn't go to court). Rape is horribly suited for the criminal justice system in the first place. In Kobe's case I actually agree with you in the context of criminal guilt and I also agree with you that the "Ur a Rapist" chants from Denver fans were extremely classless (Those are the same trogs who'd be rooting for him if he was THEIR RAPIST). On the other hand, beyond criminal context, I think there is enough "smoke" in that case for me to declare him a piece of shit person that I would never root for in an athletic event, much like Jameis Winston and Ben Roethlisberger. My "piece of shit" standard puts the burden of proof on the other side. At best he a cheater, still a shithead.

Last edited:

adchester

A-1 From Day 1

zoltan

Lol Tebow is that guy. How people can hate on him is beyond me.

How do you hate someone so positive? People are so jealous and dissatisfied with their own lame lives they have to hate on someone who spreads goodness wherever he goes.

Scrubs.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I read that and presumed someone was hating on Tebow in the NBA thread. So I read the prior pg expecting to find it mentioned. Okay, here's a long post from Travis...Tebow must be in here somewhere. Nope.

Last edited: