• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
transcript of newton's presser:

[Inaudible question]
"We'll be back."
Ron [Rivera] said Denver two years ago had a tough time and they bounced back. Do you take that to heart?
"No."
Can you put a finger on why Carolina didn't play the way it normally plays?
"Got outplayed."
Is there a reason why?
"Got outplayed, bro."
Was it pretty much what you had seen on film from Denver? Anything different they put in for this game?
"Nothing different."
Do we sometimes forget that defenses can still take apart the offenses in this game?
"No."
[Inaudible question about Rivera's post-game comments]
"He told us a lot of things."
Anything in particular that was memorable?
"Nope."
Obviously you're disappointed. On the biggest stage it's difficult, I know.
[nods head]
Did you see anything that you didn't expect tonight?
"They just played better than us. I don't know what you want me to say. They made more plays than us, and that's what it comes down to. We had our opportunities. It wasn't nothing special that they did. We dropped balls, we turned the ball over, gave up sacks, threw errant passes. That's it. They scored more points than us."
Can you put into words the disappointment you feel right now?
"We lost."
Did Denver change anything defensively to take away your running lanes?
"No."
I know you're disappointed not just for yourself, but for your teammates. It's got to be real tough.
[shakes head] "I'm done man."

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My dad so crushed I didn't watch the game with him :(

Footbaw withdrawl hurts those you love.

Of course it could have been my text about the broncos training staff needing to put a modestly modesty curtain up to give the Ol' yeller treatment Peyton on the field in the 3rd quarter. That might have been what actually made him sad.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
My dad so crushed I didn't watch the game with him :(

Footbaw withdrawl hurts those you love.

Of course it could have been my text about the broncos training staff needing to put a modestly modesty curtain up to give the Ol' yeller treatment Peyton on the field in the 3rd quarter. That might have been what actually made him sad.

There's preseason MLS and A-League and Premier League going on. I have to say that I will never have football withdrawal even with Cam Newton scamming the masses tonight.

bruin

I remember Fox Soccer channel used to show A-League soccer late at nights on like friday's.

A lot of it wass so bad haaha

Brick

Cam just having more FUN than anyone doe.

LOL at anyone who thinks that post game interview isn't just fodder for under. Armour marketing campaign next year.

All about the brand

Fffoiooottttbballl

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
But fuck it, I dunno what I'm talking about. I'll get my 2am popeyes and call it quits

Only 3 more hours till I need to be at the airport! This should go pretty well as I sob at the baggage claim before I suck my thumb all day tomorrow

jdlikewhoa

cbcec529cc9e8d03274a0456232aad1d.jpg

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Just looked at the stats. 194 total yards for the Broncos and a two touchdown win. WTF.

Wolfman21

Man I was an ass in this thread last night. My bad. Still think Panthers shit theirselfs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

There's no debating that, IMO. Everything that the broncos needed to do to win, they did. Everything the panthers needed to do to win, they did the opposite. 12 penalties for 102 yds in the super bowl? 4 turnovers? 5+ sacks? A fumble and CaMVP just standing there watching it lay on the ground? Not tackling a returner that didn't call fair catch? Missing a FG? I mean the shit list just goes on and on

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Fucking embarrassing man. The amount of missed opportunities...I mean you gotta think the drives where Newton got picked and the Tolbert fumble were scoring drives. Not sure why there weren't any designed Cam runs in the second half. Gano shanking the kick, and giving up the 60 yard punt return because they assumed it was a fair catch, just so many horribly bad pivotal moments that show even if the Panthers just played even halfway decent they would have won. And what's the likelihood they get back? The core is young but this season felt like lightning in a bottle.

PSUEagle

Agree with the consensus: Carolina gagged it more than Denver won it IMO. Give them credit though: their defense (really both) was special this year.

Oh, and Elway da gaw @Travis7401

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I still can't believe Peyton's 12 yard lob passes. LAWD. What was the deepest he threw it? That first pass to Daniels?

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I hope the panthers arrogant players all want max money now. Gon be so sweet when the Saints build a nice defense and running game.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm Ingerlish, and even I predicted that Carolina (or Arizona) would poop their pants if they made it to the Superbowl.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Downtown Denver is absolutely deserted this morning. Feels like I'm the only person who didn't call in with a hangover.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
A few people at work finally agree with me that Peyton is a robot. Turning the Super Bowl winning press conference into an ad for budweiser is just so robotic it is perfect. The man feels no authentic joy in the world, it is just 1s and 0s. BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP. How can you root for someone like that? @dirt

ManningS.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can't help but think that Cam's ineffectiveness is a self-fulfilling prophecy in which he tries to prove he is an elite pocket passer by staying in the pocket. If he runs around like an asshole they probably score 38 points. I mean that pocket wasn't even a pocket. It was a straight line getting pushed back into him on almost every play.

Bdub

The edge rushers wouldn't let Cam run around like an ass. They kept him contained in the pocket.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I can't help but think that Cam's ineffectiveness is a self-fulfilling prophecy in which he tries to prove he is an elite pocket passer by staying in the pocket. If he runs around like an asshole they probably score 38 points. I mean that pocket wasn't even a pocket. It was a straight line getting pushed back into him on almost every play.
Im actually taking a guess is that sometime in the first half he got hurt. That might explain the limited running and the fact he stood there like a statue on every drop back.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think that's more on Shula than Cam. Did they run a single QB draw? That would have been great at slowing down the edge rushers. One option to the outside all game, where Carolina got an easy first down. Cam didn't really have time to scramble most of the game, unless he takes off running as soon as he gets the snap. But even then he might have just run right into Ware or Miller.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah they ran a draw on like a 3rd and 4 when everyone in the stadium knew it was gonna be a draw, and got like 7 yards. Good call that he might have been hurt.

Tailback U

tailback u said:
Cam is awesome but the hype is getting a little silly. People talking about him like he's Tecmo Bo right now.

He will have his hands full with Denver's D. Their team D speed is second to none.

If Denver has 7 turnovers like AZ did then yeah they'll be massacred. Time of possession, field position, and turnover battle will be key for them to keep the D fresh since their O is the weakest link.

Cam had all day against Arizona because they have a great OL, AZ's best pass rusher is 40 year old Dwight Freeney, and the Cards D was on the field the whole game. Cam's been banged up before. I think he still holds onto the ball too long sometimes in the pocket. He won't have that kind of time against Denver but obviously he's mobile enough to counter that as well.

Had an idea of how it would go but panthers played worse than they should have. I knew it would be close and Denver would cover but didn't expect a defensive Td from Denver.

That big punt return from Norwood also helped a lot because denvers offense was all time bad.

It's crazy how fast Manning declined. 2 years ago he was one of the best in the NFL still. Now he's the worst.

Carolinas offensive game plan was horrible but they are thin at the skilled positions. I understand they needed Olson to help chip but he should have gotten 15 targets. Keep fat fumbling Tolbert in to block and get Olson the ball.

Tailback U

I think that's more on Shula than Cam. Did they run a single QB draw? That would have been great at slowing down the edge rushers. One option to the outside all game, where Carolina got an easy first down. Cam didn't really have time to scramble most of the game, unless he takes off running as soon as he gets the snap. But even then he might have just run right into Ware or Miller.

Denver dl did a better job of staying in their lanes and playing contain on Cam in the second half. Cam had a little more time to throw in the second half because the rushers were focused more on containing him in the pocket than sacking him and it kind of threw him off.

The panthers WRs are just bad. How the hell is jerrico cotchery still in the NFL. He was barely good in NCAA 2002 and that was only cuz Philip rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.