• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
WELCOME GAYBAR TORRES

One of my favorite snowmobiling stops

5464384.jpg

Plotty

Tath Meacher
The Kansas City Royals are damn near unstoppable right now. Wish it was October and not March. Fuck espn and their 72 win projection, and screw the under on wins at 80.5.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
So, the new 2:25 clock between innings is amazing trolling.

yesterday it was 0-0 in the 8th inning and we were pretty drunk in good seats. As the clock winds down, we start chanting "5-4-3-2-1!"

The Rangers pitcher makes eye contact with me, gives me the "I see you" motion, and promptly grooves the next pitch, which the Padres smoked down the line for a leadoff double. Guy is clearly rattled, and that ends up being the winning run...

The next inning they shut the clock off with 4 seconds to go when we started chanting again

R2D2

Phillies send Cliff Lee home to rest until the 2015 regular season begins. Honestly, they should just cut/trade him.

osick87

Community Liaison
Reporter said the interview was in Arizona. If Kevin Towers was still in Zona it would be an easy guess.

Spencer said he did this out in Arizona. The NL GMs in Arizona are, as follows: Dave Stewart of the Dbacks, Jed Hoyer of the Cubs, Walt Jocketty of the Reds, Jeff Bridich of the Rockies, Farhan Zaidi of the Dodgers, Doug Melvin of the Brewers, A.J. Preller of the Padres and Brian Sabean of the Giants. Fans of one of those teams: I am sorry.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Phillies send Cliff Lee home to rest until the 2015 regular season begins. Honestly, they should just cut/trade him.

Too late to trade him, Ruen Tamaro is so amazing. At this point I want to get his autograph and hang it in between my Ryan Zimmerman watercolor print and my Cool Disco Dan DC Original print. Dude has done a lot for my city.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Where in the OF? RF seats can't see all of RF. LF is pretty solid, except for having to turn to see the scoreboard.

osick87

Community Liaison
Was debating CF (160) or along the baselines (137-138 or 118-120). If I go baseline, I have to figure out if I want to see Tulo limp to the dugout or Utley.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. My personal preference would be 137/38, because those are the closest seats.

If you're going to a day game, best to be on the shady side (3rd base, I believe). It can get really hot during game days. Just a heads up.

osick87

Community Liaison
It's a night game. If I'm one of the first 5000 (very possible since I will be Air BnBing in the area and I'm a keener), I get a Fedora!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Air BnB? Hope you don't get killed while you're sleeping on their couch.

I would personally probably go with 160, just because it's cheaper than the other two. But you don't mind spending the money, sitting close is nice. 160 will give you a nice view, and you can heckle the Phillies' bullpen as well.

osick87

Community Liaison
Nah I'm going entire house for my first Air BnB experience.

HEY PAPELBON.. REJECT A TRADE TO TORONTO..... PLEASE!?!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Air BnB? Hope you don't get killed while you're sleeping on their couch.

I would personally probably go with 160, just because it's cheaper than the other two. But you don't mind spending the money, sitting close is nice. 160 will give you a nice view, and you can heckle the Phillies' bullpen as well.

Air BnB has been nothing but great for me. :dunno:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Hey so yall remember when the Astros drafted that kid number one and found something in his medicals that they scared them to drop the bonus offer to under slot and everyone thought they were stupid?

Dude went to a prep academy to prepare for next dress and left his first start 12 pitches in with an elbow injury.

Heisman06

There's no way Theo can keep Bryant down in AAA. I understand keeping him down there a week or whatever it is so Cubs hold his rights for an extra year but this kid has to play. Impressive bunch of players. I'm actually looking forward to baseball for the first time in awhile.

Gooksta

There's no way Theo can keep Bryant down in AAA. I understand keeping him down there a week or whatever it is so Cubs hold his rights for an extra year but this kid has to play. Impressive bunch of players. I'm actually looking forward to baseball for the first time in awhile.
I doubt he doesn't go down for 2 weeks.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Enjoy your 9 days in Des Moines

Bryant leads the majors with 8 HRs, 38 total bases and 14 RBI. Bryant .480 with a 1.520 slugging mark and a .552 on-base percentage

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator

Isn't this basically the Jason Heyward situation? Atlanta called him up to start the 2010 season, and because of that he was going to be a UFA after this season? So instead of possibly losing him they traded him to STL.

I much rather have an entire year when he is 29 and in his prime than 9 days in April 2015.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Enjoy your 9 days in Des Moines

Bryant leads the majors with 8 HRs, 38 total bases and 14 RBI. Bryant .480 with a 1.520 slugging mark and a .552 on-base percentage

Off a guy who'll be bagging groceries in a couple of weeks /LouBrown

-YTC